+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

#Update# officially way behind schedule. Ogryns nearly done, just skin, red and metallic highlights plus base to go. Here how they look. Great work from everyone else, I hope to catch up soon.

gallery_72518_9307_699412.jpg

Now I'm hungry, I only recently tried wild boar and hot-damn it was delicious, if a little tough...

Back on topic, some excellent progress that makes me feel ashamed of my more glacial movement on this Baneblade. (There's just so much to paint on it!) Really loving those Ogryns, Baz!

@Vel'Cona- Boar bacon is indeed a thing and it is better than your farm-raised, docile pigs' products. Hmm.

Progress Report

I have hit what sport enthusiasts call "the Wall" again. My thoughts are drifting towards my Demolisher and it's making my current project seem like it's taking forever to complete. My wife tells me it will be gorgeous when completed. No doubt she is correct but the thought of painting multiple colours is a tempting mistress.

Well, I guess to the brass-highlighting table I go.

Boar is indeed most tasty, but sadly beyond the scope of the B&C!

Walls are only in the hearts of men, for are the ones in front of us not breached by our mighty artillery? Have you tried praying to the Emperor for guidance? Perhaps he instead will send a mortal agent to carry out his bidding? The Emperor works in many mysterious ways, for example a bolt pistol... we have no use for a priest who has lost his faith laugh.pngmsn-wink.gif

Walls are obstacles to be overcome, if you can't go over it, around it, or under it, that leaves you with only one option! YOU MUST GO THROUGH IT!!! There is not a single human problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of high explosives. 

I'm sure you'll get it sorted Mehman.

In the name of the Immortal Emperor, be still. For is it not because of He-Upon-the-Golden-Throne that we gather? For ill or good, He is the basis for all that has and all that is to come. Let the xenos crash against our walls, the heretic be burned to ash, and the Traitorous Angel fall asunder- the end is the same. We shall strike down upon thee with great strength and furious anger!

For is it not written that the Gates of Hel are paved with great intent? Let intent be damned, I say! Slay the xenos, destroy the heretic, and pound the Traitor to nought but bones. This He commands and thus we shall follow. Do not intend these things. Do these things. With anger on our lips and hatred in our hearts will we ply the stars and take what is ours.

Ave, Imperator!

Well I feel better happy.png.

In the name of the Immortal Emperor, be still. For is it not because of He-Upon-the-Golden-Throne that we gather? For ill or good, He is the basis for all that has and all that is to come. Let the xenos crash against our walls, the heretic be burned to ash, and the Traitorous Angel fall asunder- the end is the same. We shall strike down upon thee with great strength and furious anger!

For is it not written that the Gates of Hel are paved with great intent? Let intent be damned, I say! Slay the xenos, destroy the heretic, and pound the Traitor to nought but bones. This He commands and thus we shall follow. Do not intend these things. Do these things. With anger on our lips and hatred in our hearts will we ply the stars and take what is ours.

Ave, Imperator!

Well I feel better ^_^.

Some good faith shown there to rally the troops. From that show of faith, I lay before you my completed ogryns for yours and the emperors judgment.

gallery_72518_9307_262326.jpg

Over the hump now, just for bullgryns and a commissar to go.

After a second look, that skin looks amazing, Baz! Those fine highlights are really something. I can only imagine what kind of battle that red was to achieve. Also, seeing these gentlemen painted gives me ideas for my own Ogryns. I feel green and camouflage paint is in my future happy.png!

As an aside, I've always liked your Lifeguard force. They really just throw away the need for concealment.

Thanks WF and Mehman. Mehman the red was a battle, 5-6 coats in the end to get a finish I was happy with. The household cavalry / Napoleonic British red coats are the inspiration behind the life guards. Always thought you should look good if you give your life for the emperor, that means nuts to camo and walk forward line a breast guns held high looking fabulous.

Vow completecool.png

This was the first time I've painted eye whites and not just eye colours, needless to say two of them looks kinda of suprisedlaugh.png. I was going to do a close up of every modell, but without an adequate camera...

Sadly this was my first and only vow. I'm going to take a brake and return when I feel motivated again. I wish the other Guardsmen and women good luck, and remember to finish your vows in time so we can finally reach our goal that we initiated in the second ETL. You can find my vow on page 1 in post 6.

Well done Sviar, another glorious completion. They turned out very well, I think the bases match them very nicely. Here's the link to the completion - great job Sviar, your contribution to the cause is most welcome :D

What are you referring to Meh? Do you mean asking for clarification on how something works? The OR section might be a good place before asking GW, especially as their responses are kind of useless as without the authority of an FAQ/Errata it's just a bit of paper (even then, all the rules are if you so wish!).

What are you referring to Meh? Do you mean asking for clarification on how something works? The OR section might be a good place before asking GW, especially as their responses are kind of useless as without the authority of an FAQ/Errata it's just a bit of paper (even then, all the rules are if you so wish!).

I got it answered in a topic I posted. Luckily, that all happened last night so I got to properly freak-out before bed. Now that it's a new day, time for more painting happy.png!

I am another step closer to the completion of my vow... The Medusa Battery is complete (less crew) so just the Hydra to do now :)

201st Artillery Regiment

81st Medusa Battery "Diamonds"

gallery_62353_10396_151687.jpg

Comprising of 3 Medusas, 810 (Command and fire control), 811 and 812

Archived