Thousand Eyes models: 1K Sons, Knights and Iron Warriors

• 2 months later...

I'm not dead but I have been working on getting my Thousand Sons up to 2000 points for 8th edition. I mean I can easily field 2000 points painted but it wouldn't be a great list.

As such I have added some new threads:

http://steppingbetweengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/IMG_20170831_232708.jpg

Those classic preds take me back. I like the converted Vindi as well. :thumbsup:

No actually a vindicator, just a Rhino with a bigger engine. Essentially the classic Rhinos look so small I wanted to find a way to make it look bigger. With a previous one I had extended the cab but I wanted to try something different for this one. So I imagined the Warpsmith ripped out some of the internals and slapped them on the front with some armour plating.

• 1 month later...

I got my Scorpion Defiler finished. Complete with random arcane markings, which I feel keep the demon trapped inside.

http://steppingbetweengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_20170821_221557.jpg

So all the bronze trim got some shading and minor highlighting. The tentacle scourges got some red wash and some gold over the dirty bronze to brighten the tops a little.

http://steppingbetweengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_20170821_221613.jpg

There is a magic symbol on each of the legs and the tail, some of which were taken from alchemy symbols. I did a fairly dark green as the rough outline, followed by a bright green and white on top.

http://steppingbetweengames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/IMG_20170821_221646.jpg

Nice! Any chance you'd be willing to share the instructions you used to build such a brutal-looking beast, please?

Sure. This defiler was a rescue and as such as already fully built... and red.

1. First I cut off both side weapons and the head off the turret.
  2. I built the scorpion tail off a spare defiler leg and attached the reaper autocannon up there, it has a magnet to hold it on for ease of transport.
  3. Then the turret section got moved forward and down onto the front of the piece.
  4. I added some extra pipes from plastic card to make the back look more secure and some additional resin bast cut offs to make it look more solid.
  5. Originally I tried to magnetise the tendrils (from a maulerfiend) but it didn't work out and they were glued into the holes left by the removal of the weapons.
  6. The searchlight eye is from the old Russ kit, might be on the new one as well. Not sure.

Think that covers most everything. There are some WIP photos on the site which might help as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And he has all the dakka! He looks off to a great start and I am trying to figure out what you have on his base. Did you green stuff a dread? I thnk I can make out an arm with an autocannon.

Also, seeing those dice make me wonder why I haven't picked up some D10's for wound trackers.

And he has all the dakka! He looks off to a great start and I am trying to figure out what you have on his base. Did you green stuff a dread? I thnk I can make out an arm with an autocannon.

Also, seeing those dice make me wonder why I haven't picked up some D10's for wound trackers.

Cheers. Those dice are actually form the D&D game I was playing over the net with friends while I put him together.

The dread on the base is a 3D print of a destroyed dread, face down. Here have a pic:

RFn8MGsH1t1zChccJheswodnSBeLfr6LEyOmCMqN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...