WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

However, I'm not entirely sure this can definitely be a yes. Rhinos are not subject to the Legiones Astartes special rule (they only come with the Repair special rule) which possibly means the Rhino itself cannot take advantage of this. I suspect this will need FAQing. 

Basically, if you shoot at a target with a Rhino (or with anything in the Ultramarines detachment that isn't a super-heavy, flyer, servo automata or battle automata) and hit, any subsequent to-wound and/or penetrate rolls of one made by a Tactical Squad (or anything with the Legiones Astartes [ultramarines] special rule) can be re-rolled.

So shoot your units packing LA:UM last.

In regards to the Damocles, isn't it required to take if you use the UM Rite of War? and doesn't that same RoW disallow deep striking? If so, seems counterintuitive

It's a compulsory requirement to take either a Damocles or a Master of Signal.

In regards to the Damocles, isn't it required to take if you use the UM Rite of War? and doesn't that same RoW disallow deep striking? If so, seems counterintuitive

Like BFeeder said, it's one of the compulsory requirements, but rather than Deep Strike you're using him more for the mobile Orbital Bombardment than a static line :) (unless someone corrects me and mentions that Rhinos can't move and shoot their OB). It's definitely counter intuitive within that ROW but I think it allows for the possibility for Ultramarines armies not using that ROW to benefit from it.

The barrage has ordnance I think which requires you to stay still unless you have relentless.

It's a vehicle, so you can shoot it, but all other weapons would be snap fired. So effectively, you can move 6" and fire the barrage in the same turn.

Yeah, it's actually rather fluff-based since this Rite of War is how the Ultramarines fought at Calth. They didn't get reinforcements from orbit because they were all on the ground. The only thing they got was orbital bombardments when they took back control of the orbital defence grid.

Lorgar can't take Malefic powers, no psykers at all apart from Zardu Layak can take them. Lorgar is restricted to Divination or Telekinesis only 

The updates to the AoD ruleset says that XVII Librarians can take Malefic powers too.

Does it say "Libtrarians" explicitly? Because if yes, one might argue that Lorgar is no Librarian.

It's actually both. Have re-read the updated rules a couple of times to make sure and Word Bearers Librarians can take Malefic and so can Lorgar (only with the Transfigured upgrade) even though his entry specifically says only Divination and Telekinesis. That's where most of the confusion comes from. So yeah. Lorgar is now stupidly OP

RoW for Ultramarines requires you to have an extra troops choice and a master of signal (or is it MoS or Damocles Rhino?) and it doesn't change any units FOC it just gives special turn abilities. 

Has anyone described the Ultramarines exclusive rites of war and the way they modify the force organisation in terms of troops and transports?

It's a few pages further back

RoW for Ultramarines requires you to have an extra troops choice and a master of signal (or is it MoS or Damocles Rhino?) and it doesn't change any units FOC it just gives special turn abilities.

From what someone else said, the mandatory is either MoS or Damocles.

And I believe there was mention of the RoW losing all Deep Strike. What with itbeing Calth and all.

It's actually both. Have re-read the updated rules a couple of times to make sure and Word Bearers Librarians can take Malefic and so can Lorgar (only with the Transfigured upgrade) even though his entry specifically says only Divination and Telekinesis. That's where most of the confusion comes from. So yeah. Lorgar is now stupidly OP

Apologies for being dense, but I don't see how Lorgar getting Malefic makes him OP. He's not a Daemon, so will perils on any double, plus the Malefic Powers have pretty hefty WC costs iirc, and 30k armies don't seem to be massive WC batteries (at least until the XV drop). I just don't see how this makes him 'stupidly OP', especially compared with 'Invisible Lorgar'.

It's actually fairly easy to get plenty of WCs in the bank for Word Bearers as they get Burning Lore to upgrade characters to psykers, granted it's not as cost effective as taking 2 librarians and the new Dark Apostle but it's possible so at the very least you're looking at a base of 6-7 just from the Word Bearer detachment and if you take daemon allies that adds further to them. On top of that Lorgar passes his psychic tests on 3+ rather than 4+ and he has a 3++ against any psychic empowered attack. I could be wrong but since it goes out of it's way to include witchfires and force weapons in there I'd assume that includes Perils too.

It's here.

It's so pretty.

But I'm too tired to read it (I have two Canadian friends here for a week - being tour guide is exhausting, but hey, free pizza). 

Well, I'll gladly read it for you...if you want. I'm still patiently waiting for mine.

Personally I'm getting excited for the imperial militia. Does anyone have more data about them? I was wondering about the troops and hq please. Also can they go horde mode and do they get dedicated transports? Also is there much that separates them from solar auxilia? Thanks.

Personally I'm getting excited for the imperial militia. Does anyone have more data about them? I was wondering about the troops and hq please. Also can they go horde mode and do they get dedicated transports? Also is there much that separates them from solar auxilia? Thanks.

HQ is pretty simple - Force Commander is the main leader, he's an IG Company Commander more or less with a few more pieces of 30k wargear; power armour, iron halo, charnabal sabers and so on are all available upgrades. Basically a weaker, but cheaper Solar Auxilia Lord Marshal. 

Platoon Command Squads are the other chief HQ and start off as a 5 man team with vox, banner and 2 wound Platoon Commander. Can buy extra bodyguards to increase size to 10 and every model can choose between small arms of various types of Grenade Launchers or heavy stubbers. 

Discipline Cadres are pseudo-commissars with 2 wounds and are a "support" HQ choice, can't be your only HQ. Bought in units of 2-5. 

For troops, almost every infantry unit in this list is a troop choice, but the non-compulsories are Standard squads for 2.5 points a dude with crappy guns and Guardsmen stats with 1 lower leadership. They can swap out their main armament for a variety of choices including close combat weapons, various kinds of rifles and the like and can all take Krak if need be. Vexilla available, no vox. No proper specials. Grenadiers and Levies are also compuslory choices - Levies are 2 point conscripts which confer no kill points or first blood, Grenadiers are IG Carapace vets, but specials are bought in supplement to the base 10 men, and they have more basic gun options, including bolters ans Solar Auxilia lasrifles. Heavy weapon squads of 5-10, recon squads of 5 guys with scout and infiltrate and slightly better stats and can buy stealth/sniper rifles are there as well, but are all support squads. 

Only transport is the Gorgon, though Survivors of the Long Night gives you Rhinos and Land Raider Proteus for command squads and Grenadiers. 

Archived