+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Uh oh, IG is neck-and-neck with AdMech for completion! Ya'll be slackin'! msn-wink.gif

That's without the points for the Warlord though. And now we're getting in the previews for Tempest that beasts starts at 2750 before upgrades.

Luckily Guard are crazy enough to charge a Warlord. Fix bayonets lads and follow the Lord Commissar! I'll be back here doing logistics or something.

Seriously though, this is a good thing for the faction. Adding on another 3k vow (which is already part completed as the vow was made at the start with no points value) in week 3 is fantastic news.

There will be no slacking on my watch! I hope to finish my Demolisher tomorrow - difficult but possible I'm sure. Take scats fine example too, let's keep pushing towards that 100% and keep this topic updating with pictures of progress! :D

Toxic is right, we're not just crazy enough to charge a Warlord but crazy enough to do it and win ;)

I, Vampyrerodent, vow to complete three Superheavies, ( two Shadowswords 555pts each, and a Stormblade 450pts) to add to the might of the Astra Militarum to assist the Kanak Skulltakers in their endeavor to cleanse the sector of enemies of the Imperum.

I think that adds up to 1560pts?

IMG 0028

The Shadowswords will have the 2 extra sponsons making their cost higher. I also intend to make one of them pairs targets. I don't want to waste that single Volcano shot.

V

Hello,

Just a quick question If I may. I'll be uploading and vowing tomorrow evening. I will.be vowing my Death korps of krieg army. Is it ok to vow for one model, and if I complete this before the vow end, vow another?

Thanks.

I, Vampyrerodent, vow to complete three Superheavies, ( two Shadowswords 555pts each, and a Stormblade 450pts) to add to the might of the Astra Militarum to assist the Kanak Skulltakers in their endeavor to cleanse the sector of enemies of the Imperum.

I think that adds up to 1560pts?

The Shadowswords will have the 2 extra sponsons making their cost higher. I also intend to make one of them pairs targets. I don't want to waste that single Volcano shot.

V

Welcome to the ETL Vampyrerodent, and with a hefty vow no less! The Guard can make good use of reinforcements like this! Good luck! :tu:

Hello,

Just a quick question If I may. I'll be uploading and vowing tomorrow evening. I will.be vowing my Death korps of krieg army. Is it ok to vow for one model, and if I complete this before the vow end, vow another?

Thanks.

Hi sandypants, here's how it works:

- Your vow must contain legal units. Single mini units are perfectly acceptable but they must be legal (like a Commissar for example). You cannot do a single Guardsman - it should be a legal unit.

- Each vow may contain as many units as you like but must not exceed 3,000 pts in value. 

- When you complete EVERY unit in your vow, you may proceed to a new one, again following the rules above. You can make up to 5 vows in total in the ETL. You cannot have two vows running in parallel - it should be a sequential process: Finish one, start on the next.

KEEP IN MIND that you are liable for all your vows - if you fail to complete your second or any subsequent vows then all your previous ones are nullified and will count for nothing.

Hope this answers the above. If you have further questions feel free to ask! 

As we enter Week 3 we come face-to-face Week 3 Blues! That means that there is a sharp drop in new recruits before it speeds up again in Week 4. Now if you can maintain the flow of new recruits and avoid the blues you'll be in a much better position once Week 4 hits! Keep this in mind!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

What a vow vampyre, you raving lunatic! I didn't expect to see so much resin at once I will be eagerly following your progress :tu::D

Hello,

Thanks.

Welcome to the B&C sandy, if you need help beyond what Semper has said PM me :)

This is my First ETL so I hope I get this right, and I'll be starting off Small, and I'll probably make a whole bunch f these vows building up to more ambitious projects.

I hope that Built and Primed is an acceptable starting point, I tend to want to get my armies on the table quickly, so I can work out how to play them, I prime them to keep the FLGS manager off my back, since he hates seeing Bare plastic on the table.

Here goes:

I Ulrik Ironfist, Commanding Officer of the 2nd Special Service Force, vow one Taurox Prime to assist The 2SSF in the completion of their missions. 

WP 20150517 001

Edit: It's a Basic Battlecannon/Autocannon Taurox prime with camo netting(Stowed) and a Stormbolter, all told it comes out at an even 100 points.

