+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Astra Militarum Strategium+++

Colonel Ulfric was busy in his field office filing the mountains of paperwork that had accumulated on his desk while he was on patrol. Just then a lone private entered. "Sir message from Lord Semper." the private announced as he handed the message to Ulfric. The Colonel read the note with haste. "The ETL" he thought. He had heard of the famed war games while he was new to his commission and had been eagerly waiting to compete himself. But with his unit stuck in fighting the blasted Orks, he could hardly spare any hands, let alone go off on a holiday to attend himself. He thought long and hard of who to send in his stead. The TankerBelles were due to recieve a new tanker in a Leman Russ Demolisher, with a hull mounted lascannon. "Tell him I shall pledge one Leman russ Demolisher," he started "And how are the Tech adepts comming along on our Shadowsword?" he asked. "Last transmission reported they were installing the hull heavy bolters and a Hunter Killer Missile. Followed by a new paint job and she's ready for us." the private answered. "Good tell him we pledge her as well for the Glory of the Joutinheim 798th, and should we fail we shall wear the badge of the dreaded oathbreaker till years end.

ShadowSword w/1xset sponsons, hunter killer missile, hull heavy bolters = 525pts
Leman Russ Demolisher w/hull las cannon, extra armor = 190pts
total = 715pts

(Come now Commissar, I may admire the Ad-Mech, but my Heart of Hearts shall always be with the Hammer Of the Emperor.) LOLtongue.png

WIP photo:

IMG 3338

Gunier

IMG 3340

IMG 3347

Sgt Vralka was eager to start earning her unit and her tank much deserved honor. She reviewed her orders as she coordinated the delivery of the Joutinheim 798th's new Shadowsword Gunier and her Leman Russ Demolisher Beowulf. Once the cargo crews had finished unloading her charges, she lead her team to the ETL staging area. After a short jaunty ride through the countryside, she was halted at the gate of the massive fortress where the ETL was taking place. "Your papers Sargent?" asked the guard. Vralka produced her orders and the guard authenticated them after seeing the seal of Lord Semper. "Right, everything is in order Sargent. Please report to the Motor Pool Officer to add your force the roster, then make your way to the Quartermaster for your crew's assigned dormitories." the guard ordered. Sgt Vralka saluted in acknowledgment and ordered her driver forward.

I hereby declare this Vow COMPLETE

Out of likes already...

The AdMech can have their moment in the sun, they deserve that much. Only fools would believe this is all the Guard can muster though. There are many who make such a mistake - it is always their last!

Identify your vow. Concentrate your effort on it to the exclusion of all else. When it is completed choose another vow. That is the way to secure victory! - Tactica WarriorFish

I understand that the Ad Mech have been throwing down Titans though, so they've got the even bigger toys to bump up the points. :P

Not to mention a shiny, new pair of Codices. They may be the new hotness, but we Guard are veterans of a long fight, and I'm sure our forces will keep up the relentless pace of His armies!

Remember your duty and see to it that you complete them!

I noticed that Captain Semper didn't put me on the vow list and he had a good reason not to, because I didn't provide him with enough details and a starting picture. I have now fixed this in my initial post (post six on page one). So as soon as the good Captain approves my vow I'll start ordering some paints that I'll be using.

@ CommissarZac: Run out of likes mate! :lol: Good luck with your vow! 

@ Sviar: You are now fully updated brother! :)

And the Guard marches on!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Flint&Steel, rise tot the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUXand vow to complete 3 ratlings from the appropriate codex for the total value of 30 points on or before August 1st 2015. Sucess is certain, failure isnt an option, etc. etc. :)

I'll start small, to get the paintjuices flowing.

'Before' picture will follow soon in this post.

btw:

I dont seem to be able to post a link or quote a post, is that normal nowadays..?

Cheers,

@ Wulfgar76: Sorry mate - fixed now! Good luck with this behemoth!

@ Flint&Steel: When I read the vow I said to myself: three Ratlings? This cannot be legal... Went and checked and it turns out it's totally legal! laugh.png Good luck mate! Oh, and I have no problem with images - copy the image link and edit it using the image tool from your B&C editor toolbar (the small blue-ish rectangular).

Keep going Guard, your guns may never tire but your rivals also never tire!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Morning 

Im making good progress on Yarrick

Ive decided to go old school on the gold as it looked good against the white.

Still loads of blending and highlighting to do but the basic block colour is done

This should be finished tonight and then its a choice of 6x scions (fiddly and lots of detail) or Valkerie (big and Im doing the interior too)

I'll move the rest of the updates over to my scion thread so Im not spamming this one 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303832-small-ig-and-scion-force/page-2

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/rbrewster101/IMG_4192_zpsqraugcji.jpg

I'm considering changing my second vow from a bells and whistles Company Command to a Baneblade. I feel left out, everyone else has a super heavy. Also, I just ordered one of the new Knights. Maybe third vow will be a walker biggrin.png.

Yes, you should join in the SH fun! With my Ratling vow and wait on magnets I'll be delayed in my start so the race is still very much winnable by all smile.png

I'll be working on my ETL stuff today, I hear white spirit and glue fumes are great for hangovers.

So comrades, what are you doing for the barracks today? msn-wink.giftongue.png

An addition to Guard, yes! :P

For those gloriously competing for the honour of the Guard in the ETL there is one more way you can pledge yourself to a cause - that of the oft-unsung DIYer! The Liber is trying to record all Liber/DIY contributions to the ETL as they can not directly take part so here is their chance to raise the banner of the custom and unique army.

If you have your own creation being painted up as I know many of us do then please consider giving them a visit for each vow you make and letting them know. Don't forget to report back on completions too, the 144th Arukan has made their mark already :)

Very nice work UltraRich. And quick too thumbsup.gif

Also looking forward to seeing the Priest our_baz.

I will be putting the start of the desert stripes onto the Hellhammer tomorrow then I will just have to see how I progress. I hope that most of it will be done by the 14th May as I have a weeks break away from the painting table afterwards which may even allow the Lord Commissars magnets time to turn up ;)

Perhaps sooner than you think! I'm sorting some of my Shadowsword out now as I can still do bits with the magnets I have:

gallery_30308_10714_16518.jpg

It's a little different to the tutorial as it doesn't have the Baneblade parts but it just meant I could save some magnets which helps. I should be able to start painting the Ratlings tomorrow too, so expect a progress report on them smile.png

Very quiet on the forum at the moment which leads this Commissar to believe that the troops are hard at work, assembling and painting reinforcements for The God Emperor of Mankind and the Imperial Guard.

Carry on. ;)

A peaceful barracks is a good barracks! I have been busy too, the Ratlings are taking longer than I had hoped to get down to a suitable level but on the positive side I made far more progress than I thought with the Shadowsword. Aside from minor bits that aren't required for a Shadowsword it's ready for priming - damn magnet delays have cost me precious time! Here's a dry run, as you can see all but done:

gallery_30308_10714_2879.jpg

Always a pleasure to build such a nice kit and it lends itself so well to magnetising too, and made all the easier thanks to elmo's excellent tutorial :tu:

WIP shots of the Baneblade. I still need to come up with a suitable name for it.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1058.jpg

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt103/crouching_lictor/DSCF1059.jpg

Just when I thought I had the chance to catch up in the race! :lol: Good work Wulfgar and quick too, just what we need to see :) As for names perhaps a suitably grand name will come to you as you paint it? Or maybe you can wait to see if it earns one in battle?

Archived