+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Cheers guys :) i've been painting for over 20 years now And keep learning loads of new tricks and stuff. I think one thing that helps above all others is if you actually enjoy what you're painting. Not just doing it to have it finished. With my krieg guys I absolutely love painting them. So each model is such a joy to paint it doesn't seem like a chore to have to paint a full squad, or a big tank. I'm just excited to see how it'll turn out. Thanks for the support, it just makes me want to paint more!!!!!

I hereby report my second vow complete!

gallery_30308_10714_154786.png

A couple more pictures are in my topic, plus here's some blurb for him:

Major Jon Erasmus

Hidden Content
Long before his ascension to higher positions and the award of his Dukedom, Erasmus plied his trade as a humble tank commander under the wing of the infamous Britain. He quietly built a reputation as a fair man, as deeply connected to honour and duty as any of his Arukani peers but also passionate about the men and women under his command. It was this kindness that earned him the affectionate nickname "Uncle Ras" which he still bears with pride, though its use generally fell aside when he earned the moniker of "the Iron Duke".

Selflessly putting himself and his tanks in the greatest dangers to protect others his actions not only made him beloved by the common soldiery but also noticed by high command. Units under him would take fewer casualties and fought with more enthusiasm and morale than usual, they would make faster progress and eagerly routed enemies despite some terrible odds against them. As to be expected his talents were quickly made use of, placing him in the most pivotal battles and in the most lethal situations but undaunted he carried on as before no matter what insane risks he took to save others.

Is is therefore little surprise that he rapidly found himself ascending the ranks. He had the pick of vehicles and positions but he always chose what benefited others the most, thinking not of himself. He became so highly regarded that he was awarded the title of Duke in honour of his service yet the modest man was unchanged by it. As war rages ever more across the domain of man and His enemies grow stronger and bolder every day Erasmus would eventually be forced to leave behind his trusty steed for a new command, as to better serve those under his protection from the predations of the foe and their terrible war machines and monstrosities.

If Erasmus was death incarnate in a Leman Russ, what terrors might he unleash upon the enemies of mankind in something larger?

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

Thanks :) Though I'm happy with the style of weathering it's still something I need to develop some more but I'm certainly on the right track. Perhaps when my lottery win comes in I can splash out on a fancy camera and take some decent pictures. The green does have some highlighting on it, honest! :P

I will be sorting out my Shadowsword vow when I get a bit more time, I'd like to prime it first :)

Green is my favourite colour too, probably why all my armies have it :lol: Great work there Zac, an excellent completion! :D I need to get cracking on my Shadowsword so you don't leave me behind ;) Do you have any more models you could vow?

I wish I could but Funding is a bit tight at the moments.  I will have to just be satisfied with my contribution.  Unless a few deals I have in the works come through then I may have an assasin and some scions to pledge but I would rather wait till I have them than not be able to make good on my pledge.

=][= CONTRIBUTE TO THE B&C =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

The B&C has embarked on its yearly fund raising effort. If you want to support the site please DONATE.

Looking back at how quickly I finished my army, I really should have vowed everything, Infantry first, tauroxes second, sentinels third, flyers fourth, and then the knight, that would have contributed about 1500 or so more points to our total. 

Ah well, lessons learned for next year right?

Lets keep this going, I eagerly await updates, to see all of y'all's work, with bated breath! Lets see what more wonderful work we've got in store for the B&C!

I know y'all got this, lets keep up the pace and finish strong in August, hooah?

Congratulations on your completions WarriorFish and CommissarZac! The Astra Militarum has a completion rate of 15% some 3 percentage points higher than the ETL average!

Also I want to welcome Gunmonkey88 and wish him luck! smile.png

@ Ulrik: You painted with great vigour indeed! Now you can pledge out-of-competition items if you like to still motivate yourself - but you cannot add the potions to your faction total!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Hindsight is always like that, but as you said next year Ulrik msn-wink.gif

Great that our completion rate is doing well, let's keep it up! I will be vowing my Shadowsword as soon as I have primed it - with a little bit of luck I can paint it up quickly and I'll have time to vow my Knight as well! biggrin.png That would be a record fourth vow for me too smile.png

@ Ulrik: You painted with great vigour indeed! Now you can pledge out-of-competition items if you like to still motivate yourself - but you cannot add the potions to your faction total!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Problem is I had already finished most of my infantry by the time I had started vowing. 

Alright, I was planning on starting my second army AFTER I had established my first, but tanks are worth more than troops so I figure I'll metagame a little.

I [insert name here] Kaiser Senpai rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a tank commander squadron from Codex: Astra Militarum for the total value of 430 points (broken down below) on or before August 1st 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Oraxian 7th Armored, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end and I will be asked not to attend the company picnic.

Leman Russ Demolisher 170

Tank Commander 30

Hull Mounted Lascannon 10

Plasma Cannon Sponsons 30

Leman Russ Battle Tank 150

Hull Mounted Lascannon 10

Plasma Cannon Sponsons 30

gallery_85478_10913_1290758.jpg

Yeah I know. Poor lighting and black primer does not a good picture make. I swear it's all there. Some day I'll find a female replacement for the tank commander, but he'll have to do for now.

Finished the Destroyer after a busy, busy weekend at MCM. I was tempted by the Forge World stall, but to be honest I've got plenty of Guard to be getting on with for the moment! Here's the Destroyer Tank Hunter after all the painting work, next up is the Baneblade, but it has to be primed which will wait 'til I get paid on Friday, (London is expensive, Comicon more so!) 

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150526_23_15_49_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150526_23_16_03_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150526_23_16_34_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150526_23_16_45_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150526_23_16_59_Pro.jpg

The Baneblade is going to look very heretical, I hope it doesn't anger our Omnissian allies. :)

Another fantastic tank Coffee! The weathering is again excellent, the tracks in particular your efforts are paying off in spades. I will await your Baneblade eagerly :tu:

I'm all fired up, someone make me win the lottery so I can stop wasting time at work and paint more! :lol:

Archived