As we enter Week 3 we come face-to-face Week 3 Blues! That means that there is a sharp drop in new recruits before it speeds up again in Week 4. Now if you can maintain the flow of new recruits and avoid the blues you'll be in a much better position once Week 4 hits! Keep this in mind!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

The only blues we have are our dress blues and seeing as we're at war you won't be seeing them.

Unless they're on Mordians.

Im cracking on with the Valk 

The latest update is sat in my WIP but here we are so far

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_4313_zpsr3eittoh.jpg

Excellent, more vows for the Emperor! Ulrik you'll need to add the points value of your vow in to make Semper's life easier, including upgrades if applicable thumbsup.gif

As it is, It's a Taurox prime with battlecannon and Autocanons with Camo Netting (Stowed inside) with a stormbolter, so as it sits 100 points.

Here is my progress so far:

WP 20150517 006

I'm tempted to call it done, as my men are the practical sort, and don't paint livery on their vehicles. If anything I need to add some script near under the driver and passenger sides where it would ID the Driver and TC. When I make up my mind I'll chime in and call it done.

Well, I took a fine point marker, and added some Names to the truck, the Driver PFC Millier and the TC Sgt Jones, whose name got marred off by a stray shot. 

I'm proud to say, that I feel confident I can call this one done.

Here's the latest pic:

WP 20150517 011

I think that's one vow down. I'm really Happy with the results, I tried a few different things on this one, I did some grit around the outside of the tracks, and gave it an earthshade wash, I used a drybrush of brown, then black, and then silver for the impacts, and I did a bone colored dry brush over a few of the flat spots and edges, to simulate the effect of the topcoat wearing off, in places. I also used a black drybrush around the exhaust pipes and exhaust joints to simulate soot build up.

I'm going to do my next one with a very similar kind of scheme, but I'm going to try to add some directionality to the scarring, And I'll put the names down before I add the battle damage, so that way it looks a bit better.

With that, I'm going to keep on trucking and get my second Vow going.

I, Ulrik Ironfist, Commander of the 2SSF, Vow a second Taurox Prime to the cause. 

WP 20150517 008

Second verse, same as the first, Battlecannon/Autocannon Taurox prime with Camo Netting (stowed again) and storm bolter, another 100 points.

Because I worked out the kinks with the first one, second one took about half the time.

Second Vow Complete.

Here's the pic:

WP 20150517 017

And I'm going to keep going, because this is proving to be a ton of fun, and very relaxing. 

Third vow now, I'm going for something a bit more ambitious, I'm doing a unit now. 

I Ulrik Ironfist, Commander of the 2SSF, Vow a Squadron of 2 Armored Sentinels, that will aid the Black Devil's Brigade in their march to Victory!

WP 20150517 002

It's 130 points to victory, 2 Armored sentinels with Plasma Cannons and camo netting at 65 points each. This one will probably take a day to two because of basing, and school next week, but I'll keep cracking away at what's left of my army to be painted.

Wish me luck.

Good progress everyone, loving the Valkyrie and that's a great job on the Taurox! Vampyre, I have much respect for the sledgehammer approach you're taking, I look forward to seeing all that heavy armour painted up and ready to roll! :)

As far as myself, the Destroyer has just had its highlights done, so now we move onto chipping, oil paints then weathering powders and final details. I wanna try some fiery glowing from the weapon system and potentially a bit of glowing metal effect on the barrel. Hoping to get this finished before Friday so that I can concentrate on the Baneblade after Comicon, the end is in sight for this vow, looking forward to its completion!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150517_23_07_25_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150517_23_07_55_Pro.jpg

I sandypants rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a squad of engineers, Hades siege drill, las cannon heavy weapon team, converted hell hound and a machariusfrom the Death Korps of Krieg of total value 835 before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the mighty Astra Militarum and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/shane874/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0014_zpsrql1ohve.jpg

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/shane874/Mobile%20Uploads/1431901781764-1718776151_zpsxnktshke.jpg

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/shane874/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20150429-WA0008_zpsgjlimk5f.jpg

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/shane874/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-05-17-23-24-51_zpsxr88gbpl.jpg

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/shane874/Mobile%20Uploads/1431901031413-514150445_zpsa8e6qphp.jpg

Archived