++Daemon Forge IV: Helbrutes++

gallery_29004_10383_45044.jpg

Welcome to - Daemon Forge -

- Daemon Forge - is aimed as a hobby challenge. Each month will see a set theme for Chaos. This will range from a set unit type, single models, object marker & set themes. The aim is pretty simple. It's all about seeing cool models for Chaos and please if you have any suggestion feel free to post those ideas.

For the fourth - Daemon Forge - hobby challenge topic, this month challenge will be - Helbrutes -

To take part it simple.

Adding

- For people who've been mean to add a Helbrute to there Chaos warbands or maybe just a one off model that you want to try converting or painting skills on. Now a great time to build the helbrute & have the model all finish with in the month.

Or already got a Helbrute

- If you already have a Helbrute in your warband or collection. Feel free to post photos of the model in this topic.

But most of all make sure the models are painted :biggrin.:

This can ether be single Helbrute, formation +Helbrute w/cultist, Mayhem formation or 5x Helbrute formation+, Helbrute from Armour 13: Lost & the Damned or Contemptors Dreadnoughts.

Start date: 1st May
Finish date: 31st May

For members who take part. We have these honour banners that you can add to your signature within the forum guidelines or on your "about me" page.

Banner for your "about me" part for your profile. Please do not use this on your signature unless it will be the only image (including one row of numbered squares).
gallery_29004_10383_498.jpg

Sig banner
gallery_29004_9303_25058.jpg

- Daemon Forge - theme. Helbrute
gallery_29004_10514_658.jpg

Should look like this
gallery_29004_10383_948.jpggallery_29004_10514_2952.jpggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_658.jpggallery_29004_9303_1486.jpggallery_29004_9303_3141.jpg

A marker memeber can use for - Daemon Forge - that they may have miss out on

gallery_29004_10514_2890.jpg

Exsample

gallery_29004_10383_948.jpggallery_29004_10514_2890.jpggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_658.jpggallery_29004_10514_2890.jpg

Thanks

Insane Psychopath

I vowed my third Helbrute model to the ETL so I'd have something for this too, but at the back of my mind I have an idea for a Daemonic Dreadknight conversion, if I can get the model assembled and painted in the 2 - 3 days at the end of the month after payday

These were painted last year and have seen plenty of action since then. 

Several pict-feeds of the Castigators Mayhem Pack, codified 'The Violet Marches' were taken during the Golan Atrocity of 603.M39, where the entire population was rendered down for use as a stimulant.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/Castigator/h1.jpg

Inquisitorial forces arrived too late to save a single soul. Pict-feeds showing the assailants were confiscated by the Inquisition, much to the annoyance of the Imperial Fists who lost half a company stationed on the planet.

Those with Inquisitorial clearance can see more images here:

http://castigatorschaos.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-colours-of-chaos-mayhem-for_7.html

Hey, seems this edition of Daemon Forge is finally for me again :) - too bad I missed out on the one for the sorcerer. So I'd like to enter my Mayhem Pack. They are still waiting for their chance to wreck havoc in battle, as two dreads were only recently finished during Augustus's Arena. They are finished as they are, but I want to add some more weapon options to them (all arms are magnetized). So I will paint up another Multi Melta, a Plasma Cannon and two more magnetized heavy flamers (one is already finished).

Left to right: Honorable Battlebrother Krosos, Siegemaster Graxus, Honorable Battlebrother Gladius

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Therrous/Augustus%20Arena/20150419_230457.jpg

Krosos and Gladius are the new ones, as Graxus was done during last years ETL. Unfortunately the heads of both Krosos and Gladius were damaged during shipping (stupid FW plastic bags). With Krosos it can hardly be seen now after painting, but Gladius also had an airbubble right under the left eye-socket, and the only thing I could do, was cut the visor symmetrically on both sides. Besides the weapon options I plan to add trophy racks to them, as earned in upcoming battles. I'm really looking forward to fielding the guys :)

Hmm, I guess it would be remiss of me not to add my own Mayhem Pack to the pile:

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/4/2/599698-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dark%20Vengeance%2C%20Dreadnought%2C%20Helbrute.JPG

Ancients of the World Eaters' 4th assault company, from left to right: Brother Marax the Fallen, Brother Khorlen the Lost and Brother Khoron the Undying.

And I actually have another Helbrute that was completed more recently: Brother Damokk the Breacher.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/1/5/675965-Assault%20On%20Black%20Reach%2C%20Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Dreadnought.JPG

All of these are World Eaters, of course, so take it as me overcompensating for the fact that I missed the Khorne-themed Daemon Forge ;)

All looking really great so far :D

I'm going to get some photos hopeful tomorrow for my Helbrute.  Just right now trying to stop a headache happen (as said before I don't re-act well heat & hot weather, this case heat).

Not sure what Helbrute to post.  I have my Forge World Dreadnought I painted 2012.  I've got Warpsmith theme Dreadnought.  There Helbrute formation.  Then there classic metal Dreadnought who been part my Iron Warriors force since the start in 2001.

Some nice entries already! I just finished my own helbrute, a Sonic Dreadnought, blastmaster configuration from IA:13.
I still haven't finished my model from the Chaos Champion daemon forge a few weeks back :blush.: I hope this makes up for it until then.

gallery_81490_10033_180212.jpggallery_81490_10033_174650.jpg

@Castigator, KrautScientist and IronSkullMask: Those are all some consistently awesome dreadnoughts, big fan of them all. Supports my wish to get more helbrutes and dreadnoughts into the ranks of my cult warband.

