+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Wow, thanks for the comments guys.

Thats fantastic feedback I really appreciate it. Especially as there are such a number of good looking tanks on her at the moment

After a rush start its going to be slooooooooooow going as Im doing this next

So Vow 2 

1 Valkyrie with rocket pods,  multi lasers at the front and both crew members with heavy bolters on the doors which I believe is 165 points 

So my plan is

• Magnitise the roof, rocket pods and canopy
  • Paint the interior and mask off
  • Apply hair spray
  • Paint the exterior using the masking panel by panel shading technique
  • Chip/weather using strong brush and hairspray
  • Gloss varnish
  • Oil and pigment weathering
  • Matt varnish
  • Detailing
  • Crew
  • Base
  • Sit in a corner and cry

Probably at point 3 something else will grab my attention

Probably at point 8 I'll realize the ETL finishes in one week

So here is Vow 2 

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_4226_zpsmfzvkhae.jpg

Really hoping my meagre offering will stand up to inspection. These other SHs are really top notch!!!

Found the missing bits in the pile of stripped tank bits so need to get them sprayed and then can crack on with painting.

Had a look at the other forums and it seems we may be a little ahead of others if these SHs finish fairly soon. ;)

GO GUARD!!!!!!!!!

Looks good, though you might need to put the crying up a few places... tongue.png Seems like you've done the hard part though so it's just a matter of cracking on smile.png Your Valk is 135pts with the missile pods thumbsup.gif

Thanks

Is there anything I can do to it to bump up the points value?

Lascannon on the nose and the door heavy bolters will add a fair few points, plus you can easily magnetise the lascannon should you wish and the gunners/bolters can be slotted in and out as needed :) That would bring the Valk to 165pts.

For my part I've had some things come up so the bases aren't quite done so I will be finishing the vow Thursday probably. Not like it matters much without my magnets :P Like SW1 said keep up the momentum :D

Just stopped in to see how AM is doing for the ETL; impressed by the sheer number of superheavies in here!  I think AdMech will still give ya'll a run for your money when the new Knights drop this weekend, but it's great to see my favorite faction is a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks 

It will have both crewmen and the bolters in place on the doors and the nose mounted las cannon

Captain S, can you log this as 165 please

It's done. Please edit it in your original vow with the correct load-out since it's linked in the front page...

And WarriorFish? Congrats mate! Those red coat space haflings are a real pleasure to look at!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain S, can you log this as 165 please

It's done. Please edit it in your original vow with the correct load-out since it's linked in the front page...

Update done. Thanks

Im cracking on with the clean up and magnets now

:) Keep up the good work everyone, this could be our year so I want every soldier giving it their all! Don't you want to be telling your grand kids that you were there on the day that the Guard claimed 100% completion and won the ETL with our Imperial allies? Our AdMech battle brothers have the forges steaming away productively so we must match their efforts! :D

Already out of likestongue.png. I haven't been here because I've been painting my CCS, actually playing Assassins Creed Unityblush.png. I have hit a large bump in the road, I ordered some paints, that didn't look like as good as they did on the paintchart. I wanted to honour my fallen Valhallan Ice Warriors, but the paint didn't match, so if someone know what colours the coats and pants are I would appreciate you leting me know. It would be nice to get back in the game(did not mean Unitybiggrin.png).

https://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=923&q=valhallan+ice+warriors+GW&oq=valhallan+ice+warriors+GW&gs_l=img.3...2180.13590.0.13759.16.9.0.7.7.0.42.307.9.9.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.64.img..2.14.307.zvBNZd1eNVk#imgrc=DPFLOdq0tg8qcM%253A%3BKDNjXoCFx38NlM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi723.photobucket.com%252Falbums%252Fww235%252Fb4zm%252FInfluences%252Fwarhammer40krulebook.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.warseer.com%252Fforums%252Fshowthread.php%253F207726-b4z-s-Log-Ice-Warriors-of-Valhalla%3B1021%3B720

Just looking at the total participants for our faction and combined were running at 50 ...

Guard - 18

Admec - 22

Inquisition - 2

Sisters - 4

Grey Knights - 4

Admec are just in the lead so we could do with recruiting a few more troops!!!

