+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

More fantastic completions, excellent work everyone! The models all shine with detail and attention just what we want to see :D Let's keep this momentum going especially with returning vows like libris :tu:

I think a Manticore would be cool Wulfgar, but Knights are always great... On the other hand we don't see many fortifications done.

Vow #3 (I'm keeping it simple this time!)

I Wulfgar76 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Manticore with camo netting shown below from Codex: Astra Militarum Imperial Guard of a total value of 185pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1083.jpg

Action shot! About to be overrun by TWC!

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1082.jpg

Vow 2 -

I SW1 rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:
- Yarrick - 145pts

gallery_25187_10769_87114.jpg
- Lord Commissar with the blade of conquest. Power fist, carapace armour - 120pts

gallery_25187_10769_12259.jpg
- Nork Deddog - 85pts

gallery_25187_10769_44094.jpg
- 3 Bullgryns all with power mauls and brute shields - 190pts

gallery_25187_10769_350104.jpg

From Codex: Astra Militarum Imperial Guard of a total value of 540 points on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

Starting pics can be found in my guard gallery. Will edit the pics in when I'm not on my phone.

Edited to add pics. :)

Vow 2 -

- Yarrick - 145pts

- Lord Commissar with the blade of conquest. Power fist, carapace armour - 120pts

- Nork Deddog - 85pts

Only issue there buddy, Nork's an upgrade for a Company Command Squad, so I'm not sure what the rules are for vowing him without being part of one of those. :S

On another note, I hit the painting table motivated to do some work today. Smashed through the lenses, drybrushing, highlighting and paint chipping for the Baneblade, just oil paints and weathering powders to finish this baby off! Should be done by the mid-week, I'm assembling a second vow of mostly Infantry in the meantime to mix it up a bit. smile.png

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150614_18_44_08_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150614_18_44_26_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150614_18_44_43_Pro.jpg

Vow 2 -

- Yarrick - 145pts

- Nork Deddog - 85pts

Only issue there buddy, Nork's an upgrade for a Company Command Squad, so I'm not sure what the rules are for vowing him without being part of one of those. :S

You can have special character upgrades without doing the full squad. So you could just paint up Straken or Nork but you just get the upgrade points value. Need clarification on if this applies to things like astropath as they're not named characters.

@Semper - Think you've missed my 2nd vow!!! :D

Brown wash in the armour joints and rivets then a drybrush of a sand colour (it should work for both the brown and green) on the armour panels.

The tracks can have a double wash once with the brown and again with a black wash. The other metal bits with a black wash.

Edit:

Brown wash - agrax earth

Black wash - nuln oil

Not sure of the name of the sand colour

Brown wash in the armour joints and rivets then a drybrush of a sand colour (it should work for both the brown and green) on the armour panels.

The tracks can have a double wash once with the brown and again with a black wash. The other metal bits with a black wash.

Edit:

Brown wash - agrax earth

Black wash - nuln oil

Not sure of the name of the sand colour

Thanks for that. Will get on with that as soon as Game of Thrones finishes.....

@Scats- Make sure you apply plenty of mud. If it's one thing the Emperor loves it's hard work and earning your keep. How best to show those things? Mud happy.png! And when/if you apply the sacred mud, make sure you get it on the tracks, on the side of the tracks in the disc area, and on the back of the track armour (I wasn't around armour very much so I don't know terms confused.gif).

@Azza- Only through patience and diligence is the work of the Emperor completed thumbsup.gif.

First Vow has been completed. Three Superheavies are now available to do the Emperor's bidding. That should see a moderate leap in our ratings.

IMG 0031

IMG 0032

I am NOT doing three of those monsters simultaneously again! I forgot how much there really was to these things. Each one is equivalent to 3-4 Leman Russes.

Archived