+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

This thread has so many Baneblade variants; it's enough to make every inner treadhead weak in the knees! biggrin.png

This is why I sit at my desk msn-wink.gif

Good to see lots of troopers ready for painting libris, let's keep pushing as the finishing line is soon approaching and this is the period where the winner is decided!

Excellent progress Guardsmen! The Inner Circle is pleased to see such determination and commitment by the loyal servants of the Emperor... Carry on and bear in mind that we are effectively 2/3 there...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Progress is overall good, IFOR's completion rates are the best except for the GK. So much for the defenders of humanity... I guess the real reason nobody has ever heard of them is because they're too lazy to leave Titan tongue.png

Fear not, as ever the Guard will do its duty and carry the day. This could still be our year, let's see to it that all vows are completed! 100% completion is ours for the taking, and with a 100% rate our chances of winning the ETL are significantly improved as we'd not suffer any penalty deductions! This is the plucky underdog story made real, the ending is all up to you msn-wink.gif

I really hate to do this guys, but I'm out of the etl. Finances hit me really hard and I held off as long as I can, but I've sold all my super he woes, and my warhound, as well as quite a few other models to pay the bills. Not a decision I made lightly, but when it came to supporting my family and keeping my bakery open to making little plastic men, my family wins everytime. Maybe next year I'll be able to buy a few models and try again. Jirt out!

I really hate to do this guys, but I'm out of the etl. Finances hit me really hard and I held off as long as I can, but I've sold all my super he woes, and my warhound, as well as quite a few other models to pay the bills. Not a decision I made lightly, but when it came to supporting my family and keeping my bakery open to making little plastic men, my family wins everytime. Maybe next year I'll be able to buy a few models and try again. Jirt out!

Honestly don't worry. Life is priority over this. Sorry to hear it but hope things are now sorted.

We're sorry to here that, but do what you gotta do. We look forward to your return. 

Don't ever feel the need to apologise. The hobby'll always be here as well as this forum, and there's always next year for the ETL. Real life comes first, hope everything pans out for you from here. :)

Well, I picked up some new additions, I have a second Valkyrie to add to the CAB assets roster, as well I got a box of guardsmen to make my platoons WYSIWYG, and I"m doing a bit of work on one of my previously painted guys, ridding him of the grenade launcher and giving him a lasgun (as he's carrying a VOX), so I can use him for a vox guy (since he's going in my PCS). 

I've decided that the vox, while not worth it for vets, is definitely worth it for a platoon. I'll have pictures up to motivate, as soon as I get them painted. I also have a Kasrkin Sgt on the way, to round out my Kasrkin compliment to a full 22 men. 

I'll have to pick up a few new battlefoam trays, to swap out the wolf stuff I rarely use anymore...

Vow #2

I Kaiser Senpai rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a heavy weapons squad from Codex: Astra Militarum for the total value of 105 points on or before August 1st 2015. Success will bring slightly less mocking to the Cadian 726th, and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_85478_10883_93588.jpg

Yeah yeah, not primed or assembled, but I tend to paint in pieces or on the sprue so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I just realized, I assembled the tripods backwards on my Heavy Weapons Squad (AC's and HB). The single foot should have been to the front with the sandbags over it, not to the rear... 

Like this:

http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/m2hb2.jpg

There's always next year jirt :) For the rest of you, I need to see more painting being done! More vows like Kaiser's are exactly what we need, I'll be working on my vow today - let's push on to victory!

I wouldn't worry Ulrik, maybe they had to set up quick under fire to save the day, or turned to face a flanking foe. Or more likely none of your opponents will ever notice :P

No apology required jirt, family first always. We'll be here when you return.

With these guys done I declare my first vow complete!!

gallery_72518_9307_171148.jpg

First posted updated to this point 1st Vow Complete

With this completeion....I our_baz rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Scions, Tempestor w/bolt pistol and power sword and 2 plasma guns from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value 115 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_72518_9307_24681.jpg

VOW COMPLETE

gallery_72518_9307_327960.jpg

Huzzah! Well done baz they look brilliant :D All the colours are very well executed and complement nicely, they'll make a fine addition to your army :) Great to see an immediate follow up vow too, plus we can never have enough Stormies :tu:

My friend, family always comes first... never feel bad or apologize putting them at the top of the priority list.

Earlier this year was a terribly trying time for the Sox household, and sacrifices were made. It was the right decision then for me, and hopefully there will be better, brighter days ahead for you.

The B and C was always there for me, and it'll be here when you return. 

All the best.

Baz: Those Bulls look amazing!

I'll have progress pics up later tonight

My Second Vow is now complete.

Vanquisher

IMG 0240

Exterminator

IMG 0242

I did change the Heavy Bolters to Multi-meltas, but they are the same amount of points.

My next vow will not be chosen until I return from the mountains of North Carolina on the 11th. I am thinking it may be more infantry or just a monstrously missiled Deathstrike!

Very nice vampyre! The camo looks great and of course it is well painted all round :D I think you should do the Deathstrike next, aside from being another cool tank by the 11th the ETL will be winding down so you won't get lots of time to spend on infantry :)

My next vow will not be chosen until I return from the mountains of North Carolina on the 11th. I am thinking it may be more infantry or just a monstrously missiled Deathstrike!

Well done. Love me some of them Appalachian Mountains, one reason I liked the move to Knoxville. 

Also, does anyone have tips for removing the superglued wings on my Valkyrie and vendetta, to make storage easier? 

Eh... Nobody will know it except you. It's not that big of a deal. 

I just realized, I assembled the tripods backwards on my Heavy Weapons Squad (AC's and HB). The single foot should have been to the front with the sandbags over it, not to the rear... 

Like this:

http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/m2hb2.jpg

Archived