WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

There's a planet called Magniat in Ultramar! That's my planet! The one I was going to base all off my Imperial Guard DIY regiments off of! Exclamation point!

Seriously, I had Fir Magnat as a planet, that I last changed to Magniat.

^^ You sure you don't want to try on Prandium, Conn? I hear good things about that place. 

NIGHT LORDS TRANSFERS!!!! Holy shaznik. I would like to say thank you so far for everone who's contributed to giving us picks of this glorius event. I love the white scars, I love the new word bearers models, and as a black templar I don't know how to feel about sigsimund. Here's what I'm thinking new helmet, and a slight reposing and I'm going to need some chains for his hands.

As a guy who just got his new airbrush I'm extremely excited about that and hope they come out soon.

Warlord looks amazing but waaaaay to expensive for me. I would rather put that money into a new computer or tv.

Chaos knight looks really cool and I'm extremly happy for chaos players. Midi ally the pain if not having one of these babies will be lifted. Also is It just me or does that lord of skulls look absolutely marvelous with the legs conversion?

Guys I'm so excited right now that I'll need a meme just to express my happiness. The sun is shining, my airbrush is in, and my legs feels a lot better. The only thing that would make me happier right now is if California actually got some damn rain.

Happy crusading!!!!

There's a planet called Magniat in Ultramar! That's my planet! The one I was going to base all off my Imperial Guard DIY regiments off of! Exclamation point!

^^ You sure you don't want to try on Prandium, Conn? I hear good things about that place.

Eh, that planet was a little sleazy and had bad room service.

Sooo this is the game you want to play FW?! You'd rather put out the last legion to get models, the White Scars, before Dark Angel shoulder pads?!?!?!

Harrumph harrumph harrumph....

Isn't that the one where the Codex was tested, and then devoured by Tyranids ten thousand years later?

But yeah, I had no original intention of this world I had created be a part of Ultramar, past or present. I'm super eager to read more about it, I hope they give it some attention.

Watch it ended up a dead world. :lol:

I'm not worried about it, however it goes I can either use or rename the world back to Magnat. :)

I really love Ventanus look on this artwork. His face has that noble warrior look to it, and he sports a rather cool haircut. Like a more shaggy version of the "jarhead".

As for my personal take on the new releases:

Sigismund - dissapointing. The head isn't the problem, as I am sure the kit comes with a helmet (like many other character models in HH series so far), but the overall pose looks suspect. Plus the model seems to be suffering from the chicken legs syndrome (common to mk. II sculpts. It's like some sculptors aren't able to grasp the concept of overlapping armour plates). Not saying it's a bad mini overall, and I am sure the added helmet and better paintjobs will make him pop more, but as a representation of such an iconic character, the design of the sculpt seems dissapointingly random.

Guilliman - Looks good enough, but as usual with Simon Egan, the face is badly sculpted (look at the official close ups from the event promos. It has a very crude and carved look to its facial lines). Though it could be becouse of a poor paintjob.

Warlord Titan - Amazing. And I am saying it as someone who has been lamenting the fact that the cannonical height and size of battle titans, has been so drastically reduced, in order to make them viable, playable models that FW can realistically manufacture. But the kit itself is amazing. Also, the updated, refined look, using the sexier lines of the Imperial Knight design is a definite improvement over the classic, boxy look. Shame that I could never justifiy buying it for such a price though.

Word Bearers and Ultramarines Legion-Specific troops - Everything looks great

White Scars - the bodies are great, but the helmets looked a bit strange on some of the photos. Will wait for the official pics.

Ultramarine LA rules:

Reroll 1s to wound and to pen in shooting phase against units that have already been shot at by other Ultranarine Units (so basically all Ultramarine units function as pseudo-marker lights)

Reroll charge distance against a unit that is locked in with another Ultramarine unit.

Take Regroup and Pinning checks at LD10.

If HQs all die then everyone takes a pinning check.

