+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

I'm just getting the hobby space rearranged/organised after major reduction in space. Once sorted I'll be back to blastin through the current vow!!! ;)

Progress Report

Well, it seems like all the insurrectionists have been killed, finally. It took them ages to die. Although that may have something to do with me preaching to them to change their ways after they had already given up. Still, much blood was spilt for the Emperor this fine day happy.png!

My ETL vow is nearing completion. I can taste it. The paint, I mean. Probably shouldn't eat that. Anyway, the stone banner and the silver metal is all that are left until the glue comes out and a new Knight is ready for campaign.

Thanks for the updates, thinks are looking rosy indeed so let's keep it that way smile.png There's still a fair amount of time left before the ETL ends but don't let this make you lazy - better to finish early and relax than risk failure!

I don't want to imagine how much paint I've unintentionally eaten over the years laugh.png Good job it's non-toxic :P

Progress Report

"This is the End, my only friend, the End..."

I'm not making the official post now but the Knight Errant is complete. Through three painting blocks, numerous hours of cursing (both the heretic and my health), and several pots of paint, the Titan now walks. O woe to the enemies of Mankind for we shall give no quarter.

Expect visual uploads later today.

The Guard has carried the day this week with a 45% completion rate! Question is how long can you keep going? The IFOR is currently second, the HH is faltering but Chaos is too close for comfort. With such a high completion rate you are certainly expending your ammunition fast - but you have little choice. Your resources must be utilised to the last Guardman! Furthermore you have the highest re-vowing rate - you need to also keep that going. This is truly a time for Champions!

But the great weakness for the IFOR is its diversity. The Mechanicum that holds the largest resources of the IFOR faction is also doing well - although they could speed up production and take some of the burden off your hands, but the GKs, the SoBs and the Inquisition had a poor week. And this is important because they hold some 10k pts among them. I will go by their Strategiums to see what's going on but you guys keep firing the big guns. It's the Guard that so far takes most of the burden but I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way. 

++Loading Encrypted Message++

++Attention: Clearance Level Needed...Cyan++

++Clearance Level Accepted++

++Message Dated: 0470015.M3++

++Message Sender: Father Mehman the Scribe, Regimental Priest++

++Message Recipient: Imperial Guard Delegation MkIV++

++Message Contents: Audio- Playback Now?++

"In the name of the God-Emperor, be blessed. In His guise as the Omnissiah for that near heretical organization, the Martyred Immortal Leader of Mankind has bestowed upon us all the opportunity, nay, the privilege, to fight alongside the Freeblade Knight Errant Pariah. His people have ever been stalwart supporters of He-Upon-the-Throne, even going to war with one another over the exact interpretations of the Scribe's, bless his holy name, great Magnum Sumatari. In the name of the Holy Giver, what better ally could we ask for?

Prepare all ceremonies at once, my sons and daughters. Well, once he arrives. Wouldn't do to have rotten fruit and spoiled wine just sitting about, would it?"

++Message Ends++

++Thought for the Day: Bring the fire of the Emperor to the Darkness so that all may be illuminated++

++Loading Encrypted Pict File++

++Accessing...++

gallery_83709_10466_7233.jpg

gallery_83709_10466_128655.jpg

++Loading Encrypted Message++

++Attention: Clearance Level Needed...Cyan++

++Clearance Level Accepted++

++Message Dated: 0470015.M3++

++Message Sender: Father Mehman the Scribe, Regimental Priest++

++Message Recipient: Imperial Guard Delegation MkIV++

++Message Contents: Audio- Playback Now?++

"In the name of the God-Emperor, be blessed. In His guise as the Omnissiah for that near heretical organization, the Martyred Immortal Leader of Mankind has bestowed upon us all the opportunity, nay, the privilege, to fight alongside the Freeblade Knight Errant Pariah. His people have ever been stalwart supporters of He-Upon-the-Throne, even going to war with one another over the exact interpretations of the Scribe's, bless his holy name, great Magnum Sumatari. In the name of the Holy Giver, what better ally could we ask for?

