+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Caution at this point is good. Do not forget that by failing on the last vow it will wipe out all the earlier completed vows.

If in doubt then play it safe.

Hey warrior I have one other vow after this. It's only a little one so should be do-able.

Made a lot of progress on the hell hound lasts night. Hazard marks, chips and mud all done. Just need to do the weapons and squad marks. Then it's all done. Onto the bastion. Just a few little bits to do on that. Then engineers tomorrow night.

Finish early and chill out? Whaaaa.....?!

"Pain is temporary, Honor is forever"

"By the Emperor's Will, may none survive"

:)

Great work Kaiser, do you have the models and time for another vow?

Probably but I have a few questions first:

1. With the way the rules work, it would be smart to always vow vets over a normal squad, yes?

2. I'm assuming I need to both represent the demo charge and the melta bombs if I want to claim demolition vets yes? Does anyone have suggestions for representing melta bombs?

3. I'm sadly confused on how you can loadout vets (hey, new player). Can I field three special weapons AND a heavy weapons team, or do they negate each other in some way?

1. Yes, but you should make them Vets proper however you plan on doing that for your army.

2. Yes. You can get melta bombs on most Marine infantry kits I think so ask around I'm sure most will have spares. You don't need to model everything, for example grenades and pistols as secondary weapons aren't always represented across every model so you can add a few melta bombs and that'd be enough.

3. Yes you can field the lot, 0-3 special weapons and 0-1 HWT for Vets smile.png

Remember the most important part of a vow isn't how many models it is, or how many points - its finishing it before the deadline msn-wink.gif

1. Yes, but you should make them Vets proper however you plan on doing that for your army.

2. Yes. You can get melta bombs on most Marine infantry kits I think so ask around I'm sure most will have spares. You don't need to model everything, for example grenades and pistols as secondary weapons aren't always represented across every model so you can add a few melta bombs and that'd be enough.

3. Yes you can field the lot, 0-3 special weapons and 0-1 HWT for Vets :)

Remember the most important part of a vow isn't how many models it is, or how many points - its finishing it before the deadline ;)

Well I want to vow a demo vets squad, which in my homebrew means hazard stripe helmets (Grimdark!). I have a second squad box I'm thinking of pledging, but they'd be more nebulous and probably either be vets or normal troops as needed.

I'm not sure I want to go bitz shopping for a few melta bombs. I'm glad something DOES exist so I might sculpt my own based on those. Demo charge is just going to be the autocannon drum.

End result will probably not be what I field, since I want the special weapons matching and won't necessarily play a HWT. I'll fill in those optional models as I collect the bodies and bits.

Sounds good! Cover the rounds in the drum with a little GS or something and it'll work nicely. There are existing demo charge models though this is far from how they must be done. Are there any local Marine players you can contact? They should have spare melta bombs, you'll only need two or three in my opinion :)

You have this month to finish vows, so don't bite off more than you can chew as much as more vows are welcome :tu:

Sounds good! Cover the rounds in the drum with a little GS or something and it'll work nicely. There are existing demo charge models though this is far from how they must be done. Are there any local Marine players you can contact? They should have spare melta bombs, you'll only need two or three in my opinion :)

You have this month to finish vows, so don't bite off more than you can chew as much as more vows are welcome :tu:

Eh, don't like catachan models. I actually like the look of the rounds in the drum (like ye olde bundle of dynamite) but I might epoxy some end caps just to give it more size. I'll check with my friends but I'm not that familiar with my local group yet. I might just have to start on my blood angels early.

Green stuff is easy to make into satchels which could be used to represent the carrier for melta bombs or demo charges (like a dropkicked claymore).

I can't help but feel that opening that page has landed me on some government list. :P

I second that. ;)

Green stuff is easy to make into satchels which could be used to represent the carrier for melta bombs or demo charges (like a dropkicked claymore).

I can't help but feel that opening that page has landed me on some government list. tongue.png

I second that. msn-wink.gif

Nonsense, It's completely fine, unless you live in Stalin's soviet union... For one, knowing how to dropkick a claymore is one thing, getting your hands on the items required is another.

Besides, isn't the government supposed to fear its citizens, not the other way around?

I digress, it's good to see so many great completions and works.

I can't help but feel that opening that page has landed me on some government list. tongue.png

I second that. msn-wink.gif

Nonsense, It's completely fine, unless you live in Stalin's soviet union... For one, knowing how to dropkick a claymore is one thing, getting your hands on the items required is another.

Besides, isn't the government supposed to fear its citizens, not the other way around?

I digress, it's good to see so many great completions and works.

Uhh no. UK isn't very amenable to its citizens learning how to make bombs. Heck, if you buy enough peroxide the police will pay you a visit. Just like how owning guns here isn't legal. :P

Archived