@Adra'Melek: I'm sure they are and holy dreadballs he'd look awesome dueling it out with one of the GK's big dreadknights! :thumbsup:

Well as I don't think I'll get my Dreadknight idea done in time, let me present The Quintos's Mayhem Pack. They're all conversions based on the Dark Vengance Helbrute as I wanted to see how much I could differentiate the same model whilst preserving army contiunity

Helbrute Mayhem Pack 1

Helbrute Mayhem Pack 2

Love the Sonic Dread Slaanbull, it looks totally manic!

Hope you don't mind the suggestion, but I would paint the hooves in the traditional bone colour, It looks like it's wearing Docs (Dr Martin boots) at the moment ;)

Argh, thank you. Now I can't unsee that.. ;) I was planning on doing something else with it, but ran with the dark to try and see if I could successfully highlight it. Not sure if I nailed it though, so might go back and redo it some time. Thanks for the compliment. :)

Well as I don't think I'll get my Dreadknight idea done in time, let me present The Quintos's Mayhem Pack. They're all conversions based on the Dark Vengance Helbrute as I wanted to see how much I could differentiate the same model whilst preserving army contiunity

Another trio! Awesome, really. I like the repositioning on the lascannon(?) wielding one's arm, looks good.

How do they fare on the table? I need some more helbrutes to try out the Mayhem pack.

Edited by Slaanbull

The repostioned arm is technically still a multimelta with gargoyle heads attached but could stand for twinlinked lascannon if I was using him for my Daemonkin force.

I'm hoping to test out the mayhem pack in the next couple of weeks, have a list currently up in the army list forums I'm trying to finalise.

Wow, now I have plenty of ideas for Helbrute conversions. *eyes up Word Bearer dreads and reaches for the snips and knife*  Sorry lads, but Slaanesh thirsts... 

These were painted last year and have seen plenty of action since then. 

Several pict-feeds of the Castigators Mayhem Pack, codified 'The Violet Marches' were taken during the Golan Atrocity of 603.M39, where the entire population was rendered down for use as a stimulant.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/Castigator/h1.jpg

Inquisitorial forces arrived too late to save a single soul. Pict-feeds showing the assailants were confiscated by the Inquisition, much to the annoyance of the Imperial Fists who lost half a company stationed on the planet.

Those with Inquisitorial clearance can see more images here:

http://castigatorschaos.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-colours-of-chaos-mayhem-for_7.html

wow... just wow

11201852_876538325738859_153531290126917

I'm seriously considering throwing these into my next ETL vow and give them a complete overhaul, should have enough bits that have been hacked up the past few years to rebuild two more Dark Vengeance 'brutes as well.. Is ten a bit too much to knock out in one go??? 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I'll get him finished by the end of May, but it's worth a try! Here's my first Helbrute addition to my Khorne Daemonkin:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8771/17230359563_be192d69d2_d.jpg

Commentary etc in the project log: [url=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302073-lords-of-blood-angrons-forces

All looking cool.  Just over a week until this Daemon Forge finish.  I have a few idea for the next one, but though I'd also ask what would you lot like to see in future Daemon Forge?

Rememeber this can be

- Unit type eg:  Chaos Space Marines

- Single models eg:  Sorcerer or single spure Chaos Champion

- Themes eg: Khorne theme we had last time

- Also rememeber this can go on to:  Object marker or terrain like defence lines or void shield.

Remeber it not just Chaos Marines, but anyone who collect say Daemons or Chaos Guards.  I'm also going to try get a Daemon Forge showcase up & running soon for Dark Mechanicus for memeber post any cool models they've converted or seen, like we have for Knights.

I'd like to see a Chaos Tank option, it'd open up participation to the R&H forums

Yes, could do big guns never tier theme :D  This way cover Daemons (Soul Grinder), Chaos Guards, Chaos Marines.  There lot chose from Armour 13: Lost & the Damned as well for our armies.

Awhat would you lot like to see in future Daemon Forge?

- Mutilators

- Warp Talon Champion

- Chaos Tank (inspired by above)

- Renegade Guardsman

- Renegade Ad Mech / Dark Mechanicus

- Chaos Steed (jugger, steed, disc, palanquin + rider)

- Daemon Weapons

- Trophy Racks / Trophies on bases

I can't enter the Hellbrute month, but if the next one is listed early June then I can maybe get some photos taken :)

Awhat would you lot like to see in future Daemon Forge?

- Mutilators

- Warp Talon Champion

- Chaos Tank (inspired by above)

- Renegade Guardsman

- Renegade Ad Mech / Dark Mechanicus

- Chaos Steed (jugger, steed, disc, palanquin + rider)

- Daemon Weapons

- Trophy Racks / Trophies on bases

I can't enter the Hellbrute month, but if the next one is listed early June then I can maybe get some photos taken :smile.:

Cool & thanks.  Hopeful if memeber have miss out on one, there will be other theme in the future to get those models painted.  So tank one allow Dreadnought as well, just overall theme would be on armour value models.

Trophy a good cool there, with the recent talk of how model veteran of the long war.  Look cool suggestion there.

Mechanicus I'll start a general seprate type Daemon forge as a show case for that, like I done for Knights.  This way, that topic can be on going & just amount of Mechanicus we are seen, with second codex due for release this weekend & incase there any more in the future.

But we can also have a Daemon Force theme (like these once), as usely for one off models, unit or start new army, etc...  Be pretty cool as we see in Talos Warband that the have a lone Tech priest of the Dark Mechanicus.  Then Dead Sky Black Sun see a whole host of them under Warsmith Honsou command.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Should hopeful have the next Daemon Forge annouce during weekend give memeber bit advance notice before this one finish.