+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

WIP shot of the 10man EC tactical squad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Problem%20Children/IMG_3421_zps0lqzxrem.jpg

Note link to vow strategically placed in my signature below.

Cheers, -OMG

ermm... beauty incarnate? Keep going mate this is truly inspiring stuff! :tu:

Now that we've had the weekly update from Semper, let's assess the numbers:

E TENEBRAE LUX IV – Week 1
Codex 48 50 33,026 920 2.8%
Black Templars 16 17 8,512 400 0%
Imperial Fists 8 8 6,555 330 5.0%
Iron Hands 6 6 3,780 0 0.0%
Raven Guard 2 2 760 0 0.0%
Salamanders 3 3 2,725 0 0.0%
Ultramarines 5 6 2,325 190 8.2%
White Scars 0 0 0 0 0.0%
Index Astartes 8 8 8,369 0 0.0%
Blood Angels 40 40 19,676 75 0.4%
Dark Angels 30 30 28,308 0 0.0%
Space Wolves 23 23 23,342 0 0.0%
Realm of Chaos 36 36 33,524 905 2.7%
Forces of the Imperium 52 58 35,513 825 2.3%
Astra Militarum 19 21 13,226 825 6.2%
Grey Knights 3 3 2,242 0 0.0%
Adeptus Mechanicus 24 24 18,191 0 0.0%
Sisters of Battle 3 3 2,242 0 0.0%
Inquisition & Agents 2 2 264 0 0.0%
Horus Heresy 61 62 59,172 2,855 4.8%
TOTAL 290 295 232,561 5,580 2.4%

First and second categories: Participants and vows.

In these categories we lead the pack by ten or so people and a handful of vows, which is a good thing on the face of it. However, we must be careful as more people pledge we will have to stay on top of things so that our completion rate does not suffer. This is where small pledges come in. The larger the pledge, the more difficult it may be for a participant to complete their vow. Small vows may mean small gains but with our numbers advantage they will add up fast.

Third and fourth categories: Points pledged and completion total.

Here are the real parts where Team Heresy can really bang our collective drums. We lead the pledges by twenty-five thousand points compared to our rivals - the Chaos subforum. In fact, our lead alone exceeds the amount of points pledged to some of the other factions - that is how far ahead we are at the moment in this recruitment phase and the first round of vows.

Let's not forget the completion total, either. We have only one vow turned in at the moment (thumbs up for AO108) and we lead that category too. If you do the arithmetic, in one vow we have triple the completed points over our nearest rivals. That's the good news.

However, as you can see in the fifth column, our completion rate lags behind. This is not technically something to worry about yet as we are only one week into the ETL but seeing as we are leading every other category, it would be rude not to try and make it a clean sweep for the next weekly update, eh? wink.png

Summary:

Keep doing what you're doing, people. Since the first surge of entries over the beginning of the week, the daily pledges have settled into a routine of perhaps a handful a day on average. No problems there, since every other forum takes a similar amount over a longer period. As time wears on, we'll expect to see more vows being completed. Once this becomes a daily occurrence we may very well have to turn our eyes to a second round of vows, to build on what came before. The limit of five vows per person may seem stifling to some but for many people five is more than plenty. If you do think about making secondary vows, remember that there are three vows left to you after that. There is wiggle room.

I would advise people to make multiple small pledges compared to one large vow but, as always, these are your models and this is you making the choice. Just remember to do your best and make sure that you are comfortable doing so. We don't want members stressing out because they may miss the deadline - we want you to have fun.

So chins up and eyes forward, brothers and sisters. This is our race.

Oli, I think you are on the road to become ETL deputy! :lol: Excellent write-up!

Quick question for the Captian. I'm almost done on my first vow, just need to finish the base and do sone work on his blade, but the cyber raven isn't coming on as I hoped. Seeing as it's Worth 0 points and isn't even a real unit or option for a RG Praetor can I move on with out finished? Kind of wanting to build stuff!

Yes you can. I believe the Cyber Raven was a personal touch - not wargear described in the list... correct?

A quick look at the parts I'll be using (obviously missing greenstuff work, a cape, etc). Call it an "Exploded View", if you will....

Knight-King Saul Tarvitz, the Voice of the Emperor, the Regent of Terra, Sire of the III Legion.

med_gallery_37532_5424_14771.jpg

Got a long way to go, but I'm totally psyched....

