Knight army and FOC?

Atia

Howdy!

Little question ...

are we allowed to use the "normal" AoD FOC for a Knights army, or is the "Knights Detachment" (with "only" 14 Knights) the only legal option? 

greetings,

Atia

Yes you can use the alternative FoC's.

However, per the LACAL

"The use of these alternative Force Organization Charts is strictly optional when not included as part of a particular mission and should always be agreed upon by both sides before their use."

So, no. Don't try rolling up with just a Reaver and a pair of Knights at 2K.

Note that you don't get Knight Households rule for normal FoC's.

well, my problem (ok, it's only a problem when i have managed to paint that much knights ...) is, that i want to have more than 14 knights in my army (as i want to stick with the old epic formation - 3 paladins, 3 errants, 3 crusaders, 3 cerastus knights, 3 warden, 1 megeara and 1 gallant) :/ (and as i may do House Vyronii, these would still be a "Knights only army", without my bad heretic Titans :P). 

"The use of these alternative Force Organization Charts is strictly optional when not included as part of a particular mission and should always be agreed upon by both sides before their use."

well, i would just use the "normal" AoD organization chart :p

you can do that with the Taghmata list, as Knights are LoW, so you could take one Reaver and 2 Knights with one of the optional charts (but as i said, my Titans are going to use the Skitarii/Cybernetica as support, no Knights)

Thing is, the Knights in book 4 arent arranged in the usual HQ/Troops/Elites/HS/FA; they're all "Knights" and only gain an FoC Slot when purchasing a Knight Rank using their own FoC or the Allied Detachment FoC and is explicitly stated to not be used in conjunction with other detachment types or Unbound. pg.294 Conquest under 'Note:'

Thing is, the Knights in book 4 arent arranged in the usual HQ/Troops/Elites/HS/FA; they're all "Knights" and only gain an FoC Slot when purchasing a Knight Rank using their own FoC or the Allied Detachment FoC and is explicitly stated to not be used in conjunction with other detachment types or Unbound. pg.294 Conquest under 'Note:'

can you quote that slips? 'cause i only find that:

"This detachment type is a unique type of core Detachment for use in BotAoD games. It is only for use with the Questoris Knight Crusade army list and may not be used with other army types"

oc i'm not a native speaker, but this line is just for the Detachment, not for the "The Questoris Knight Crusade Army List" per se, so i read it that you can take it only with the QKCAL, not with other army types, in order to give you a prime detachment with "just" two compulsory choices instead of 3. But i can't find a quote were it says: "This is the only way to use the Questoris Knight Crusade Army List" or similiar >.<

... i guess is should email forgeworld :<

well, my problem (ok, it's only a problem when i have managed to paint that much knights ...) is, that i want to have more than 14 knights in my army (as i want to stick with the old epic formation - 3 paladins, 3 errants, 3 crusaders, 3 cerastus knights, 3 warden, 1 megeara and 1 gallant) :/ (and as i may do House Vyronii, these would still be a "Knights only army", without my bad heretic Titans tongue.png).

well, i would just use the "normal" AoD organization chart tongue.png

you can do that with the Taghmata list, as Knights are LoW, so you could take one Reaver and 2 Knights with one of the optional charts (but as i said, my Titans are going to use the Skitarii/Cybernetica as support, no Knights)

True, but it makes no difference that you need to double check with your opponent per the rules.

And as I briefly mentioned and Slips expanded on Knights Households are a special rule that is only available to the Knight FoC (as in, the FoC gives the special rule "Household rank"), and you can only take Knights as "troops" with the Household rank rule allowing you to take them as Scion Martial or Aspirant.

Page 295

"The Household Rank special rule is only in effect when using a force selected from the Questoris Knight Crusade Army Force Organisation Chart as your core detachment or as Age of Darkness allied detachment only. It should not be used in conjunction with other detachment types or Unbound armies".

Your problem with the whole formation is that the Age of Darkness is stuck in the stupid, ugly hackjob that was the 6th edition rules and Book IV not updating to the 7th edition baseline.

If after Book V; Tempest drops there are still no rules for the 7th edition gaming, I'll then publish the rules that my gaming group has come up with to play Age of Darkness battles with.

Archived