Join the March of Righteous Steel! Join the Knights!

W
ith the release of the new Codex, the introduction of AdMech and the doors to ETL IV painting competition flung open, the Imperial Knights are looking for more noble souls willing to march with them, bringing glory to their names and death to the enemies of mankind, forever to be remembered as heroes of Mankind.

Whether you fight for the Imperium, swear fealty to Old Mars or seek glory on your own accord, all are welcome to join our ranks.

http://i.imgur.com/tYqtZXG.png

About the Knights

T
he Imperial Knights are the second youngest playable faction to join the B&C, with the forces of the 40k Adeptus Mechanicus being the newest (even though the sub-forum existed for longer than that). However, only now do Knight get the options they deserve. The 7ed Codex opens up a lot of customization and option to field a full-fledged army of Knight, able to crush anyone foolish enough to stand in their way.

Knight Houses have a close relationship with the Adeptus Mechanicus and to some

degree even an interdependence. The Knights rely on the AdMech for repairs and

maintenance while the AdMech relies on the Houses to supply them with food and

raw materials.

On the table top, they make excellent allies and almost function like a single force.
This is represented on this forum by us sharing a sub-forum with our brethren from

Mars, which is fitting, seeing as the very first Knight House was founded on Old Mars

itself.

The Knights and AdMech
Despite being a new addition, Knight Houses predate the Astartes and even the Imperium, dating back to the Age of Technology, when humanity reached for the stars and began settling on new worlds. The struggle for survival on many of these worlds was grim. On some, the settlers found themselves the prey of vicious predators or native alien races. On other worlds, extreme weather conditions or an unbreathable atmosphere made travel outside of domed habitat-zones next to impossible.
In order to deal with them, the settlers were supplied with Standard Template Construct databases and fabrication facilities that allowed them to build powered suits of exoarmour.
The suits proved invaluable: few, if any, natural predators or hostile alien warriors could stand against them, and they could travel through even the most dangerous environment with ease.
The towering armoured figures soon became a common sight on the colonies, where they were known as Knights by the settlers, after the legendary armoured warriors and protectors of ancient Terran history.

http://i.imgur.com/82xPfxj.jpg
Suffer not the Alien to live!

Our community

A
t the time of writing the Imperial Knight community is comparatively small. However, the rise of the Adeptus Mechanicus and the release of new Imperial Knight material will breath fresh life into it and I hope you will be one of us in due time, helping us to grow and be part of its development. With the release of the 7ed Codex: Imperial Knights there could not be a better time to join our ranks and march for the Glory of the Imperium of Man.

Why join us?

K
night Titan lore is some of the most interesting stuff in 40k. True to both the medieval tradition and epic feel that 40k thrives from. On the table, Knight are perhaps one of the most unique armies. The model-count may be extremely low, but each Knight in equal to multiple units of the enemy. The plethora of weapons choices and customization makes this army a blast to play.
The models themselves are gorgeous and allow for plenty of customization to create your very own Knight House with its own coat of arms and livery. The army itself is still very fresh, so this is your chance to pioneer it and shape its future.

http://i.imgur.com/ifppoFs.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZIxohen.jpg
To Glory!

W
hat legends would be told of them, the men who step inside the kingdom's giant? Their legends are not sagas of inscrutable gods or immortal emperors, but of simple, honourable soldiers told by humble, hardworking people centuries after those soldiers are but dust and memory.

So, if you are strong enough to control a war-machine as venerable as it is mighty and yet cunning enough to govern whole worlds in service of Mankind, then you are a man or character.

If you stand for those who can not stand for themselves, then you are a man of honour.

If you are a shining light of hope and salvation when all other lights have gone out and defiantly stare down the endless tides of darkness, then you are an Imperial Knight and eternal glory will be yours.

Visit us in our sub-forum. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Hope to see you there.

Edited by Immersturm

Although I am pledged to the Skitarii, House Abrehart will march for Terra. I've got my first new Knight on order at my LGS, and will hopefully be able to pick it up this weekend.