YOU are psyched?

Yes you can. I believe the Cyber Raven was a personal touch - not wargear described in the list... correct?

Yep, it was something I was just working on but it needs a lot more work and as something not official I would rather leave it for now. Praetor is done but I've lost the light for a decent photo (black model so need some natural light) so I will sort it out tomorrow once back from work.

Ah, the noble Cyber-Mastiff. Not used enough, as far as I'm concerned.

I might have to brush mine off and use it as well. Very nice, nevindar!

Ahhh screw it. Excited to have finished my first vow. Will get better pic tomorrow but here is a finished shot. I'm going to have to set up something better to get good shots of these guys due yo the dark nature. It's hard to tell but the blade is dark blue to light, there are dark browns and greys that break up black, in fact the armour is a blend of earl grey through to black.

17300862840_d78a421abe_z_d.jpg

So first completed vow I have ever managed, time for a second vow.

Vow 2

I, The Hydra, in order to advance the glory of the Age of Darkness forum, vow to paint

One Legion Centurion Moritat, Artificier Armour, 2 x Volkite Serpents, Cameleoline - 120

One Legion Veteran Squad, 5 extra Marines, Nuncio-Vox, Legio Vexilia, melts bombs, 3 x Power Weapons, 2 x Heavy Bolters, Sargent with Artificier Armour, Power Weapon - 335

One Legion Veteran Squad, 5 extra Marines, Nuncio Vox, Legion Vexilia, Melta Bombs, 2 x Plasma Guns, Sargent with Artificier Armour, Power Fist, Combi-Plasma - 310

For a total of 765 points

I will achieve this by August the First of will revel myself as an oathbraker.

Edit: put up a better pic

Right - time to get things rolling again, and ETL seems to be the perfect excuse / motivation.

I, m_r_parker, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

• 10 Veteran Tactical Marines, with Power Fist, Meltagun and Heavy Bolter, Nuncio Vox and Legion Vexilla
  • 10 Templar Brethren with Combat Shields and Solarite Gauntlet
  • 5 Tartaros Terminators with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields
  • 20 Tactical Marines with Power Fist, Nuncio Vox and Legion Vexilla

from Horus Heresy book 1 to 4, of total value 1,235 on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the VIIth Legion and to Dorn, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

For the Tactical and Terminator squads I don't have built models yet, but for the Templar and Veterans I at least have them built and primed.

Veteran Tactical Squad:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/m_r_parker/Imperial%20Fist%20Plog/0F6921AF-7B7B-482C-935E-C7B9FA4C6E2F_zps9arlctys.jpg

Templar Brethren:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t272/m_r_parker/Imperial%20Fist%20Plog/FC4161E4-47FF-4CB0-AD09-6AFC1259B0ED_zpsyfukr9qy.jpg

A quick update from the Casual Hobby challenge - most of which is pledged to the ETL. Scores are based on the size of the model pledge for completion (in case you don't know how I run it!). I thought I'd post here so folks can see how we're doing for the ETL's cause - but I'll get rid if you think it is off to post our progress in here Semper or the Mods!

The Traitors - followers of Horus - the heretics, followers of the warp (16 members)

The Loyalists - beloved of the Emperor - the loyal sons (19 members)

Current Pledged Scores: 

Traitors 212 – 474.75 Loyalists

Current scores

Pledges – Traitors 0# – 1* Loyalists

*With two additional pledges completed and risked by Mind of Metal and Alpharius Omegron 108

#With one additional completed pledge by Chaplain Mortis

Score – Traitors 14 – 177 Loyalists

Percentage of pledged score – Traitors 6.57% - 37.28% Loyalists

A massive lead to the loyalists at this stage, but some great completions on both sides. Alpharius Omegron 108 deserves huge praise for completing his 101 point pledge in one week (and to an exceptional standard. Incluiding the Primarch Icarion). ROBOcaster has completed his fantastic version of Ferrus, Frozenfoods Vulkan, and Jeremy, our resident ninja, 24 points worth of Raven Guard – a huge effort all. For the traitors, less progress, but still a fantastic pink Emperors Child (?) from OMG and a typically excellent and rapidly painted squad of Iron Warrior Cataphractii from Chaplain Mortis.

