WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

Will be there on the Saturday, so will try to keep people up to date on my phone should I spot anything interesting. However, I suspect my time will be divided between the ForgeWorld and Black Library sales queues.

I will also be there on Saturday & aim get a lot photos, hopeful be posting a topic on Warhammer World later on Sunday when I recover from the traveling.

Parker - Just to ask, you been to open day events that Warhammer World before? Or is it just Horus Heresy weekender? It just to find out what the best time would be to get over to Warhammer World on Saturday. Place open that 9am, just wounder if it worth walking over for 8am?

Just this is my first out side Throne of Skulls event. Not sure what to exspext. One my worries is possible sort of Games Day rush we've seen which I don't want to go though.

Aim go to Forge World first, then see the display & catch up with friends. Trying plan out my list for what I want to buy, but seen recent update not help me chose biggrin.png

Didn't realise it was 09:00 start, thought it was 10:00 like the Open Days. My day just started an hour earlier, travelling 180 miles from Southampton to get there, might have to leave at 05:00

I was at the Open Day last year, and I would heartidly recommend getting there between 30 and 60 minutes early if you want to be getting stuff from the sales stand anytime before lunch. I messed up last year, between getting lost in Nottingham and redirected around Tram works (which are still ongoing - check the WW site for the best route), I eventually parked for the opening time. I then spent an hour queueing outside before I even got into the building, and then a further 2 hours in the sales queue.

Spending 30 minutes in the queue before the doors open will pay dividends throughout the day. It sounds like you've got a hotel in the centre of Nottingham, so definately worthwhile rocking up early.

I have a sneaky suspicion, most of my day will be the following:

• 09:00 - 12:00 > ForgeWorld and Black Library store queue
  • 12:00 - 13:00 > Lunch
  • 13:00 - 15:00 > General browsing and gushing over new models and books
  • 15:00 - 16:00 > Exhibition Hall (you have to sign up to a 1 hour period to view it, another benefit of early arrival you'll have a better selection of timeslots)
  • 17:00 > Probably beating the rush to get out of Nottingham and get some sleep.

Will be there on the Saturday, so will try to keep people up to date on my phone should I spot anything interesting. However, I suspect my time will be divided between the ForgeWorld and Black Library sales queues.

I will also be there on Saturday & aim get a lot photos, hopeful be posting a topic on Warhammer World later on Sunday when I recover from the traveling.

Parker - Just to ask, you been to open day events that Warhammer World before? Or is it just Horus Heresy weekender? It just to find out what the best time would be to get over to Warhammer World on Saturday. Place open that 9am, just wounder if it worth walking over for 8am?

Just this is my first out side Throne of Skulls event. Not sure what to exspext. One my worries is possible sort of Games Day rush we've seen which I don't want to go though.

Aim go to Forge World first, then see the display & catch up with friends. Trying plan out my list for what I want to buy, but seen recent update not help me chose biggrin.png

Didn't realise it was 09:00 start, thought it was 10:00 like the Open Days. My day just started an hour earlier, travelling 180 miles from Southampton to get there, might have to leave at 05:00

I was at the Open Day last year, and I would heartidly recommend getting there between 30 and 60 minutes early if you want to be getting stuff from the sales stand anytime before lunch. I messed up last year, between getting lost in Nottingham and redirected around Tram works (which are still ongoing - check the WW site for the best route), I eventually parked for the opening time. I then spent an hour queueing outside before I even got into the building, and then a further 2 hours in the sales queue.

Spending 30 minutes in the queue before the doors open will pay dividends throughout the day. It sounds like you've got a hotel in the centre of Nottingham, so definately worthwhile rocking up early.

I have a sneaky suspicion, most of my day will be the following:

• 09:00 - 12:00 > ForgeWorld and Black Library store queue
  • 12:00 - 13:00 > Lunch
  • 13:00 - 15:00 > General browsing and gushing over new models and books
  • 15:00 - 16:00 > Exhibition Hall (you have to sign up to a 1 hour period to view it, another benefit of early arrival you'll have a better selection of timeslots)
  • 17:00 > Probably beating the rush to get out of Nottingham and get some sleep.

Thanks

Yes it say on my ticket 9am.

Thanks for the note. I'm there until 2pm due to travel back home. I'm stay that a hotel just 10-15min walk to Warhammer World that I always use when I go to Throne of Skulls. Just my worry is the experince I had with Games Day, I've enjoy going to Games Day don't get me wrong. Just mean more the rush & how over the top a lot of people can get like it the end of the world. I usely avoided that because I knew I'd be that Warhammer World for a event so was not in any rush during Games Day & didn't want to wait in long line & miss out on all cool stuff.

I'm aim to try get Forge World model first, aim book/tour display asap (main reason to go) & get food while I wait.

I'm most like book out my hotel 7.30am, aim is

8ish - Wait that Warhammer World

9 - Forge World & want to get the event only IW t-shirt.

Book tour/see around that

Lunch asap other wise don't feel so great.

Then head home.

I'm really looking forward to the day & catch up with a lot of people.

Is there a timetable for the day? Or is it just a free swim

Was hoping for some seminars, but guess it's just a day of shopping and viewing the new exhibition halls

I think it free swim & just let people see the new Warhammer World :D

Is there a timetable for the day? Or is it just a free swim

Was hoping for some seminars, but guess it's just a day of shopping and viewing the new exhibition halls

At the moment there's no timetable of 'events', seems to be a free-for-all. The only exception is the miniature halls, where you have to book up to a single hour slot where you are permitted to enter and view the displays.

