Lucio's ETL IV Progress

Lucio

My initial vow was for the following

Daemon Prince of Khorne
Helbrute
2 x Heldrake

ETL IV - VOW 1 - GROUP SHOT - BEFORE 1

First model has been complete! 3 more left for my first vow to be completed smile.png

As a quick question are the photos better with or without flash?

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Helbrute After 1

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Helbrute After 2

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Helbrute After 3

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Helbrute After 4

Ok, so the first Heldrake is underway but I'm short of ideas on the colours, are the bones flesh or brass? Is the skin pale and decayed, or is it heathly and strong like my Helbrute, how many types of metal are on the Heldrake?

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Heldrake During 1

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Heldrake During 1

I would go flesh on the bones and add a second metallic color. It's more complicated, but adds a good amount of contrast to break up all the red.

Well my third model is done! The Daemon Prince was a tougher model for me to complete, as it's hard to tell where the Power Armour torso should end, and the skin begins so I settled for blending it in, as if the flesh and ceramite became one.

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Daemon Prince After 1

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Daemon Prince After 2

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Daemon Prince After 3

• 1 month later...

Finally got the motivation to get the damnable thing finished! I probably will do something about turning the flying stem into a desert tree but for now, it's done which completes my first vow.

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Heldrake 2 - After 1

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Heldrake 2 - After 2

ETL IV - Vow 1 - Heldrake 2 - After 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well getting through Vow 2 at the moment, the Land Raider was a quick win, taking less than 3 hours work but the Knight of Skulls is proving to be a fun challenge!

Land Raider - Done!

ETL IV - Vow 2 - Land Raider - After 1

Knight of Skulls - During

ETL IV - Knight of Skulls - During 1

ETL vows are looking really cool  Lucio.  With the Knight of Skulls, do you think you'll try out the new Daemonic Walker (Lord of Skulls on legs) when Forge World bring out rule for that?

Any plans on units you'd like to add in the future?

Definitely trying out the new rules when they get released, and it'll also be used as an "Imperial" Knight model to go alongside my eventual Dark Mechanicus army using that awesome formation.

I'll likely have time for one more ETL IV vow, which will hopefully be my Gorepack, 10 Bikers and 10 Flesh Hounds

Archived