+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Yes, it is most unfortunate but I don't think we lost any completions? Let's not let this stop us, keep pushing to your completed vows comrades thumbsup.gif

baz, by the FAQ rule he should be ok as he's an upgrade character to a CCS even if he doesn't replace anyone. I'd make the vow and get to work on him, you want to paint him up anyway right? msn-wink.gif

Cheers for the clarification...I'll get on it once the little one is down for night.

Errrr think we lost all of Cod's knights! unsure.png

So we have, curses I was sure they were posted up earlier! Oh well, guess we get to "like" them all over again :P I'm sure it doesn't need saying but any missing vow information needs to be posted again!

This is but a small setback, there's models that need painting :D

Updated third vow showing completion Third vow complete

Time for another roll of the dice.

I our_baz rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Primaris Psyker and a Master of Ordnance from Codex: Astra Militarum of total value 70 pts on or before August 1st, 2015. Success will bring eternal glory to the regiment and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end.

gallery_72518_9307_672229.jpg

Complete

gallery_72518_9307_807050.jpg

Another vow completed for the cause biggrin.png A good follow up too, a couple of nice models that shouldn't take you too long to finish thumbsup.gif

Hopefully thats the plan. I'm sure the comissariat will help with "encouragement"msn-wink.gif

I'll give a quick update before I go dark for a week or so. I was toying with the idea of doing the Master of Ordnance in a Royal Horse Artillery colour scheme, but changed my mind as it would basicallly be the colour scheme of my comissars, and we couldn't have confusion within the rank and file so kept to standard Life Guard colours (But have got something quite different in mind for my Officer of the Fleet). Also the new GW reds are IMO better than the previous. Picture is from 2 thin Mephiston red coats followed my a carrobung crismon wash. Previously I would be running 3-4 mechrite red coats.

gallery_72518_9307_826913.jpg

Ha, I learnt from a past technical issue to save all posts I make as text files first, so worst case they can just be copy and pasted.

So, here is a re-post of earlier lost info biggrin.png

Great progress everyone!

Vow completed

4 Knights

Better quality pics:

Crusader

Paladin

Errant

Magaera

Notes:

• All knights left arms are magnetized for different loadouts, as are 2 right arms
  • The carapaces are not glued, so when FW release their knight pilot/cockpit I have the option to fit one
  • All knights left armour is intentionally kept black so when/if FW release their knight transfer sheets appropriate house decals can be added too
  • All knight helms are unglued and with the extra helms could do a blue/black version too (the orange was an experiment which I like but we'll see)

And the Castigator 'counts as'...

Realising the design of this 'knight' was just too different from the others, went with a colour scheme to honour the Adeptus Mechanicus alliance with a Ryza Relic!

With Dual Cannons (arm swap)

So pleased I really pushed myself and got these done!

Come on Guardsmen, you've still got some life left in you thumbsup.gif

Well done Cod - keeping back ups of significant posts you make such as images and fluff is a good idea, something I recommend! :) Your Knights are fantastic, makes me eager to get to work on mine now the ETL is over :D

That is a very nice red you have there baz, quite vibrant and deep. Keep up the good work and you'll be done soon, without any "encouragement" being necessary ;)

Yay, they're back!  Great work Cod!  I had a longer post but it got deleted; suffice it to say, I really like the inclusion of the 'Castigator'.  In general, all of your IKs are excellent given the challenge of a 'halved' scheme.

Cool, keep up the good work and let's see your vow finished soon!

I've never finished an ETL this early before so I'm at a bit of a loss what to do tongue.png I have other things to keep busy with as ever, but the lure of the hobby is strong... maybe I'll get some in this weekend? Can't let everyone hobby alone can I? msn-wink.gif

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/blargh_ded_zpsndk4by5i.jpg

well, at least my hopes of finishing in time are. I haven't even painted ONE of my Three vowed squads. Had major real life setbacks, and modelling / hobby has taken a back seat once again. Sorry I failed you chaps... But there comes a time when you gotta know when you won't make a deadline.

next time I won't vow so lofty....

Finally finished the last vow, real life has been slamming me lately so it's been a bit of a struggle.

Observe the glory!:

Wyvrn 2 Final 2

Wyvrn 2 Final 1

Scion Final 1

Thus ends my first ETL, it was really helpful in getting me off my rear end and begin collecting, painting, and gaming. Thanks for all the encouragement! I will continue to post updates in my WIP thread as that pesky real life thing permits.

Huzzah! I knew the Guard wouldn't be lazy during the down time, fantastic efforts all! Seeing completions is one thing, but for them to be so well done makes it that much better :tu:

Without the B&C my motivation to break out the glue was weakened, but now the fire rages brightly once more! :D Well done comrades, you can proudly say you did your bit and you did it well :)

+++ IMPORTANT NOTE +++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2015_Poster_V1.jpg

AS YOU MUST HAVE NOTICED THE BOARDS WERE DOWN FOR THE BEST PART OF LAST WEEK.

DUE TO BROTHER ARGOS UNTIRING EFFORTS THE BOARDS ARE NOW BACK BUT IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE SOME POSTS HAVE BEEN LOST.

PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE OF YOUR STRATEGIUM AND MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY REPRESENTED.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Only the final picture is required Coffee ;) Keep up the good work :)

Still far too many incomplete vows for my liking though. The bolt pistol has been gathering dust over the down time, I should make sure it is ready for action...

Archived