Edit:

Just checked and HH are running at 58 participants and we're second with 50.

Follow the image's source and you find another with paints mentioned. The overcoat colour is Bubonic Brown, now apparently Zamesi Desert; the green looks like what is now Lorien Green :)

We're doing well SW1, but remember you should be comparing us all to the other factions as we fight together. A vow for the AdMech is a comrade to our cause! What we need to do is make sure we do our bit. Contributing the most within IFOR is a secondary objective - we should concern ourselves with our 100% so we can say we did all that we could!

Yes boss ... It is a secondary objective. But no harm in stretching our numbers a little more. :D

Good to see the IFOR are currently sitting 2nd in total numbers but we have got vanilla flavoured marines snapping at our collective feet. Guess it's a good job we've got plenty of tanks to run them over with especially SHs.

Whoop finally finished first model. Priest done, will upload pic tomorrow as brain not really functioning as I've just cleaned a brush in my cup of tea. Need suggestions on what to paint next, got commissar who's paint scheme I already know Or a bullgryn which I haven't done before all I know it must tie in with the rest of the regiment.

Whoop finally finished first model. Priest done, will upload pic tomorrow as brain not really functioning as I've just cleaned a brush in my cup of tea. Need suggestions on what to paint next, got commissar who's paint scheme I already know Or a bullgryn which I haven't done before all I know it must tie in with the rest of the regiment.

Have a go at the Bullgryn. You'll be learning and using all your skills. Plus, they look really cool happy.png!

Hail soldiers of the Imperial Guard from the Grey Knights, yes we do exist and yes you will be mind-wiped once this encounter is over.

Good participation from the guard! The hammer of the emperor must hold the line against the bulk of this siege by the alien, the mutant, the heretic. Remember, it’s not just numbers, but completion rate! Let the fickle ways of chaos and heathens throw their pawns to the wayside with failed vows, THE IMPERIUM WILL TRIUMPH!
As recognition of your devotion, I will share one of our battle prayers:

I am the Hammer,
I am the edge of His Sword,
I am the tip of His Spear,
I am the mail about His Fist,
I am the flight of His Arrows,

I am the right hand of my Emperor,
I am the instrument of His will,
I am His Sword as He is my Armour,
I am His Wrath and He is my Zeal,
I am the Bane of His Foes and the Woes of the Treacherous,

Let us be His Shield,
Let us speak His Word as He fuels the Fire of Devotion,
Let us fight His Battles, as He fights the Battle at the end of time,
And let us join Him there, for Duty ends not in Death,
In Vengeance be true, In Valour be Strong,

I am the Hammer,
I am the Sword,
I am the Spear,
I am the Shield,
I am the soldier at the End of Time.

For the Emperor, CHARGE!

Hail soldiers of the Imperial Guard from the Grey Knights, yes we do exist and yes you will be mind-wiped once this encounter is over.

Good participation from the guard! The hammer of the emperor must hold the line against the bulk of this siege by the alien, the mutant, the heretic. Remember, it’s not just numbers, but completion rate! Let the fickle ways of chaos and heathens throw their pawns to the wayside with failed vows, THE IMPERIUM WILL TRIUMPH!

As recognition of your devotion, I will share one of our battle prayers:

I am the Hammer,

I am the edge of His Sword,

I am the tip of His Spear,

I am the mail about His Fist,

I am the flight of His Arrows,

I am the right hand of my Emperor,

I am the instrument of His will,

I am His Sword as He is my Armour,

I am His Wrath and He is my Zeal,

I am the Bane of His Foes and the Woes of the Treacherous,

Let us be His Shield,

Let us speak His Word as He fuels the Fire of Devotion,

Let us fight His Battles, as He fights the Battle at the end of time,

And let us join Him there, for Duty ends not in Death,

In Vengeance be true, In Valour be Strong,

I am the Hammer,

I am the Sword,

I am the Spear,

I am the Shield,

I am the soldier at the End of Time.

For the Emperor, CHARGE!

*Covers Tau iconography and technology with a sheet of tarpaulin.*

Working hard here for the Emperor, my lord! No heresy here, sir, not one bit!

Archived