+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Just realised I had Cameoline on my Moritat, which a World Eater can't have. But, I could give him a Melta bomb that's the same amount of points as Cameoline.

So my super glue has gone all gloppy and useless so no progress today.

Addendum - In my last update, I included Brother Dallo's vow in the Completed total in addition to the pledged total. This has now been rectified in this update and I'd like to apologise for the mistake.

I suppose I should thank you for the subliminal vote of confidence Olis? tongue.png

I'll try not to let you down.

Dallo

I, Castiel, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 10 Pyroclasts and a Librarian Consul from HH:ICL Salamanders of total value 445pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to Vulkan and the Salamanders XVIII Legion of the Adeptus Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Librarian Consul with Artificer armour and weapons, 2nd level mastery and refractor field - 140pts

10x Pyroclasts, Warden with artificer power fist - 305 pts

Pre-vow condition - Pyroclasts bare resin, Librarian consul primed and basecoated.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg605/Castiel25/Mobile%20Uploads/29514187-c71a-454f-a759-c97b4eb15cfc_zpsoi6kmltv.jpg

I suppose I should thank you for the subliminal vote of confidence Olis? tongue.png

I'll try not to let you down.

It was so subliminal, I didn't even see it until the round-up. ;)

In other news - I have been a bad boy. Instead of painting today, I have so far been wandering B&C and adding a helmet crest to a Praetor which might be my second vow if I get the time to do one. I'm still planning on giving him press-moulded cloak clasps (with epoxy putty joining the clasps to the actual cloak) and modifying his helm further with a mouth grille. Tut-tut-tut.

And, while I write this, Castiel has vowed! Nice one! :tu:

I love my cat, I really do, but he has stolen another Servitor; the fourth one so far.  What is it with him and Servitor models?  Well this leaves me with a problem.  I have more Servitors, but not with a servo-arm.  I do have more with heavy bolters, so I can swap out that lone servo-arm vowed one for a heavy bolter armed one instead?  The replacement model is 10 points more, but I am already painting a 0 point Primarch so I don't even care about amending my point total for such a trivial amount.

I love my cat, I really do, but he has stolen another Servitor; the fourth one so far. What is it with him and Servitor models? Well this leaves me with a problem. I have more Servitors, but not with a servo-arm. I do have more with heavy bolters, so I can swap out that lone servo-arm vowed one for a heavy bolter armed one instead? The replacement model is 10 points more, but I am already painting a 0 point Primarch so I don't even care about amending my point total for such a trivial amount.

Your a dog but you love cats. I'm so confused :s

Great job to those who have completed, and nice to see updates from people! Update time for me, Tactical Squad complete:

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af182/Zujara/Word%20Bearers/wbt_zpsp71kanao.jpg

Left to do for my vow: Primus Medicae, Apothecary, Rhino, Contemptor, 4 Gal Vorbak. Getting closer to done!

Okay, so then. Going back to page one to crunch the numbers, what with the additions recently, I do believe we have inched closer still to 100,000 points pledged. We've had Raktra and Castiel added to the roster and Severoth has completed his vow, bringing us to ten completions, now. Great job.

• Pledged total: 80,209 points 
  • Completed total: 9,439 points 
  • Vows completed: 10
  • Completion rate: 11.8%
  • Average vow: 922 points

Is there anyway we can have a completed galleries thread so it is easier to see final finished articles of work please?

Hmm. It wouldn't be too hard to make a compilation thread. It'd just be a pita to do. If there's enough call for it, I'll see what I can do.

With the long weekend coming up, I should be able to get my Predators finished to close out vow 1, and I'm considering building either a Headhunter squad or a Destroyer squad to add to my later vows. Unsure what equipment to use for either, though, as I've not used them before. Shall have to work on that this week...

Is there anyway we can have a completed galleries thread so it is easier to see final finished articles of work please?

Hmm. It wouldn't be too hard to make a compilation thread. It'd just be a pita to do. If there's enough call for it, I'll see what I can do.

Could just start one and if people want yo, they can upload there finished images to here and the other thread but keep the other one to just finished. I do like all the wip stuff too but sometimes just want a quick look,at what people have done without trolling through every page. No biggie though mate, your doing a great job as is

Looking good Kurama, though when it comes to weathering what is the effect your're trying to achieve? If it's dusty armor, remember that it's primarily going to concentrate around the boots and ankles. If you're going for corrosion it's going to be in crevices and areas where water, residue, toxic sludge can accumulate and corrode. 

@ Fasha the dog

b85676c5a738e107dbc2bc9dc6fa27a5

I think Firepower will like that one

My progress:

Fell Blade Reginleif

20150520 063313

Still a ton to do.... Personal issues been clouding my modelling mojo, so been sloppy in some areas or over aggressive in others. Means a lot of clean up before being ready for paint.

Well I'm going for arid wasteland, just ordered some Ak interactive streaking products to now use for acidic corrosion.

I'm hoping by utilizing powders and enamel fluids I can get a balance

I like to use oil washes to get streak effects. They work really well and can be cleaned up very easily to your desired taste.

@ Castiel: Welcome on board! Good luck! :) It appears the Salamanders are more popular here then in their 40k version...

Could just start one and if people want yo, they can upload there finished images to here and the other thread but keep the other one to just finished. I do like all the wip stuff too but sometimes just want a quick look,at what people have done without trolling through every page. No biggie though mate, your doing a great job as is

Just to point out that the completed pics are linked in the first page of this very thread. Please consider whether a new thread with effectively the same content should be made. ETL generates a lot of activity in the forums - do we need another thread to replicate existing info?

Also note after the completion of the event people are invited to post their completions in the main ETL thread if they so desire.

If such new thread is to be made, I suggest that you invite people to post their pics instead of just taking them and re-posting them without their knowledge. It's a matter of etiquette rather than an outright breach of rules. Again, I'm not sure such a thread is required since all the completed pics can already be found in the first page of the Strategium.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

YESH, ITS THAT TIME! Time for vow number 3 mwhahahhahaa

5 preators with a *bleep* load of upgrades: 985 pts

4 centurions: A siege lord, a moritat, a chaplain and a blade master: 600 pts

Command squad+ a load of upgrades: 210 pts

2x 10 vellatris veterans: 230 pts

command squad (SA)+ stuffs: 150 pts

2 heavily upgraded magosses: 540 pts

3 deathshroud: 130 pts

a lazer vindi (+ M.S): 155 pts

That makes this vow a 3000 pts vow!!!

heres a pic of the models so far:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/Asdrubael108/Mobile%20Uploads/20150519_185327_zpsbkikfaug.jpg

Excellent - btw, isn't there another another 5 points you might be able to pluck from the aether? Like... giving one of your centurions melta bombs? Then that would be doubly excellent. ;)

Archived