+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Ok time for vow 2.

I Ezeriel, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX again and vow to complete:

1x Dusk Raider Praevian Consul with power fist and volkite charger: 115 points

2x Dusk Raider Castellax with multi melta, 2x flamers, 2x power blades: 210 points

1x Ultramarine Legion Champion with artificer armor and power weapon: 110 points

For a total of 435 points.

Praevian and Castellax:

med_gallery_51465_7014_194671.jpg

Legion Champion:

med_gallery_51465_7014_150847.jpg

Second vows? Me too!

I, StruManChu, a man for whom an intercity move with a stressed out wife simply ain't no thang, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX for a second time and vow to complete a Veteran Tactical Squad of the XIV Legion from the LACAL of total value of 220 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Mortarion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Breakdown is as follows -

5 x Vets w/

• Sarge w/ Power Fist, Combi Weapon, Artificer Armour and Volkite Serpenta
  • Chem-munitions
  • Vexilla
  • Nuncio-Vox
  • 2 x Power Weapons
  • Heavy Flamer

And here's a basecoat shot!

gallery_67188_10431_7894.jpg

http://www.vikingrune.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/sword_of_kings_english_right.jpg

I dantay_xv of the mighty VI Legionnes Astartes vow to complete:

1 Cerastus Knight Castigator, designation: Sword of Kings.... 385 points

1 Legion Fellblade, designation: Reginleif.... 525 points

Total vowed: 910 points

These shall be completed on or before the 1st August, whereupon I can feast in glory.

Should I fail, I will wear the mark of shame until years end.

Pictures to follow

I, KJB of the (for the moment) XIIIth legion, the Ultramarines, vow to paint the following...

1x Praetor in Cataphractii armour, armed with a Volkite Charger and Paragon Blade totalling 162 points.

If I can paint him, not only will I be totally amazed, but I shall make a second vow, using the 5 man Cataphractii squad I have built.

Failure to complete this vow will result in me selling all my Forge World items and never buying anything else ever again.

I should point out now that I haven't painted in almost 3 years...

A nice quantity of events happening today with two completions, two vows and two re-vows. Kinda makes up for the slow Sunday, eh? ^_^

Well done to Ezeriel and kizzdougs for their finished vows, and props to StruManChu and Ezeriel (again) for re-vowing. Also, a big welcome to dantay_xv and KJB to our lovely little strategium and the ETL!

• Pledged total: 78,449 points 
  • Completed total: 9,014 points 
  • Vows completed: 9
  • Completion rate: 11.5%

Today I've added the completion rate, considering prior interest. If you all would like me to keep it in, let me know. Well done so far, Team, good hustle. Let's see if we can beat the Week 3 blues into submission. :tu:

Wow some great work guys, been a little absent the past few days so playing a bit of catch up, but we seems to be getting it done, and the standard is as high as ever. Last 2 weeks to get first time vows in., hopefully we get a few more recruits, then it's down to hard work.

Little update on my vow, I am going through a little hobby soul search but I remain fully committed to my vow. Instead of Raven Guard they are being built as World Eaters, but the vow remains the same in every way, with the exception of chain axes, which are a free upgrade so I hope it's ok to have not specified them in the vow. I have 8 built so far, hoping to get all built by Thursday as I'm going away for a few days and I want all next week for painting.

Next up, for my Second Vow. I Brother Severoth Vow to bring life to two more war machines for the VIII Legiones Astartes 

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank- Lascannon sponsons, Auxiliary Drive 185pts

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship- Four Hellstrike missiles, reaper autocannon battery 230pts

Sicaran

Fire raptor

@ kizzdougs: Those Termies are unbelievable man! The platinum effect on the inside of the thigh just worked so well... They truly look like the elites of the Emperor's chosen! Congratulations!

@ AlphariusOmegon108: :yes: Welcome Hero of the Heresy!

@ Ezeriel: Great completion and follow up! :tu: Good luck mate!

@ KJB: Welcome the the ETL! And what a penance vow you made there... :o Now that's an oath if there ever was one!

@ Raktra: Your vow is added! :tu:

@ dantay: So you turned to HH eh? At least it's the VI Legion! :D

@ Severoth: Thta's the spirit! Ongoing effort! Good luck mate

This May turns out to be a HH party! Go on guys, let's see how many more participants can join your effort! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Yes.

My loyalties I have to admit were split between the Wolves of Fenris as they are now and the Wolves as they once were.

I love the Forgeworld models and my intention has always been to make a 30K force that I can add into my 40K army, which is why wherever possible I have tried to make the models compatible to both ranges.

At the end of the day though, this is still primarily a 30K force & this was the ultimate deciding factor.

I'll still always be a wolf at heart, just in a different millenium smile.png

dire wolf

4998aede6f3343b06796e0cf5a0ac124

wolf link head tribal By darklordrinku d2jzxs4

UT4337

Was thinking something like this down the flanks of the Fell Blade.

4118712 celtic knot designs with snakes And dragon

Possibly banding like this around the turret

norsetreeoflife

I was also thinking to incorporate this somewhere too. I considered using Yggdrasil as the Fenris symbol for the AllFather

Well with it being the tree of life, I thought it might make an okay departure from using the Aquila to represent the Emperor.

Bearing in mind that only the Emperors Children could bear the Palatine Aquila.

Plus without any representation in the HH yet, I am not sure of markings, designations etc for troops or vehicles. The eagles head might work, but I always associated that with the Emperors Praetorians (The Imperial Fists and the Custodes). So I was at a wee bit of a loos as to how to represent the Vlka Fenryka as loyal sons, to a loyal son.

I am open to suggestions with regards to this and also to design ideas for the tank itself. Sometimes one can get so blinkered into an idea that they lose sight of the wider picture and miss out on chances to do someting epic.

So folks what are your thoughts?

I had also considered something like this:

stock vector wings 183958475

Or

raven 6.jpg

Celtic Hawk Tattoos 04

In place of Yggdrasil to represent the Emperor.
I had also considered using dragon or wyrm designs instead of Wolves, but made a conscious decision to reserve the dragon motifs for flyers which I hope to add to the army.. Wolves on the ground Wyrms in the air... Fenris has come hunting for you.

Could work.. An intersting idea.. I'll take a look for crow and raven designs, something distinct which will not fall into Raven Guard territory.

Cheers Olis :)

Archived