I'm so so so so glad I've been monstering the overtime lately. A blue just for us night Lords, transfers and my god forgeworld knows how to spoil us. I seriously cannot believe the sheer effort the team must have put into putting this thing on and I've not even gone! I see some variety of thankyou letter in order to the team.

He looks like a badass who conquered 500 worlds and remade them into an image of civilized perfection.

I'm going for it. I'm buying my first Primarch, and it's gonna be G-dog.

Aw, crap.

gallery_79873_10492_4293.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_4658.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_20412.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_11500.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_19802.jpg

I'm guessing that's a thudd gun. Personally I like the original one much better.

Also guiiliman looks a lot better without the paint. The suzerans looks interesting though they look remind me too much of the phalanax warders.

via Garro, heresy 30k:

Ultramarines astartes rule
UM units that shoot at a target that has already been shot at by another UM may re-roll 1's to wound and to penetrate
UM units may re-roll charge ranges if charging a unit already in combat with another UM unit.
UM units take pinning and regrouping tests at base LD10 (still take modifers)
if all UM HQ choices are killed then all UM units must take a pinning test 

Ultramarine rite of war

have a selection of abilities to pick from, 
-re-roll run distances, snap fire at BS2 if stationary, or counter attack
choose at the begaining of a turn, may be used more than once, but only 1 at a time.

Ultramarine wargear

Legatine axe: power weapon thats AP2 hit at I value and auto-wounds on a 6
mantle of ultramar: artifcer armour that confers +5 FNP and immunity to blind (model only, not unit)

Ultramarine units

ultramarines gain 4 new units 
invictus suzerain squads: tooled up combat gents, with boarding shields and power weapons, gives +1LD to nearby friendlies for pinning morale test
fulmentarus terminators: seige tyrants with better targeting bonuses for number of models in units
locutarus storm squad: vanguard vets with less wargear options
damocles command rhino

Ultramarine characters
honoured telemechrus: contemptor basicallys UM version of ryanlor
ventanus, cheap praetor grade charcter, some small scale boosts 
Roboute guilliman, lower end of primarch power, but lots of tough bonuses, good weapons

Word Bearers:

mhara gal is in there, along with two new characters and a two man unit (command squad for one of the characters)

daemonic dark apostle good stats, wargear etc, makes ashen circle troops and lets them buy dark challenging, has a two man 'super gal vorbak' bodyguard 

mid level character, mid-level powers, can make all WB units WS5 for one turn

He looks like a badass who conquered 500 worlds and remade them into an image of civilized perfection.

Aw, crap.

I'm gonna join you. He'll be my first Primarch too.

via Killerbee, heresy 30k

Also some significant changes for Titans

All patterns:
- never blocked in assault
- immune to haywire, dangerous terrain, psychic attacks other than whichfire

Reaver and Warlord:
- can only be hit on 6 during assault by infantry and monstrous creatures and 5-6 by sup-heavy walkers

Warlord only:
- stomp attack with 5'' blast 

Aw, crap.

I'm gonna join you. He'll be my first Primarch too.

Hah! Same here! He's the only primarch that I actually 100% like

Project Iron Snakes is a-go!

...after I finish the Salamander Dreadhead Project...

...and Painting for ETL...

Until I see full profiles for the Suzerians, I'll remain optimistic that FW didn't just 1-up the Phalanx Warders with them in literally every respect: Model and rules wise :P

via Garro, heresy 30k:

Roboute guilliman, lower end of primarch power, but lots of tough bonuses, good weapons

Dissapointing if true. I got the impression over the years that BL writers tried to break with the idea of Guilliman being nothing more than a skilled strategist/administrator. His depiction in recent HH fiction appeared to accentuate the idea, that Guilliman was the only Primarch to recieve classical millitary training from young age, and someone who was the very model of a proper soldier. Not as dangerous in a fight as some of the heavyweights like Angron, Sanguinus or Russ, but definitelly more skilled in personal combat than many other Primarchs. To me he always appeared as someone who could be put in the same category as Rogal Dorn, as far as fighting skill went. It would be a shame if his rules reflected only the "pencil pusher" side of Guilliman's image.

Archived