+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Fellow grunts.

Currently the Realm of Chaos has more points in completed vows and a higher completion rate than the Forces of the Imperium, giving them a strong lead over us. The Codex Astartes, Age of Darkness and other Marine forums are all nipping at our heels. If something isn't done, then we're not just going to miss out on first place, we're going to be languishing in fourth or fifth place.

We've done a fantastic job, currently we sit at a 72% with an expected completion rate of 78%. The bad news is that we're almost out of steam, with only a few vows left that might possibly be completed. Despite a sterling effort from ourselves and the Inqusition/Agents of the Imperium, the Forces of the Imperium are sitting at just 57%, behind Chaos and only just ahead of the other ETL factions. The Grey Knights and Sororitas have a very low completion rate and the Mechanicus, who make up the majority of uncompleted vows are just above 50%. It's true that most of the work must now come from them.

However, we can still contribute for one final push. If we can get our completion rate between 80 and 90%, then regardless of the results we will know that it was not us that failed, that we did our best and held the line. If we can do that and the other factions do their part, then we stand to challenge the Realm of Chaos for first place.

Stand now fellow Guardsmen, let the hammer of the Emperor fall and reclaim the ETL from the Dark Gods.

On to the 8th wash in this model today. Turns out I baseckatd in a totally different grey to what I wanted so having to wash it down then, highlight it a bit. Got the rest of the day off work so should hopefully get it finished today/ tomorrow.

Excellent work everyone! Lets keep it up and get everyone to the finish line. The Commissars and the Colonels don't want to see a single Oath Breaker, so lets shoot for perfection, so we can settle for excellence!

I believe in y'all, we can win this!

That is from the old plastic Mordheim sprue. I have a couple more that I may add to other vehicles.

Now I have to write a colorblind post on my blog...

If only we could get all the painted Guard minis together for a big ol' shoot, imagine that much armour putting the fear of the Emperor into the other boards! 73% is good but I know we can push it a bit, how's our list of vows still to be completed looking? smile.png

@VampyreRodent

Nice work! I really wanna get a Deathstrike some day, they're a tonne of fun. I like the sigil on the front of the Chimera as well, where's it from? If you hadn't said you were colourblind, I'd never have guessed given the quality of the final product! smile.png

Love that Deathstrike Vampyrerodent!  The Guard really has showed up for this ETL.  How close can you guys get to 100% completion?

Including all of the currently incomplete follow on vows, we hit about 78%. I know myself, our_baz, sandypants87 and Ultrarich will definitely make the deadline with our follow on vows. I'd guess that Kaiser Senpai, librisrouge, and Sinthos117 will do as well - none of them are huge vows outstanding and it'd be a shame if not completing follow up vows resulted in loosing earlier completions. Arizonajirt and Captain Sox have had to retire from the event, so that leaves just Ceddyn, +DAN+, gmarks and Pudlehund with outstanding vows. Unfortunately they've all been quite quiet and are still on their first vows, so at this stage it's touch and go as to whether they'll be able to complete. I'd love to be surprised though!

How is the Mechanicus looking - any idea on what kind of percentage you guys will be finishing on?

It does yes, though failures in the SoB, GK and Inquisition could hit us hard. It's a team effort after all where we will very much win or lose as one. We can only do our bit and offer our support to others!

I've decided the Inquisition needed some motivation though as they were doing so well previously, so I issued a challenge. I have absolute faith in my comrades in arms! You don't want to lose a challenge do you? Have the commissariat be forced to say that His Guard are not foremost of His defenders? Paint for the honour of the Guard, and victory may follow! msn-wink.gif

A few pictures to show I am making progress and not just making noise.

Here's the Baneblade last weekend after the final coat of green.

gallery_61651_10755_56899.jpg

And again today, after I gave up painting because I couldn't focus my eyes anymore.

gallery_61651_10755_46963.jpg

The stuff that's taking a long time is blacking out areas for re-painting (the tracks ... the tracks!!!) and edge highlighting everything. I screwed up by skipping the edge highlighting originally and going straight onto weathering with a sponge, but after doing the whole thing I realised that was a mistake and have had to go back to do the edge highlighting process. At this point the hull is mostly finished. The left side, centre and half of the right side are all highlighted. I need to finish off the highlighting on the right hand side and the engine. The demolisher cannon, sandbags, heavy bolter turret, tracks and a few other details are all finished too. The areas painted black on the left all need painting, then the stowage, weapons and fuel drums on the right need blacking out and painting. I'm unsure what colour to do the fuel drums at the moment - I might just leave them black. After that I'll highlight the turret and paint all the details onto that and paint the engine shrine and exhausts. That should all be done over the next three days, leaving me all of Saturday to do whatever I feel like for weathering (at this point, it will probably just be re-doing the sponge chipping). If all goes according to plan I've got plenty of time on Saturday to mess about with photos and get some good ones. If it doesn't go to plan, well, that's why I've left plenty of time on Saturday smile.png.