Prepare all ceremonies at once, my sons and daughters. Well, once he arrives. Wouldn't do to have rotten fruit and spoiled wine just sitting about, would it?"

++Message Ends++

++Thought for the Day: Bring the fire of the Emperor to the Darkness so that all may be illuminated++

++Loading Encrypted Pict File++

++Accessing...++

gallery_83709_10466_7233.jpg

gallery_83709_10466_128655.jpg

I love that colour scheme. Those models are also fantastic I really need to buy one.

Today was a pretty productive day. High Commandant completed along with two Repair Drones. (Translation: A Lord Commissar and two Servitors!) Just the two Primaris Psykers left and the "Techpriest." The helmet on his base is from a friend's bits box after he sat patiently Power Axing a Chaos Marine a turn, (after dispatching their Sergeant.) They then won combat and Meltabombed a Vindicator, so he's already got a reputation! :)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150620_23_22_23_Pro.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150620_23_22_42_Pro.jpg

Awesome to see just how busy this Strategium is. We'll keep the pressure on make no mistake of it! smile.png

Great work Meh, the colours are excellent together thumbsup.gif What's your follow up vow? msn-wink.gif Good to hear the great enemy learning his place against the Guard as well Coffee biggrin.png

From the looks of the stats we're doing well, especially as others don't seem to have the stomach for it. As I said before in a war of attrition the Guard wins msn-wink.gif We need to keep our momentum and that means not just completing vows but also making new ones! Every vow counts! Hopefully our allies can step up their game but as long as we continue our pace we can say we did our bit biggrin.png

I hereby report my vow complete! Additional pictures are in my WIP topic smile.png

gallery_30308_10714_44742.jpg

Background:

Hidden Content
The super heavy tank "Wrath of Mars" has a long and noble history record, serving in many notable battles but a learned eye would soon identify that all the listed battles are defensive engagements, many heroic ones of wide repute. It is said the machine spirit is old and cantancerous, not given to long journies and preferring for the battle to come to her - where she shines is on the defensive, holding the line against inumerable and terrible foes. In such battles the huge war beast is said to hum diligently, machinery always in flawless working order. So much so that legend has it during the Siege of Jora where waves of gigantic Tyranid bio-monstrosities strode over the plains Wrath of Mars performed to such a degree that the attending Enginseer wept at seeing such perfection, claiming to have witnessed the Omnissiah through her.

As to be expected, the commander of a legendary vehicle must be a legend himself - and all the more special given the Wrath's perculiarities. So does this task fall to Duke Jon Erasmus, an oddity of the 144th's tankers as much as Wrath is an unusual tank. Unlike his peers Erasmus is quiet and unassuming, more concerned with efficiently doing his duty than anything else. When he does speak it is only to say something of importance, and his care for the common soldiery is widely known.

The impact of morale when a super heavy takes to the field is always significant, but when the troops spot Erasmus in the Wrath of Mars the difference is said to be worth another regiment on top - or even more. Erasmus fights like a lion to protect every life, vehicle and building and from the cupola of the Wrath has never come close to anything but total victory. To attack the 144th when they are entrenched with the Machine god's greatest weapons is foolishness, to assault a position held by Erasmus nothing less than a mad rush to death.

I plan to return later today to make my fourth vow smile.png

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

I WarriorFish rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Lord Commissar from Codex: Astra Militarum Imperial Guard of total value 110pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

1 Lord Commissar with:
- carapace armour
- camo cloak

- The Emperor's Benediction
- The Blade of Conquest

gallery_30308_10714_21441.jpg

He's going to have all the fancy smile.png I'm looking forward to having just a single infantry model to work on so I'm going to go to town on him biggrin.png How's that for turn around time? Let's keep pushing on to glory!

Through the Warp, to near and far,

To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,

The Emperor points and we obey,

Through the Warp and far away.

When you guys are building Leman Russ models, where do you put all the little handle bits that come with it?  I don't see any on any of the finished official tanks and the instructions are really vague with them.

Archived