Hopefully there is a lot more progress to come. And Olis will be glad to see that we already have a good completion rate (by models!). Anyone who wants some monthly deadlines for the ETL feel free to join us in the Casual challenge. Amazing work from the whole forum so far guys.

Kor’Vesh

Chalk another one up for Team Heresy. Good on you for immediately taking up another vow, The Hydra. You do us proud. :tu:

Thanks Olis, I'm glad to get the model done. The reason for starting so small was to make sure I am 100percent happy painting the Ravens. I think I can do better with them but I'm happy enough to want to paint another 21 models at least. I have a further 3 vows planned but I will see how I work on each vow. I actually have 2 half weeks of work from Wedensday which is why I have gone for a lagerr vow at this stage to. I'm working on a Pride of the Legion force so they represent 2 of the 3 troop choices I want to get down over the ETL too. I have planned this all out quite seriously!

Yep, it was something I was just working on but it needs a lot more work and as something not official I would rather leave it for now. Praetor is done but I've lost the light for a decent photo (black model so need some natural light) so I will sort it out tomorrow once back from work.

You're a damn tease, Hydra... You know that, right?

I, Flint13, pledge to the E Tenny  Lux and vow to complete the following:

-Praetor w/ Cataphractii warplate, Thunder hammer, digital weapon - 170pts

-Primus Medicae w/ Cataphractii warplate, combi-weapon and chainfist

-5 cataphractii terminators, 2 combi-weapons, 2 chainfists, 1 Iliastus assault cannon, 1 pair lightning claws

for a total of 553 points on or before August 1st, 2015. As always, success can stuff it's eternal glory. I'm in it for the ZEAL.

Templar fear no darkness and break no oaths.

Briareon Vaughn, Praetor-Legatus of the LIX

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/673/bnsIOp.jpg

Xhunzi Ko'an, Medicae Primus of the LIX

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/540/fWSbcw.jpg

Janua Domitor, Spearhead Assault LIX

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/633/AmqN8U.jpg

-Mortem ante Obsquium-

I'm in it for the ZEAL.

You know, it's funny you should say that - I spotted Firepower lamenting the lack of zeal in the Codex Astartes strategium. :lol:

Hey I posted a PIC, but even messing around with the PIC brightness it looked bad!

Ha ha ha ha... Whoops! I COMPLETELY missed that pic. That'll teach me for assuming I've scrolled up enough to see all the new replies.

He looks GREAT. From what I can see you've done really well with the muted black, and the freehand is really evocative too. Keen to see him in natural light as you say, but your paint job has done your excellent conversion real justice.

Congratulations, brother!

I'm in it for the ZEAL.

You know, it's funny you should say that - I spotted Firepower lamenting the lack of zeal in the Codex Astartes strategium. laugh.png

Eh, you know those wacky Black Templars. They're all over the place.

Templar ZEAL, however, is never in doubt :D

I'm in it for the ZEAL.

You know, it's funny you should say that - I spotted Firepower lamenting the lack of zeal in the Codex Astartes strategium. laugh.png

Eh, you know those wacky Black Templars. They're all over the place.

Templar ZEAL, however, is never in doubt biggrin.png

Agreed! they may speak of ZEAL but, they're 10k Years worth of Diluted ZEAL. Ours is pure, unadulterated Legion Astartes ZEAL!

WIP shot of the 10man EC tactical squad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Problem%20Children/IMG_3421_zps0lqzxrem.jpg

Note link to vow strategically placed in my signature below.

Cheers, -OMG

Damn, I missed that! Very unique approach on both the purple and the white... I knew this would be fun! :D Fantastic work OMG - keep doing it!

Quality work everyone! Here's some of my WIP:

Finished a Centurion, Chaplain, Tactical sergeant and a Gal Vorbak

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Word%20Bearers/prog1a_zpsal09oqzb.jpg

The rest of my vow so far minus the Rhino I forgot to put in the picture:

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Word%20Bearers/prog1b_zpsxjl49wrs.jpg

Fantastic work so far, awesome to see live update as the Etl progresses. Better than TV!

Is the assumption that we update just our posts with pics or just the topic whenever?

Here's my Spartan progress anyway; just gave it a quick gloss ready for tomorrow to add decals in.

17278644990_939c07f7c8_c.jpgSpartan wip by richmarine84, on Flickr

17278718480_29dfe8a1cf_c.jpgSpartan wip by richmarine84, on Flickr

Archived