Seen nothing for Seminars, but no doubt the likes of Alan Bligh will be around at a desk where you can go and chat.

If it's anything like the FW open day last year I'd imagine it will just be a free for all. I'm going to be there for at least 7:30 if I can help. Not because I want to but last year I arrived at 8:45 (for a 10:00 start) and the queue was already roughly a hundred deep. Shopping first, then banging everything I don't want signed back in the car then to get in bugman's for some food if possible since last time there was zero chance of getting a table between 10:00 and 15:00 although if previous is anything to go on, a lot of people only arrived to get the new release stuff and then the crowd thinned out

If it's anything like the FW open day last year I'd imagine it will just be a free for all. I'm going to be there for at least 7:30 if I can help. Not because I want to but last year I arrived at 8:45 (for a 10:00 start) and the queue was already roughly a hundred deep. Shopping first, then banging everything I don't want signed back in the car then to get in bugman's for some food if possible since last time there was zero chance of getting a table between 10:00 and 15:00 although if previous is anything to go on, a lot of people only arrived to get the new release stuff and then the crowd thinned out

I might do that to be safe, get there around 7.30am.  Just this is my first none gaming event that Warhammer World & my only worry just from Games Day, I enjoy going don't get me wrong but it was just the rush & how some people got a bit over the top. 

Also I never really gotten to see a lot that Games Day I miss out on the display.  With Warhammer World, I want to get that chance to see the display that been built up & also see all cool stuff & try get as many photos of all the cool new stuff done to Warhammer World :D

Also most like going be up pretty earily.  It same with Throne of Skulls, as soon as I'm ready it best for me just to make my way & wait out side.

I might do that to be safe, get there around 7.30am. Just this is my first none gaming event that Warhammer World & my only worry just from Games Day, I enjoy going don't get me wrong but it was just the rush & how some people got a bit over the top.

Also I never really gotten to see a lot that Games Day I miss out on the display. With Warhammer World, I want to get that chance to see the display that been built up & also see all cool stuff & try get as many photos of all the cool new stuff done to Warhammer World biggrin.png

Also most like going be up pretty earily. It same with Throne of Skulls, as soon as I'm ready it best for me just to make my way & wait out side.

I'd play it safe. The sales queue was horrific and that was with the whole gaming hall given over to it more or less, now there's going to be the BL and Citadel stuff on sale at the same time it's going to be utter carnage. I'm just hoping that the FW open day repeats itself where I got to pick up my reservations and all the stuff I wanted to buy at the same time. Not too hopeful on that though. I like the fact that the exhibition hall is a time slot based deal, means it isn't going to be crammed to the rafters with everyone taking photos on ipads again (i mean seriously, it blocks the view for everyone within 10 meters)

Ultimately I think it'll work out ok because it's been strictly ticketed but I guess we won't find out until Saturday morning

Agreed. I'm not sure if it's just the face, but I prefer the younger look seen on the covers of KNF and UE. He looks a little too Lorgar-ey here.

It says the Princeps Majoris is an 'Event Exclusive' model, but I'm assuming that he's the FW Store exclusive...

It says the Princeps Majoris is an 'Event Exclusive' model, but I'm assuming that he's the FW Store exclusive...

I'm fairly sure the Princepts Majoris actually is the 'Event Exclusive' for 2015 - i.e. it will be available at future events that FW attend this year. Which means that the FW store exclusive could well be something else...

med_gallery_79873_10492_28509.jpg

Bah, now I'm annoyed that I can't make it tomorrow. Dude on the left would have been perfect as a sergeant for my SoH tactical squad. :s

Guess they'll start cropping up on eBay eventually.

Guess they'll start cropping up on eBay eventually.

They've been cropping up for a while, since they became event exclusive models a few months back. Expect the average price per model to be about £30 (double the RRP). 

They've been cropping up for a while, since they became event exclusive models a few months back. Expect the average price per model to be about £30 (double the RRP). 

In that case I'll have to take a gander to see if I can find a few. I don't mind paying £30 for one of FW's resin models. I've already done that with the Loken/Abaddon dio.

via Drake Seta, Battlebunnies

Warlord Titan is over £1000 with all weapon options. Confirmed.

so, i'll need to buy the body seperate from the weapons tongue.png oh, and that Princeps Majoris is sexy ... although, it would be cool to have rules for him too :/

via Drake Seta, Battlebunnies

Warlord Titan is over £1000 with all weapon options. Confirmed.

so, i'll need to buy the body seperate from the weapons tongue.png oh, and that Princeps Majoris is sexy ... although, it would be cool to have rules for him too :/

From my chat with FW, it could cost around the £1,400 mark in total. But yes, the weapon options will be available separately smile.png

I like the Princeps, but I think the tie-in miniature for such a landmark release should have had a completely new sculpt, rather than one obviously based upon the Reaver Titan Princeps.

Anyone have a price on Tempest? I gave a buddy £100 to get me Meduson & Tempest, but am worried it won't be enough.

Books are usually 70 Pounds for the Regular Edition.

I'd like to wish everyone who's going a good time happy.png I'm not going (I hope to go next month), but whilst I'm getting him, I'm not 100% sold on Guilliman. I think the sculptor has tried to show the weariness he felt after Calth, but it doesn't look right, at least to me. It could just be the painting or the picture taken, but I imagined him a little different.

Also, I think that having four Agemos within such a small area is a little excessive...

I'm definitely getting Tempest in any case! happy.png

Archived