Slips

I'm going to endeavor to make this a reality. Its going to take a while but, hell, why not try?

A lot more expensive points-wise than I initially thought LOL

+++ Salamander (4990pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (4990pts) ++

+ HQ (490pts) +

Cassian Dracos (275pts)

Lord Chaplain Nomus Rhy'tan (215pts)
····Master of the Legion [The Covenant of Fire]

+ Troops (1105pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (175pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Pyroclast Squad (580pts) [Melta Bombs, 9x Pyroclast]
····Land Raider Proteus [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Multi-melta]
····Pyroclast Warden [Artificer Weapons, Power Fist]

+ Elites (2475pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (630pts) ArtilleryNaughts
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (645pts) TankBusterNaughts
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Melta Gun]
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Melta Gun]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (585pts) TroopNaughts
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Flamer, Volkite Culverin]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (615pts) HeavyTroopNaughts
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Plasma Blaster, Plasma Cannon]

+ Fast Attack (260pts) +

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (260pts) [6x Space Marine Sky Hunters, 2x Volkite Culverin, 4x Heavy Flamers]

+ Heavy Support (660pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XVIII: Salamanders]

I decided to specialize the Dreadnoughts. Their Loadouts are by no means final (I was going to take an HQ Dread Talon but they weren't Contemptors. Pass!) But I thought giving them clear roles would be a good idea even though, with the amount of Contemptors on the field, I could field almost 1 of everything if I so desired.

Heavy Flamers on the Deredeos are there more as deterrent than anything. On the bikes? Rule of Cool!

Sure, Covenant of Fire's buff to vehicles (5++ vs Melta, Flamer, Volkite, Plasma and Melta Bombs) is kinda redundant since all the Dreads already have a 5/6++ but, hey, it might come into play, right? tongue.png

Cassian Dracos, for his points cost, is pretty Baller. Being Immune to Melta, Armorbane, Sunder Lance and anything else that Reduce (permanently or otherwise) his AV Value or roll an extra dice on Armor Pens (Ordnance) is pretty silly-good especially on an AV 14 Dreadnought.

You will need rhinos for those tacticals ;)

Will have to find somewhere to strip 105ish points for them. Though yeah, they are surprisingly resilient :p so might be worth it.

You will need rhinos for those tacticals msn-wink.gif

Will have to find somewhere to strip 105ish points for them. Though yeah, they are surprisingly resilient tongue.png so might be worth it.

95 points - you're at 4990, so have 10 points of wiggle. Oh, and WOOF! Me likey!

1st Revision with some help from friends.

+++ Salamander (5000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (5000pts) ++

+ HQ (490pts) +

Cassian Dracos (275pts)

Lord Chaplain Nomus Rhy'tan (215pts)
····Master of the Legion [The Covenant of Fire]

+ Troops (1210pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (210pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Legion Tactical Squad (210pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines]

Pyroclast Squad (580pts) [Melta Bombs, 9x Pyroclast]
····Land Raider Proteus [Armoured Ceramite, Auxiliary Drive, Multi-melta]
····Pyroclast Warden [Artificer Weapons, Power Fist]

+ Elites (2495pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (635pts)
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer, Plasma Cannon]
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Heavy Conversion Beamer, Plasma Cannon]
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Plasma Cannon, Plasma Cannon]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (660pts)
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Plasma Blaster]
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Plasma Blaster]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (585pts)

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (615pts)
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]

+ Fast Attack (145pts) +

Legion Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron (145pts) [3x Space Marine Sky Hunters, Volkite Culverin, 2x Heavy Flamer]

+ Heavy Support (660pts) +

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XVIII: Salamanders]

Created with BattleScribe

Wait a minute... you mean to tell me, that YOU have a 5000 point list and you ain't got a Primarch or a super-heavy tank in there? O c'mon maaan! You gotta have either one of those (if you're doing a standard list). Can try to fit in a Glaive or a Stormblade or something. Well, if not superheavies, then at least consider that Salamanders without Vulkan, just arent really Salamanders imho tongue.png msn-wink.gif otherwise - I love the amount of Dreads that are in there, that would look magic on the table when painted and weathered!

The point is More Dreads less "anything else". No point in cutting out an entire Dread Talon for a Single Glaive as much as I love them. Besides, its a Side Project. The Glaive is for my Imperial Fists!

As much as I like Vulkan, The best way to field him currently is with a Firedrake Guard and a Transport that can fit them all. That usually means a Spartan and that equates to an 800 Point Squad.

I'd prefer to have more Dreads.

Besides, though we don't have Lore for it, this is a very fluffy Salamanders themed army. Dropsite Massacre is in the (not so distant) past. Nomus Rhy'tan, charged by Vulkan with remaining behind on Nocturne to tend to new recruits, and being the 'Keeper of Keys', in charge of waking the Legion's Brothers interred in Dreadnought armour, has managed to return to Isstvan V to recover the remains of Cassian Vaughn and, as importantly, the Iron Dragon Dreadnought he piloted, that another Fireborn may take Vulkan's creation into the field once more...

Besides, you think after the hell of Isstvan, the XVIIIth had any active Super Heavies? Maybe some being repaired on Nocturne, but the active ones became just another fish in the Traitor's Urgall Depression barrel.

Oh by all means, I was just a little surprised ;) but I guess that many dreads would be pretty crazy still. You took down maybe like, 2 and there is like another 5 still comming up lol

• 1 month later...

looks awesome dude im loving the dreadlist. question how are you going to do the volkite culvines? i was thinking of taking some tau railguns myself but i just wanted someone elses idea.

Get the Volkite Culverin from FW, and 3 Plasma Cannon arms. Cut off the Actual Plasma Cannon right behind the coils and Slap 1-2 Culverins in there. Done.

Not the Cheapest but should look relatively convincing.

...still wondering why they havent released a Culverin Arm yet...

looks awesome dude im loving the dreadlist. question how are you going to do the volkite culvines? i was thinking of taking some tau railguns myself but i just wanted someone elses idea.

Get the Volkite Culverin from FW, and 3 Plasma Cannon arms. Cut off the Actual Plasma Cannon right behind the coils and Slap 1-2 Culverins in there. Done.

yea i know and i think i might just do that but why 3 plasma cannons?

You had me at Cassian Dracos. He has to be the most underrated commander in the Heresy lists.

I like.

EDIT: As for a need for a Primarch in this list, hell no. It's Cassian Dracos, dang it! He was running the whole XVIII Legion and exterminating Xenos worlds while his Pops was still running around, smacking lizards in the heads with mallets.

The Iron Dragon is king.

im going to try this but you are talking about right after the plasma cannon part for the coils part?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/conplasma.jpg

Yup, right behind the Heating coils seen here.

• 2 weeks later...

Slipstream.

I have 7 Jetbikes I'm not using the Volkites for. Do you want them? You in the UK? I could post them to you if it's helpful on the condition that you finish this and get lots of pictures on the way for us!

Slipstream.

I have 7 Jetbikes I'm not using the Volkites for. Do you want them? You in the UK? I could post them to you if it's helpful on the condition that you finish this and get lots of pictures on the way for us!

In canada sadly; list is also still a pipedream right now since im still in the process of rounding out my Imperial Fists :p

Slipstream.

@demio if you dont mind ship across the pond ill take 3 of them:) just pm me. so i dont hijack slips page

Archived