I really hope so. To be honest, it all hinges on the Mechanicus at this point. We really need them to pull out a stunning reversal - a good 20-30% more from them and we'd be in a very strong position.

Baneblade is looking good hobbit keep going!

I'm sure the ad mech slow down is due to them running a software update, once they're using 2.1, soyabean, jellystone or whatever the completions will roll in! Keep the faith.

In other news finished vow, light is pants now, will take pics to do the models justice tomorrow.

Blacking out can take a while and be tedious, but the tank is looking fantastic already so it can only get better :tu: Great colours and camo stripes keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the finished article :D

Don't forget, a good quality picture isn't required for completion so you can worry about decent pictures after the deadline if you start cutting it fine :P

Blacking out can take a while and be tedious, but the tank is looking fantastic already so it can only get better :tu: Great colours and camo stripes keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the finished article :D

Don't forget, a good quality picture isn't required for completion so you can worry about decent pictures after the deadline if you start cutting it fine :P

Noted, but still need to run every trick in the book to make these minis look good, when surrounded by all this awesome

I look at some of the stuff the rest of the fine folks have done, and I pray that my work will look even an iota as good... But let's keep up the pressure, and flow the positive energies (or whatever new agey crap think will work) to those that still have vows outstanding. For you should know what awaits failure... The Platoon Sgt will smoke (Intensive Physical Training) the hell out of you, to insure that you will be stronger, that is if the Commissar doesn't get his way first...

Sweet vindication...

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/librisrouge/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/134f29e4-d122-4737-891f-d3c5ee980708_zpso2krp9sr.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/librisrouge/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/da77f6e3-eb82-42c0-b03d-1c4c4413c78c_zpssrvmoc0g.jpghttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/librisrouge/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/d81d6bd8-7f40-4c25-907b-9a54c61b4f6f_zpsnmiiof5q.jpghttp://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/librisrouge/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-07/7f1664c9-da82-44c5-8d57-9e2a5c784405_zpsmgbbnpbh.jpg

I know that to many of you, well artistic, individuals, these soldiers look under done...but they are :) They'll get me the paint point at local tournaments and let me enroll at farther away ones. Good times. Now I only have five chimeras and a sentinel to go but I'm not going to make them a vow because I'm not suicidal.

I am considering giving them another wash though, they didn't come out quite as dark as I wanted, except on the boots where the wash settled. Either that or I'll move on. 45 infantry in a couple of months. Not too bad. Pardon me while I pat myself on the back and do a victory lap.

Keep it up lads n lasses this is the final push over the tops to a historic finish. ;)

Whatever happens we will be able to hold our heads high knowing when the question was asked ... We answered the call.

Those who didn't answer the call will not be able to raise their heads, because the commissariat will have something else in mind for their skulls... ;) Failure is never an option! :P

Well done on your completion libris, if you've feel you did a good job on them and are happy that's the main thing :) You can always return to them to spruce them up later once you've developed your skills and picked up some new tricks :tu: You should give us some more individual shots though so we can see the extra bits and conversions you've done.

I've been thinking about our faction's participation within ETL. I think next year, we need something more centralised. One of the great strengths of the Realm of Chaos and other forums is they have one ETL thread. No matter what Codex they pick from, which Chapter they play or which part of the Heresy they are painting for, they are unified and able to inspire each other.

We, on the other hand, are spread across five different threads on five different boards, making any kind of combined effort impossible. I'm sure that I don't just speak for myself when I say that this thread has been a massive inspiration. The other threads for Forces of the Imperium, not so much. While WarriorFish and a few other members have been cross-posting on the different forums to try and keep the morale high, I don't think that is enough. The majority of the FOI members are unlikely to look through this topic and see the mass completions of the Guard. I reckon if we had a joint topic for all FOI members that would change, they would see how strong the Guard has been all the way through this event and it would help motivate them. It's safe to say if the other factions had matched us for completions then we'd be neck and neck with Chaos.

What do you guys think?

Maybe it would work, you could bring it up with Semper after the ETL is over though it begs the question where should such a topic be hosted. I'm not sure it'd help much though as we're still separate entities each with a unique codex and approach so trying to mix that may detract from the effort instead.

Sometimes you're the underdog and there's nothing you can do about it, but everyone loves it when the underdog wins right? msn-wink.gif I want to see the Guard with the best completion rate, then we can also say we did all that was possible for IFOR too.

Finish or die trying there is no middle ground here - I want to see completion posts or obituaries from your family members about your glorious death in the line of duty! FOR THE EMPEROR!

I think individual ones are best, to keep the distinct identity of each faction. However, a unified one in addition could work to keep everyone updated on how the Guard are pulling most of the weight each faction is doing.

Archived