+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Spare track links in case the current ones are damaged or otherwise have to be removed. The Macharius chassis has them loaded up on the back, and they're used a lot on WWII stuff. Helps break up the flat sides a little if you lack sponsons. :)

Coffee thanks for the inspiration. That destroyers weapon looks almost the same as the left over weapon bits from building my Stormlord. ;)

Just need a Russ chassis to convert one up!!! :D

The other reason you see spare links of track on WW2 tanks is they used it as extra armor. So you could take the extra armor upgrade and use the spare links of track as your modeled upgrade. Additionally you could do the same thing with recovery gear.

Some very nice colours there Meh, good progress so don't let up! :D

Enjoy your nuptials sandy, keep a Guardsman in your pocket for luck and so we can be there in spirit :) You've got the easy part of the ceremony though so nothing to worry about, that means you can look forward to what comes afterwards. I mean of course when you get your Knight next week ;)

Mehman, that is an awesome Knight! 

To everyone else, your Captain has been quiet on the ETL front lately, but fear not. I have been working towards the cause and will post soon. What everyone has posted here is truly inspiring, and I will work even harder now to join the ranks of the complete. 

:)

I WarriorFish rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Stormsword from Codex: Astra Militarum Imperial Guard of total value 535pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_30308_10714_2126.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of it in Stormsword configuration but it's all magnetised smile.png

edit: official configuration:

gallery_30308_10714_56272.jpg

Excellent work Mehman, and a hefty vow there Warriorfish, let's have a race to the Superheavy finish, eh? Looking forward to seeing you make that final push as well, Sox. Grit your teeth, ignore those wounds and hold the line!

I'm actually really liking the look of the Knight without the armour plating. I wonder if I could use that as a basis for my XV101 idea...

I'm actually really liking the look of the Knight without the armour plating. I wonder if I could use that as a basis for my XV101 idea...

As a basis for a who? Partner, you seem like you's a long way from home *banjo music softly plays*

I Pudelhund rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 

2 Leman Russ Executioners

2 Veterans Squads w/ Chimera Transports

1 Armored Sentinel

1 Leman Russ Exterminator

from Codex Astra Militarum of total value 1,000 Points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Omnissiah and the 29th Koshien Plasma Resurrection Guards and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Army List:

Tank Commander
  • Command Executioner 

2x Plasma Cannons, Lascannon, Pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber, Relic Plating, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon, Warlord

Adamantium Will, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Astra Militarum

• Knight Commander Pask 

Tank Orders

Crack Shot, Leman Russ Commander, Tank Orders: Full Throttle!, Tank Orders: Gunners, Kill on Sight!, Tank Orders: Strike and Shroud!, Warlord Trait: Old Grudges

• Executioner

2x Plasma Cannons, Lascannon, Pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon

Veterans [x2]

Flak Armour for Squad

• Chimera 

Heavy Bolter, 2x Lasgun Arrays, Multi-laser, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers

Amphibious, Mobile Command Vehicle

• Veteran Sergeant 

Bolter, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades

• 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun

6x Frag Grenades, 6x Lasgun

• 3x Veteran w/ Meltagun 

3x Frag Grenades, 3x Meltagun

Armoured Sentinel Squadron 

• Armoured Sentinel

Plasma Cannon 

Leman Russ Squadron 

• Exterminator 

2x Multi-meltas, Lascannon, Pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers, Turret-mounted Exterminator Autocannon

Mehman: Your night is coming along nicely! I really like what you did with its eyes.

Pudelhund: Nice vow! Looking forward to seeing it completed!

As for my own vow, I have just the chimera and CCS to go. If I can summon the energy, I will try to get it painted over the weekend but I do have a small tournament that I am attending on Saturday so I may not get around to it. We'll see.

Stormblade!  One of my dream tanks!  How difficult was it putting it together?  My only experience with resin from FW has been unpleasant with the hostile environment plasmagunners.

Not too bad. There were some fitment issues, but nothing too major. Just have to use a large pin for the cannon and preferably the fuel drums too. Resin really is not that difficult to work with unless it has shrunk or doesn't fit at all.

Archived