+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

My remaining Kasrkin have been finished, I just need to base them, and they're done!

WP 20150612 001

WP 20150612 002

WP 20150612 003

And I did some touch up on my Stormtrooper Commanders (Tempestor Primes):

WP 20150612 004

WP 20150612 005

I decided I didn't like the way I had done the Greatcoats, and decided to add some more detail. 

I like those greatcoats, Ulrik. They remind me of a general looking out on his troops. Or a private detective on the trail of some broad during a rain-soaked night back in the 1950s. Either way, good stuff smile.png.

Rhinox Hide base coat, heavy drybrush with XV-88 with a small drybrush, Screamer pink base on the cuffs, with a highlight of khorne red, Runelord brass on the buttons and clasps. Mephiston red for the ring on the insignia and screaming skull on the winged skull. The skull probably needs a tad of earthshade to bring out the detail but I'm fine with it for now. 

The General was the look I was going for, since these guys are my Commanders. The plasma pistol is the Brigade Commander, while the bolt pistol is the Regiment Commander. As I have 3 Regiment Combat Teams in the Brigade. Now I need to work on my homebrew rules and make up some characters! 

Vow Completed:

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/librisrouge/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/65EB338F-16AE-434A-B10C-66F3B5FFA7E4_zpsekosuhby.jpg

The before shot of my Exterminators (Demolisher before shot was posted earlier.)

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/librisrouge/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/40D4C78E-F39C-4606-8098-15D08DD50C56_zpshugoos0v.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/librisrouge/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/65C74E4E-5A04-42F5-9D0A-4FB6FDA3C725_zpscnajkqko.jpg

I'll be posting better pictures on my blog in the next day or so. Sorry about the size.

The Demolishers are 340 points and the Exterminators are 345 (Tank Commander) for an ok vow.

My next vow is a Hydra with Enclosed Crew Compartment (to finish the Steel Host) and a Veteran Squad with three plasmaguns for 190 points, I think.

:woot:

I'm really impressed by the progress guys - a lot of updates, completions and re-vows! The Guard has mobilised in earnest!

Question: can I edit my standing vow if it's the same points? I don't want to configure the tanks the same way.

If it's just a configuration issue go ahead. Keep the points steady though.

@ Captain Baronov: A great take on the Vostronians! I think the white(ish) is really fitting and the worn look has paid off! Well done mate!

@ Gunmonkey: Ok, second completion and revow? You certainly have your momentum going! Keep it up - the stakes rise as you progress! :)

@ Sinthos117: Roses are red and tanks are blue! :D Let me tell you though, it's not the tanks that drew the eye but those damn MISSILES!!! :o

@ our_baz: Those Ogryns are really inspirational! Great choice of colours too... Can't wait for your vow to be complete!

@ Sviar: An honourable contribution! Well done and congratulations. If you change your mind and want to go for another, you know where to find us! :D

@ elmo: Belmo baby this is some fantastic work! :o Very, very impressed... Very. Big guns never tire! 

@ librisrouge: An imposing force you made for yourself - you should be rightly proud of the result! Just to make sure, your total vow is 645pts and your follow-up is not yet submitted. Correct?

@ SW1: The Iron Lady! That brings back memories of the 80s! :D Lovely camo there and a very impressive result! Bravo SW - any chance for a supporting unit (or units?)

I have to say that the Guard carried on this week and did not allow procrastination to creep in! Congratulations guys - you keep the IFOR's momentum going. Carry on!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@librisrouge, nice work and completion there. Interesting mottled grey camo there. Good luck with your next vow.

@SW1 the iron lady looks imposing. If I hadn't already started an urban dazzle camo on my armour I would so be stealing that pattern an colour. Looks really good.

My vow should actually be 40 points more at 685 because I always field them as a Tank Commander squadron but if I can't change it then I suppose 40 pts isn't that much.

I'll formally post vow 2 when I have a computer with a keyboard.

Vow #2 is complete!

Before

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1065.jpg

After

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1081.jpg

I am contemplating what I will do for my third vow. Here are my choices:

Manticore

Imperial Knight

Plasma Obliterator

2 5 man Scion Squads

Tons of infantry

2 Chimeras

Excellent work Wulfgar76. The points are piling up there :)

I would suggest that your next vow is something that you will enjoy painting.

What you don't want to happen is to not complete a vow and therefore all previous vows are nullified.

There are still over 6 weeks to go though so you should be safe.

Well done everyone on the completions! Great work and some amazing looking models.

I have been abroad for a week but will aim to finish the Baneblade as soon as I can. I will not fail you all!

Awesome effort Wulfgar, as Elmo says though, keep the next vow safe and take it easy from here, you've definitely done your part!

I'm hoping to complete drybrushing on the mighty Baneblade tomorrow, then I can finally get on to weathering. So very much to paint on such a massive model. D:

For vow #2:

I, librisrouge, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Company Command Squad with four plasmaguns, a Veteran Squad with three plasmaguns, and a Hydra with an enclosed crew compartment, from Codex: Real Men (aka Astra Militarum), of total value 310 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the Hammer of the Emperor and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Vow completed

Valkyrie

Vendetta

Avenger - 'To commemorate the 15th anniversary defeating the Tyranid invasion of Verdant Secundus, the PDFs Navy chose to retain one of its flyers in team aerobatic colours, the shooting star.'

I've been busy painting these flyers and have learnt so much trying to use different painting techniques along the way and am now even more impressed with all the completions in this thread. Go team Guard thumbsup.gif

...Well there it is, there's the reason I'm getting an Avenger next month. Sweet Jesus that's a lovely pair of paintjobs, Cod! Beautiful paintjobs all round, really. I knew it was a good idea to jump on here for some motivation before I head down the store to work on the Baneblade!

Archived