+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Posted · Hidden by WarriorFish, July 27, 2015 - Talking about removed post
Hidden by WarriorFish, July 27, 2015 - Talking about removed post

The pointy end? Why give them such hope?

UNLEASH THE BANEBLADES!!!! (Of which many members of this forum have newly painted exemplars...)

Knight is done and I've started work on the 3 russ, they'll be done tomorrow.

I couldn't decided on heraldry for the knight so I'm gonna leave it blank for now and come back to it when I've got time to think about it properly.

http://i.imgur.com/cXeRCjz.jpg?1

Posted · Hidden by WarriorFish, July 27, 2015 - Talking about removed post
Hidden by WarriorFish, July 27, 2015 - Talking about removed post

I agree, give them the blunt clubby end. I want them to taste the aweful taste of blood, tears, and regret! Crush them beneath our mighty treads! Grind them with our boots! 

If the blade is a warrior's soul, let us not taint them with the blood of heretics and traitors!

Ladies and gentlemen, here we are, my completed Vow 2! With this, I bow out of the ETL and go to sit on the sidelines and cheer on the other participants. Looking forward to seeing the bloody nose we'll give those filthy heretics...well, the other kind of heretics, at least! :P

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/coffeegrunt/WP_20150726_14_00_42_Pro.jpg

Really inspiring to see the work rolling in, keep it up and we'll have a great year here for the Guard. We might not win in raw points vowed, but let's see us win the Completion Percentage! ^.^

Boy do I want plastic Vostroyans, such a cool aesthetic. Awesome work, Baranov! biggrin.png

Plastics of all those other regiments would be awesome, and would bring me into this part of the forum more often.

I painted some Cadians as Valhallans once, but "it just ain't the same"...

Well done Ulrik on the new job. :tu:

Now then how many super heavies have we painted already and how many more will we have completed before the final whistle is blown? Let's crush those fowl chaos scum under our treads. And then under our boots as we march forth in a triumphal synchronised formation. :D

Another new vow! Cutting it close with this... at this stage it's very much the end of vows I want to see not the start! laugh.png Work hard to see it through Kaiser, and keep up the effort Toxic you know it's all worth it msn-wink.gif

Speedy work Ldorte, I know we'll see your Russes done shortly now the Knight is done! That's a rather nice gold you have there, how I wish I wasn't at work so I could continue on mine too laugh.png Congratulations on doing your part Coffee, you've done a grand job on your conversions and I really like the blue you've got.

Well done to you Ulrik too, albeit not ETL related! I'm sure we'll be seeing the fruits of your new labours soon thumbsup.gif

Last but not least, should some over enthusiastic cur come in flapping his gums refer him to the commissariat and move on. The ETL is a friendly, positive competition and actions contrary to this will not be tolerated. In the meantime please watch your step entering and leaving the barracks as the floor is slippery.

Excellent! Completions and new vows! You guys are approaching a completion rate of 70% and it's still Monday! ohmy.png

Now for those who have second or subsequent vows outstanding, please make sure you complete on time or all previous vows will by nullified!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Well it took me almost the entire time to complete just the one vow, but I made it.  With this post my vow is now complete.      Glory to the Guard!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tKQHH_-h8Bc/VbG7T9nZgxI/AAAAAAAABoc/FBjr3aD_7zY/s1600/DSCN6444.JPG

Nice work Argos - that camouflage works very well thumbsup.gif

So I guess I'm confused, what exactly determines the winner?

See the ETL main thread for the explanation but safe to say, the more completions the better ;)

Winners

3. WINNERS:

On individual level:

Participants who successfully complete ALL their vows will be eligible to wear the ultimate Badge of Honour the glorious Custos Fidei! As usual, on the badge there will also be a representation of the number of vows completed by the participant. There will also be a number of other badges (collectively named the Badges of Excellence) to reward actions of bravery above and beyond the call of duty! For more details, please see “Awards” section below.

On faction level:

This year we decided to reward the commitment of the participants even more! As such we want the Completion Rate (points completed/points pledged) to become more relevant in determining the winner. That works as follows: After the total points of each faction are counted (net of penalties) the result will be modified by the Faction’s overall Completion Rate!

EXAMPLE:

Faction A has a total of 82,000 points pledged but completed only 63,000 points (completion rate: 77%). The modified total points will be 63,000 x 77% = 48,402

Faction B has pledged a total of 65,000 points and completed 58,000 points (completion rate: 89%). The modified total points will be 58,000 x 89% = 51,754

In this particular example Faction B will win over Faction A despite having fewer completed points on a nominal basis because it showed higher level of commitment thus getting ahead on a modified basis!

To put it simply, this year high Completion Rates are a significant element in determining the ETL Champions - not to be ignored by even the traditional ETL super-powers! As such the faction with the most completed modified points (as per relevant Codex or army list) at the end of the event will become Primus Inter Pares i.e. the ETL Champion!

That's a great tank there Marshal! I love the colours for the camo scheme, and the pattern itself is well executed topped off with some subtle but effective weathering. We'll need to see more tanks like this! ;) Well done, a solid vow :D

Let's not forget that the aim is the best completion percentage, everything else will come from that :tu:

Quick update. Haven't had much time tonight, but psyker is probably "table top finished". But not guard finished. Highlights, details and touching up and I should be done by this time tomorrow. With this high completion rate when is our coronation Cpt Semper?

Vow number three has been completed. 

IMG 4841

IMG 4848

Looks like I will not get to add the extra superheavy and veteran squad as planned. Damn thing called life got in the way the past week plus. That and being colorblind caused some issues along the way as well. I may do a post on my blog about the issue, anyway. 

Marshal, I love that three color camouflage on the Macharius! It looks great!

The Primaris Psyker should shine for you Baz, and not just in the warp sense!

Huzzah!

Vow completed

Think I finally got painters cramp finishing these off quickly laugh.png

What an amazing final push by the Guard! All those completed should feel mighty proud and really... anyone with painted miniatures due to the ETL is a winner thumbsup.gif

Such a variety of different regiments and colours on show, awesome!

This made my morning, two amazing completions and an ever increasing completion percentage! biggrin.png I can't get enough of your tanks vampyre, the camo on the Chimera in particular is amazing. Great to see some more Scions for the cause (troopers that aren't dirt cheap for starters tongue.png ) Cod, and of course so well painted too, their teal berets are nice along with the converted meltas blending in perfectly.

Well done both, let's see what others have in store for us these last few days thumbsup.gif

If only we could get all the painted Guard minis together for a big ol' shoot, imagine that much armour putting the fear of the Emperor into the other boards! 73% is good but I know we can push it a bit, how's our list of vows still to be completed looking? :)

@VampyreRodent

Nice work! I really wanna get a Deathstrike some day, they're a tonne of fun. I like the sigil on the front of the Chimera as well, where's it from? If you hadn't said you were colourblind, I'd never have guessed given the quality of the final product! :)

@Ldorte

A lovely compliment on tanks, well-painted! Agree with you that the lighting doesn't look too good in that photo, looking forward to the next shot in daylight. 

@Marshal Argos

Another Macharius Vanquisher, probably my favourite tank in the whole Guard range, just looks so cool. Loving the camo and subtle weathering you've done on it, but y'know what they say, one good tank deserves another. :P

@Cod

Really love the Scions in your colour scheme! Berets are also an excellent choice, especially with such excellent moustaches on display!

Archived