Knight pre-ordered along with the codex. Once I have it , it will join the ranks of the AdMec with some skitarri as well:D

Good man. The IK Tactica is currently being worked on. Check the sub-forum for some good info. I hope to finish unit analysis by Sunday, so that new-comers have an idea where to take their Knights ;)

Well, for one this is aimed at people who want to run IK primary, either pure of with auxiliary elements, and I also specifically mention the AdMech forum in conjunction with AdMech itself. This ain't just about ETL but also about growing the AdMech community in general ;)

Don't worry. I can handle it ;) But you bring up a fair point. But to be frank, ETL wasn't my primary concern at the time of writing. AdMech-related armies are a new thing and I wanted to get some attention to the AdMech forum to increase traffic and build a stable community ;)

i'm here with you, bud. just bought my first knight a few weeks ago, and have a warden on the way too. Actually they're my wife's - finally coaxed her into the hobby after only 13 years together (when we first met, I was playing 40k with her current boyfriend, funnily enough - stealing him from her, she thought! How ironic...)

I'm playing a very odd list tonight. My wife's knight paladin, some thunderwolves, ironstriders, and grey hunters in razorbacks . We'll see how that goes :)

i'm here with you, bud. just bought my first knight a few weeks ago, and have a warden on the way too. Actually they're my wife's - finally coaxed her into the hobby after only 13 years together (when we first met, I was playing 40k with her current boyfriend, funnily enough - stealing him from her, she thought! How ironic...)

I'm playing a very odd list tonight. My wife's knight paladin, some thunderwolves, ironstriders, and grey hunters in razorbacks . We'll see how that goes :smile.:

http://i.imgur.com/f1Bj1FR.png

Ehem.. Anyway, check AdMech section from time to time. IK guide is currently being worked on and Skitarii and Cult guides are planned to follow soon after ;)

My Freeblade Obscura also join the ranks!

I'm only a recent user of a Knight but I'm already thinking about the next one I'll buy, the Lancer being my favorite for the moment.

Nice project Immersturm, our Knights deserve it!

Greetings! As a detachment of Knights are on my way from FW now, does anyone have any heraldry sites they would recommend?

This is going to sound like a cop-out but I just used Google and found a few different sites to gather information from. I settled on a Waxing Crescent and then shoddily painted it upon my Knight. If I could have a do-over, trust me, I would take it. That thing looks horrible. Anyway, I'll see if I can scrounge some up for you.

Ok, here are two sites that I used. If anything, you could look up the Gutenberg Project's A Complete Guide to Heraldry if you're in it for the history :happy.:!

Link 1

Link 2

EDIT: Included links.

Edited by Mehman

I have had a Knight for a while, but it sits unpainted and I need some help painting it. He's a Freeblade, one of the last survivors of a Knight house (wiped out by chaos) I only intend to have two knights in my force, I'm going t get a warden as soon as I have the funds. All I know for sure is that I want to put a black Bar sinister on him. He's sworn himself to the defense of an as yet unnamed world where my Guard and outcast great company live. The Guard, whom he most often supports are a very Pragmatic lot, using camouflage and deception to achieve their goals. I wanted the black bar sinister to represent him now being orphaned from his house (the bar sinister is associated with illegitimate sons), and black as a symbol of mourning his lost brothers. My army is very similar to the space wolves scheme. I'm going to integrate some other heraldic symbols like a the Saltire for protection (I was actually going to do a blue field with a white saltire like the flag of Scotland, the St Andrew's Cross, for my personal heritage). I just don't know what to do about the rest of him, obviously the frame will get drybrushed with leadbelcher some dabs of brown, an earthshade wash and a nuln oil wash. 

The Knights of Rohan join the fight

strength 3 ( 5 eventually)

Leviathan pattern Castigator

Knight Errant

Knight Styrix

Home planet: 126-4-7x The Deep

Colours : Crimson and Silver

Heraldry: White Horsehead

Character: insular guardians of a secret long forgotten by all but the mechanium and Inquisition.

Reasons for Riding out: The knight operate on a strict meritocratic code. The only real way to prove your worth is to go out into the greater galaxy and slay the enemy's of the Emperor and return in glory.

Leviathan: These knights are a pattern that is a product of a machine in deepest parts of the deep known as the dreamforge;).they are almost exactly the same as the cerastus pattern Knight performance wise.

• 3 weeks later...

I swear I've asked this before, but how did you get certain images to the left or right side of your post?

You use the special BBCode button and use the 'imageleft' or 'imageright' options on them. Alternatively, provided the picture is on it's own, you could use one of the alignment buttons instead.