+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Cod and Toxic, I know you'll pull it off, I have faith in you. Lets get this done, and show the Might of the Guard!

I'm done, although I'm not completing my vow yet because I've got a few hours tomorrow so I'm going to do a bit more work on things that I'm not happy with yet. Then photos and vow complete :).

RoughRiders

Completed Vow!!!  These guys were an absolute pain, fun, but a pain.  Mistakes were made, paint was left open, blood was spilled.... the Chaos Gods would be happy.  Still, 88 points of rough riders and my second vow are done!

Vow completed

Guardsmen, it was an honour to have served with you. We may not have had the larger resources of our foes, but pound for pound we held our own and the Imperium was not let down by us!

Well done guys, the forum has a very high completon rate and should be rightly proud. Not even thinking about where we place... maybe I'm just tired... or maybe just pleased there are completed miniatures on my desk awaiting deployment happy.png

Huzzah! All we need is toxic to get that baneblade in and we're sitting pretty!

Better get the bolt shell ready, I'm not going to make it. My fingers have all dropped off due to Catachan Digit Rot and my eyes flew away after a nasty case of Warp Eye-Posession (we're trying to catch them with a butterfly net). That's enough of an excuse for failing, right .... right?

Pictures of the completed Baneblade shall be up in an hour or so biggrin.png.

The commissariat is not amused. Partly for the joke, but mostly because it wasn't a very good one :P Don't make me use this...

gallery_30308_9518_12943.png

Looks like the Guard has gone above and beyond the call of duty once more with this completion. Well done everyone! I wish I could say the same for some of our allies but those that took up the paint brush did so gallantly and produced quite a few good vows. All that remains is to see what the percentages are, since the GK pulled their collective fingers out and have a low participation rate they might have beaten us to the punch but we shall see!

I'm worrying about percentages while resting my eyes. Sounds like an excuse, but it's really good to take a 5 minute break every hour to give your eyes a rest from staring intently at very small things.

Anyway, I see the Lord Commissar's trigger finger getting twitchy and I don't really have time to do anymore painting today, so here's a finished Baneblade, complete with Honoured Sergeant Semper manning the heavy stubber (it's tradition I do a blondy in every set of vows to honour the good Captain's hard work).

Vow Complete smile.png.

gallery_61651_10755_68766.jpg

That said, ETL could go on for another month and I could keep finding more to do on this model, so even though it's finished for ETL, I'm going to start a WIP and carry on experimenting with different weathering techniques. Plus better photos. I've got plans for some cool little details I want to take close ups of.

Huzzah! Well done Toxic, you can keep the bolt shell as a memento msn-wink.gif Excellent stuff, what a way for us to finish ETL IV biggrin.png The colours are really nice, muted and weathered well. I really like the darker metal colour you've got going, another good colour use thumbsup.gif

I'm glad we're all done as I won't be about for the final count down, so now I can rest easy knowing that all that could be done was smile.png Well done comrades I don't know what the exact numbers are compared to previously but it very much feels like our best ETL yet. The quality of work has been exemplary and some heroic effort has gone in to getting models built and painted in time. It's been an honour to participate with such a noble band of brothers - now it is a matter of waiting for the results to come in. Fingers crossed we nab that highest completion ratio! thumbsup.gif

Until we get the numbers I hereby give you permission to take some leave. Enjoy some R&R and raise a glass to the brave comrades who didn't make it. Normal duties will return without delay once we have the debriefing. Dismissed!

That's a good answer :). It's going to happen one ETL though, eventually. Every time I do a last minute vow I'm worried that I'll finish, take the photos, come to post them only to find the net has gone down. It's going to get me one day, I know it is! Probably after I've had a great year, done a couple of thousand points and I'm reporting completion of my fifth vow.

I think I need to come up with an ETL Contingency Plan for ISP shenanigans.

Archived