WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

Some more questions about the Militia and Cults list:

1D4chan says they get heavy support Malcadors, is that all 4 variants?

Which units exactly get dedicated transport Gorgons?

What lord of war choices do they have available? Can they take navy strike wings or just the Baneblade chassis stuff? (I'm assuming they don't get the Marcharius, much as I love the model).

Some more questions about the Militia and Cults list:

1D4chan says they get heavy support Malcadors, is that all 4 variants?

Which units exactly get dedicated transport Gorgons?

What lord of war choices do they have available? Can they take navy strike wings or just the Baneblade chassis stuff? (I'm assuming they don't get the Marcharius, much as I love the model).

Malcador is the "standard" variant - the proper tank version, no infernus, Valdor or Defender. 

Grenadiers and standard militia, but not levies, can use Gorgons. 

Lords of War is Baneblade and Stormhammer only - no variants. 

I wonder whether or not they'll release actual kits for the UM terminator and assault unit - the terminators in particular. None of the art has blinged out cataphractii - might they just settle for a Reaper Autocannon set? 

For me, I'm just going to break out my kitbashing skills and get some cataphractii, the Justaerin weapon set and some autocannon sets. They might not be double-barrelled, but you'd get the general idea - and with awesome ammo belts to boot!

Well, the Terminators featured in the colour profiles aren't Fulmentari terminators - the vast majority of Legion-specific units have't had colour profiles in the HH books, and it's entirely likely that even if work has started on designing the Fulmentari, the artwork for the book was finished far before that.

Basically, never use what colour profiles are / aren't present in FW's HH  books as an indicator for progress on model design - it just doesn't work like that.

As far as I'm aware, FW are commited to bringing out kits for all Legion-specific units - even if they're just in the form of minor upgrade sets.

I just realized. Tempest introduced Militia and Warp Cults, but no "proper Army". Since(from what I've heard) the Solar Auxilia are supposed to be the "elite" of the Imperial Army, did there happy to be mention of there being more in the future?

I just realized. Tempest introduced Militia and Warp Cults, but no "proper Army". Since(from what I've heard) the Solar Auxilia are supposed to be the "elite" of the Imperial Army, did there happy to be mention of there being more in the future?

The Militia, as I understand it, is as much the 'normal' army as the Auxilia, but can also represent much less regular elements. It has the variability to represent PDF-level to more elite regiments like the Geno Two-Five from Legion or the army seen in Horus Rising or elsewhere....

I think the best guide until we have Book 5 is in Conquest. When introducing the auxilia, there is this big chart of the army structure on a red ground (p. 84). Cohorts are ranked and described as follows:

(1) Cohorts and Regiments Primus

• These are the "most powerful forces within the Excertus, comprising elite formation such as the Solar Auxilia, Pioneer Regiments, Armoured Cohorts and Regiments of Renown."

(2) Cohorts and Regiments Secundus

• "Secondary level Cohorts and regiments represent a second tier of ability and force, including many indentured forces from Compliant worlds, lightly equipped 'regular' forces intended for non-critical Compliance garrisons, as well as frontline auxiliaries considered to be liable in some way, such as feral worlders and abhuman regiments.'

(3) Militia Legions Minoris

• "Militia Legions Minoris are forces raised in extremis from subordinate local populations, and are often poorly equipped and poorly trained, often for the purposes of planetary defense emergencies, etc."

(4) Provender and Labour Auxiliaries

(5) Penitentiary and Punishment Cohorts

I think the militia list stretches best between 2 and 3, but certain provenances may make 1 possible (especially the Long Night one), and perhaps the latter two. 

The Militia, as I understand it, is as much the 'normal' army as the Auxilia, but can also represent much less regular elements. It has the variability to represent PDF-level to more elite regiments like the Geno Two-Five from Legion or the army seen in Horus Rising or elsewhere....

I think the best guide until we have Book 5 is in Conquest. When introducing the auxilia, there is this big chart of the army structure on a red ground (p. 84). Cohorts are ranked and described as follows:

(1) Cohorts and Regiments Primus

• These are the "most powerful forces within the Excertus, comprising elite formation such as the Solar Auxilia, Pioneer Regiments, Armoured Cohorts and Regiments of Renown."

