+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

I have heard the Call to War. The clarion thunder of marching feet, and the war cries of those who die. I answer the call of the First, astride the glory of the Battle King. The First Calls, and Ultramar answers. 

I, Vazzy, vow 

1x Legion Praetor Armus Charon  180 pts

-Nanyte Blaster

-Master Crafted Charnabal Chainsword

-Iron Halo

2x Veletarii Storm Sections 250 pts

-Nuncio Vox

1x Leman Russ Executioner Battle Tank 230 pts

-Armored Ceramite

-Las cannon

1x Lord Seneschal Tybalt Varda of House Vyronii: 450 pts

-Knight Lancer

1x Scion Martial Mercutio Varda of House Vyronii: 415 pt

-Cerastus Acheron

For a total of 1,525 points.

I shall not fail. Courage and Honour

Updated my pledge with Point Values and images. For any confusion, the painted Firedrake and Jetbike in the red case aren't included, I just didn't think to take them out, just the terminators undone.

I added a Deredeo with Anvilus Autocannons and Aiolos Missile Launchers to my pledge. (That forgeworld freight arrival feeling!)

I also spent the better part of the last three days pounding out the overseer of my Pledge, Vulkan! It's my pleasure to announce his completion. May he stand watch over me, ready to thwack if I fall off task.

med_gallery_81403_10063_960.jpg

med_gallery_81403_10063_26543.jpg

med_gallery_81403_10063_7691.jpg

med_gallery_81403_10063_7974.jpg

I finished the Plasma Dread from my Pledge today! Yay Progress! 2 More Dreads to go then its pure infantry.

2015 05 07 01.28.29

...Only took the One picture.

Welcome Vazzy, good luck mate! :tu:

@ frozenfoods: Good to see you adding the pics. Please note though that this year there is a limit to the points on each individual vow of 3,000. I suggest you take 1,000 pts off your vow and keep them in reserve for a follow-up later on. You can vow up to five times, each time up to 3,000pts.

Also: noigrim please provide the points of your vow by editing them in your initial post. Note also that you have until the end of August to complete your vow - if you do it earlier so much the better... :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Still working on vow 1 (need to basecoat four tanks soon, working on Forge Lord for now), and realized an issue I might have with my second vow. I was planning on doing a transport vow, as I have 3 drop pods, 2 rhinos, and a land raider to do, but the drop pods and 1 rhino already have a basecoat of blue. No other work done, but I airbrushed the base on last summer (wow, I'm hobby-lazy at times). Is that a problem, Captain Semper? Got other things I can move to instead if needed, but thought I'd ask as I really need to get those done.

Still working on vow 1 (need to basecoat four tanks soon, working on Forge Lord for now), and realized an issue I might have with my second vow. I was planning on doing a transport vow, as I have 3 drop pods, 2 rhinos, and a land raider to do, but the drop pods and 1 rhino already have a basecoat of blue. No other work done, but I airbrushed the base on last summer (wow, I'm hobby-lazy at times). Is that a problem, Captain Semper? Got other things I can move to instead if needed, but thought I'd ask as I really need to get those done.

Given the number of coloured undercoat sprays on the market, I'm sure that would be ok? Is there that much of a difference?

You're allowed to enter models that are in the early stages of painting. Therefore, if they have a basecoat, that should be fine. All you need worry is making sure you post up the initial pictures to prove the models started in the condition you claim them to be.

Pictures are not an issue, especially since I still have vow 1 to get through! Slow work day and the question pops in my head. Thanks, all!

Welcome Jazzy, good luck mate! :tu:

@ frozenfoods: Good to see you adding the pics. Please note though that this year there is a limit to the points on each individual vow of 3,000. I suggest you take 1,000 pts off your vow and keep them in reserve for a follow-up later on. You can vow up to five times, each time up to 3,000pts.

Also: noigrim please provide the points of your vow by editing them in your initial post. Note also that you have until the end of August to complete your vow - if you do it earlier so much the better... :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Jazzy?

Oh Semper you hurt my heart.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/Ramell_of_Cadia/Horus%20Heresy/XIII%20Legio%20Ultramarines/XIII%20Symbol%20Small.jpeg

I, Ramell of the Ultramarines, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Legion Champion of the XIII, wielding sword and fist, from the Legiones Astartes Crusade Army List for a total value of 125 points, on or before August First, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Thirteenth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

The Champion will have a Power Sword, a Power Fist and Melta Bombs.
I will model him with a holstered bolt pistol that he does not, and can not, have rules-wise. I assume that is acceptable for ETL, as I don't include it in the point total.

And the before picture:
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu321/Ramell_of_Cadia/Horus%20Heresy/XIII%20Legio%20Ultramarines/Work%20In%20Progress/ETL%20WIP%2007-05-15.jpg
He's just held together with Blu-Tac at the moment.

For Guilliman! For the Emperor!

Welcome Jazzy, good luck mate! :tu:@ frozenfoods: Good to see you adding the pics. Please note though that this year there is a limit to the points on each individual vow of 3,000. I suggest you take 1,000 pts off your vow and keep them in reserve for a follow-up later on. You can vow up to five times, each time up to 3,000pts.

Also: noigrim please provide the points of your vow by editing them in your initial post. Note also that you have until the end of August to complete your vow - if you do it earlier so much the better... :)UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Jazzy?

Oh Semper you hurt my heart.

:blush:

Sorry man - I blame autocorrect for that...

Nice to see we got Vulcan on the team, and that Champion looks great Ramell, really digging the pose. happy.png

I finished my master of signals and have started basing the heavy flamer unit, they should be ready for painting soon enough.

http://i.imgur.com/9afsowG.jpg?1

The daily update, brothers and sisters, includes two new pledges and one pledge that has had points attributed to it. We have also had sporadic updates from various Fraters on their vows (including the one from Twisty even as I write this), so I think we can be safe in the knowledge that our total completed points will rise very soon. Here's the numbers:

• Pledged total: 58,682 points (assuming frozenfoods amends his vow to 3000 points)
  • Completed total: 2,855 points
  • Vows completed: 1

Welcome to Ramell and Vazzy to the AoD strategium and the ETL. Also, news from the recruitment thread - Reyner is holding fire until he can grab new goodies for when the fifth book hits the shelves. We look forward to him making his vow. :)

Welcome to the winning team, brother.

I remember another guy who liked to count unhatched chickens, you know that guy who got psychic blasted out of existence, what's his name again?

I remember another guy who liked to count unhatched chickens, you know that guy who got psychic blasted out of existence, what's his name again?

Well, call them unhatched chickens if you like but we've got nearly 60,000 of them. Do you predict otherwise, brother? ;)

So long as the large vows reach completion, we've got enough weight there to offset some of the smaller vows being dropped. The question will mostly be if some of us with the smaller portions will know when we've reached the limit of what we can practically get done before 1 August...

Well, call them unhatched chickens if you like but we've got nearly 60,000 of them. Do you predict otherwise, brother? msn-wink.gif

Prediction smacks of sourcery. Sourcery is Heresy msn-wink.gif

Archived