Plague and Decay and maybe a few Ravens.

Nullus

Hey all, this is my first project log on this site and I aim to use it to keep track of my thoughts behind this army and units as well as to get some criticism on the individual models and army as a whole. So here it goes and I hope you like it...

After many deliberations as to what new army I wanted to do (being a toss up between Necrons, Tau, Space Marines and Chaos) I decided to go for the two armies that keep pulling me in and decided to do a nurgle Chaos Marine army using the C:SM rules and Raven Guard (or maybe Iron Hands) chapter tactics.

The idea for the army is based mainly around three things I love in C:SM (being Ironclads in drop pods, assault cannon razorbacks and Librarians). These will all be converted/kit bashed to have a nurgle theme. I wanted the army itself to have a simple paint scheme with lots of weathering and rust and most importantly be quick to paint. In advance sorry for the messy pictures, these were just a few pictures taken quickly while i was building the models and I will get some better quality pictures done when they are finished.

So without further waffling on, here are some photos of the first unit of 5.

Nurgle marine conversion (squad)

Plague Marine conversion - Melta

Plague Marine conversion - Bolt Pistol

Plague Marine conversion - Bolt Gun

After building these guys I realized that they are a fair bit larger than normal Space marines, which I like as they fill out the 32mm bases a little better.

Nurgle marine conversion

Along with these guys I've managed to build my ironclad (which has been magnetized for use as both an ironclad and a helbrute with different weapon options.

Helbrute conversion

Helbrute conversion, magnetized weapon

Helbrute conversion

And I've finished my first Librarian (although I'm not set on using him as I don't feel that he stands out enough from the rest of the guys to noticeably be the Librarian).

Nurgle Sorcerer

Also just one last picture to show the paint scheme I'm going for.

Nurgle Champion with Combi-Melta

Sorry to bombard you with pictures and text on the first post but I've managed to get a lot done in a short period of time which is unusual for me as I'm normally pretty slow with army development.

Hopefully I'll get some more dudes finished by the weekend and take some better photos to upload.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment or criticize any aspect of the models as it only helps.

Boy, Im glad I swallowed my coffee before seeing the paint sample. That is great conversion work, and the simple, yet effective paint pulls the look together. Maybe some of that technical paint that mimics pus (can't remember the name of it).Really give them the disgusting Nurgle look.

Thanks. I'm glad you like them.

I was thinking about if I should add nurgle's rot or not to the model so nice to see someone else thinks the same. I think I'll give it go and post some pictures later on today. Thanks for the input smile.png

So after a few tweaks to the champion model I've settled on the way the bases will be finished and added a little nurgle's rot to his belly to help bring the whole model a little bit more together. Hope you guys like him. Comments and criticisms are always welcome so let me know what you think.

Plague Marine Conversion finished

Also what do people think about the picture quality? Any tips for better photos or are they clear enough as they are? (They're taken with a phone camera using just a piece of card for backing).

One last question for everyone, which background do you guys prefer? The purple or this one?

Progress over the next week or so may be a little slow on these guys due to exams but hopefully I can get the squad and the dread fully painted by next week.

Thanks for reading and hope you guys enjoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

So after a week trying to organize myself a little I haven't got much done for the army yet. Still trying to sort a list out for a tournament and test playing different armies has eaten into some of my painting time along with trying to sort out my little commission business (which I'll post more about in the near future as the business is due to expand soon) which has taken the rest of my time away. I have however managed to finish painting up the first squad of guys and start on the second so without further ramblings here they are.

Plague marine squad

Plague marine squad

Plague marine squad

So the first 5 men are done and its a start on my ETL vow at least. I've started painting the second squad and the sorcerer which should be done by the end of the day (excluding bases) so some photos of those guys will go up tomorrow but here they are in their current state.

Plague marine squad and sorcerer WIP

(Also if someone could let me know how to make the pictures bigger in the blog that would be great thanks). 

As always, comments and criticisms are welcome and thanks for reading. 

• 2 months later...

Archived