(2) Cohorts and Regiments Secundus

• "Secondary level Cohorts and regiments represent a second tier of ability and force, including many indentured forces from Compliant worlds, lightly equipped 'regular' forces intended for non-critical Compliance garrisons, as well as frontline auxiliaries considered to be liable in some way, such as feral worlders and abhuman regiments.'

(3) Militia Legions Minoris

• "Militia Legions Minoris are forces raised in extremis from subordinate local populations, and are often poorly equipped and poorly trained, often for the purposes of planetary defense emergencies, etc."

(4) Provender and Labour Auxiliaries

(5) Penitentiary and Punishment Cohorts

I think the militia list stretches best between 2 and 3, but certain provenances may make 1 possible (especially the Long Night one), and perhaps the latter two. 

This is about the heart of it I believe - how you upgrade your "militia" list and what provenances you use really determine their tier, from being superior in many respects to the Solar Auxilia to vast untrained rabble with crossbows. 

Within the book, in reference to the list, Militia, levy, veteran, advanced, disciplined and other varied adjectives are used without distinction - it all depends on how you use the rules or justify them in the fluff. Even the Provenances are short-hand names for what could represent all manner of differences. The rules provided by Alchem Jackers are described as being chemical enhancements and drugging, but also fanatical determination, insanity or plain stubbornness as a byproduct of particular worlds, much the same for "Feral Warriors" merely being a catch-all term for being better in close quarters - it could be cloth-wearing barbarians with axes or a pseudo-WW1 force with a strong tradition of trench warfare and fighting by bayonet and other melee implements as the decisive element of war. 

I suspect (and hope) the list will be expanded upon over time ala the Mechanicum with more provenances and unit entries (Grav tanks, if you'd be so kind), perhaps with an eventul "Excertus Imperialis" list combining elements like the Taghmata Omnissiah, but for now consider this as the Army equivalent to the generic Crusade Legion list - it can create facsimiles of any kind of force imaginable, but lacks some key defining elements. 

Does the Millitia list have any options for Tank Commanders or any options for running a "armored warfare" style army?

I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a viable Armoured Company-style list to be made from the options available. The tanks in the list appear to be either heavy support or LoW choices (besides the Gorgon which is taken as a Dedicated Transport).

Atia, could you give me glimpse of the WB chapters mentioned in the fluff? Especially the ones mentioned on the decal sheet:

Unspeaking, Graven Star, Flayed Hand. Ordered today, can't wait ...

Atia, could you give me glimpse of the WB chapters mentioned in the fluff? Especially the ones mentioned on the decal sheet:

Unspeaking, Graven Star, Flayed Hand. Ordered today, can't wait ...

From my flick through I don't think there's any fluff about the chapters. There's a list of the ones present and heraldry for some of them.

Does the Millitia list have any options for Tank Commanders or any options for running a "armored warfare" style army?

I could be wrong, but there doesn't seem to be a viable Armoured Company-style list to be made from the options available. The tanks in the list appear to be either heavy support or LoW choices (besides the Gorgon which is taken as a Dedicated Transport).

To bad, I guess we´ll have to keep using Solar auxilia for that until FW ad those options to the Militia list.

I suspect (and hope) the list will be expanded upon over time ala the Mechanicum with more provenances and unit entries (Grav tanks, if you'd be so kind), perhaps with an eventul "Excertus Imperialis" list combining elements like the Taghmata Omnissiah, but for now consider this as the Army equivalent to the generic Crusade Legion list - it can create facsimiles of any kind of force imaginable, but lacks some key defining elements. 

I spoke with Alan Bligh at length regarding the Militia list. He mentioned that it's very likely that the list will form the basis for other Imperial Army regiments such as the Prospero Spireguard, so we can expect updates periodically.

Now that the event is over, and Tempest has been released, this thread is being closed. Other Threads can be opened for new questions to those who have the book, of course, in the relevant sections (ie, rules questions in HH rules, etc). 

Having said that, now that the book is out for sale, there are no longer 'Rumours' about Tempest, nor of it's rules. Any further images of rules, or solicitation thereof, will be treated as an IP Violation from this point further, and any further such topics, images, or posts concerning Tempest that step over the B&C's Forum Rules on Intellectual Property will be given an Olympian Greeting.

=][=

Archived