+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Anyone got tips on stripping with simple green? What concentration should I use, as I'm really doing this for the first time.

If it works like fairy power spray 100% concentration.

Pretty much the same stuff, how long?

Bang them in overnight. Tomorrow should clean off with a toothbrush nicely especially if they're metal models. ;)

Yeah, it's a bunch of Kasrkin. I think I have an old toothbrush I can use.

If not get yourself a new one and put the old one to good use. ;)

They were glued to plastic bases, and I don't have any more of that size, and still, the Purple power I used worked just fine, hit them with a brush after letting them soak for a few hours and the paint just sluffed right off. Now they're shiny (mostly) and ready for priming (after they dry off, I rant them under warm water while I brushed them and dunked them to get the solvent off so they'll take primer. 

Hopefully the last 4 come tomorrow, and I can prime, paint, and show them to all of y'all. Along with the Couple of Ordo Arcanum Inquisitors (My own Ordo, using ordo malleus rules, they keep tabs on the Ordo Malleus, and they gather and classify arcane knowledge). I also plan on using my Dark Angels Chaplain and Librarian as Ordo Explrator Inquisitors (Again, another Ordo I thought up, that monitors Rogue Traders and Mechanicum Elporator fleets, using Ordo Hereticus inquisitors as the base rules, also could use Ordo Xenos rules too). 

I don't plan on having too much invested in Inquisition, since The Inquisition and my brigade don't agree. That's why I went with my own Ordo Minoris so that it's more agreeable. 

So Semper said this in the main ETL thread ...

Ok everybody, I'm on a business trip this week - won't be back home before Friday. I may manage an update or two but generally expect scarce presence from my side...

That means nothing though. Continue your work, report your completions and your follow-up vows and, come next Saturday, we'll be back to normal.

Think we should surprise him with a few completions and revows. ;)

After spending nearly all day in a witness waiting room and wasting valuable painting I time I have managed to base layer most of my second vow tomorrow (time permitting) I will upload update photos and hopefully move on to shading and highlights.

I, great lord and first citizen Gunmonkey, do swear for my third vow to complete a second Wyvrn with no additional equipment and a squad of counts-as tempestus scions with 2 plasma guns, a vox caster, and 5 additional scions for a combined total of 235 points for the everlasting glory of the infantry (five points for whoever can name the reference).

Wyvrn 2 Initial

Scion WIP 6

Almost done with the second vow! Reality has been very busy these past couple of weeks. All I have left is the CCS and MoO. I'm going to try and get them done this evening. *fingers crossed*

@Gunmonkey88: I believe that line is from the Ballad of Roger Young.

Progress Report

I am back from my self-appointed Penitent Crusade. Sometimes you just need a day (it was actually going to be about a month but, eh, who cares?). Anyway, instead of working on my Freeblade Knight Errant, I got some work done building some more 30k Death Guard. I feel that my painting juices have been revitalized so on to more highlighting.

As I promised last night here are my progress report on Sgt. Arker's first vets. This is so far taking a little longer than I would like but that is mostly because I keep wanting to paint each model to the best of my ability. Anyway here you go.

DSC 0009

DSC 0008

DSC 0007

PICS!

WP 20150610 001

Their primer coat is drying now, so I should be able to get some paint on these guys today or tomorrow. I might have to wait until the weekend, as I'm running low on primer, and I need more, for to prime the filthy Xenos enemies that they shall fight.

Archived