ETL IV Angels of Absolution Updates (GrandMasterSapphon)

TheHyperion

Hello Brothers!

This is where I will be posting my pictures when I do something with my models for ETL. I expect my painting quality to be poor so critique is expected and very much wanted! I am doing this to make sure I am on track with meeting my painting deadlines! My first update is... sticking them into green stuff for two days cleaning the models each day! Enjoy! I will hopefully start painting for real tomorrow night.

Thanks in advance

~Sapphon

http://imgur.com/fqvKeNs,tmxuBdZ#0

http://imgur.com/fqvKeNs,tmxuBdZ#1

http://imgur.com/lp3Z8QW

Also for some reason I cannot post pictures on the forum, I clicked image (while writing the post) and threw the image url in, and it said I don't have permission(obviously) so if someone is a wizard and can tell me how to upload pics I would very much appreciate it!

Edit:

IMG 3666

IMG 3667

IMG 3672

Hello Unforgiven!

I currently have just basecoated my test model very very thinly with Zandri dust, I know this is the first step on a long road to completion but I am excited, I will post pictures later tonight after I wash it with Aggrax Earthshade!(well just send the imgur link cause i cant post pics?....)

[quote

Also for some reason I cannot post pictures on the forum, I clicked image (while writing the post) and threw the image url in, and it said I don't have permission(obviously) so if someone is a wizard and can tell me how to upload pics I would very much appreciate it!

Did you upload them to the gallery first? I've had this issue posting from the iPad and tried multiple things, resorted to uploading them from the gallery using my PC.

In other news... Almost completely done cleaning up the mold lines and sprue tags on my DWK squad, is there anything more tedious than the Knights front torsos and robes? Crickey it's taking me forever!

Can't wait to see some progress!

To add the pictures there is an icon to the left of the "<>".  Click on it and a box appears.  Just paste the link to the image in that and voila! Picture posted!

Please refer to picture below and "click'r there b'y!!!"

Picture%2Bicon.jpg

Just read the rest of your post.  I guess the screen capture and instructions were a waste of time.

Alternately, you can upload them from your hard disk to your Gallery here (link is off your profile in the very upper left corner of the page), and then use the "My Media" button to add them to a post.

IMG 3682

IMG 3684

IMG 3685

Alternately, you can upload them from your hard disk to your Gallery here (link is off your profile in the very upper left corner of the page), and then use the "My Media" button to add them to a post.

I am trying that right now hopefully this works biggrin.png

edit]: this worked! thank you so much! This is the progress I have made so far, I applied Abbadon Black to the winged areas, I plan to shade them with nuln oil and then either drybrush or edge highlight with eshin gray to make the backpack and wings a more gray color. I took inspiration from their chapter logo as the angels of absolution wing is also a black/gray color.... Hopefully I am on the right track!

~Sapphon

Its funny what you don't notice until you take a picture. You are off to a great start!

Thank you! I totally went back and painted up and touched up some areas after seeing that pic, Ill post the pictures when I get home.

OK so here is my update for the day so far! I have painted all the metal bits and went over everything that was black again as it was not as dark as I would like. I then went and tested re coating the areas I shaded with Ushabti bone. Overall this is the first painting I have done that isnt completely terrible >.>. I believe my problem in the past is that I never thinned down the paints enough. Anyways here are the pics! Enjoy ( or not and tell me why ;) ) The first picture is what I am shooting for (yes I know its not a model but it is what I am basing my scheme off of for reference).

IMG 3683

IMG 3686

IMG 3689

I believe my problem in the past is that I never thinned down the paints enough. 

This particular color scheme (or Deathwing) is a real eye-opener to that fact, isn't it?  I always thought I thinned my paints enough in the pot, but when I started using a palette and being able to see the consistency better, I realized I wasn't even close.

It may take several very thin coats but the result is a smooth finish that's got plenty of color without thickness.

I believe my problem in the past is that I never thinned down the paints enough.

This particular color scheme (or Deathwing) is a real eye-opener to that fact, isn't it? I always thought I thinned my paints enough in the pot, but when I started using a palette and being able to see the consistency better, I realized I wasn't even close.

It may take several very thin coats but the result is a smooth finish that's got plenty of color without thickness.

I actually realized it when I used the simple green to take off all the layers of paint I had slapped on previous and realized that I could see the little skull eyes again biggrin.png

IMG 36992

IMG 3704

Sorry it took so long, finals week at school. My first test model( and fairly successful paint) is near completion! I am semi proud of it, it is definitely a good step in the right direction, but I guess practice makes perfect :D. I have very little left to do on this guy besides basing him and a few minor painting things to help make him stand out! Enjoy(hopefully) :D

~Sapphon

It's looking pretty good!  I like the look of the bone colored bike.  What did you use for paint on the bolter casings and the feathers? 

It's looking pretty good!  I like the look of the bone colored bike.  What did you use for paint on the bolter casings and the feathers?

bolter casing is abaddon black with lead belcher on the metal bits and a eshin grey drybrush on the edges, the feathers are basecoated in abaddon black then I used nuln oil, and then an eshin grey drybrush.

IMG 3705

Hello! I have to clean it up but this is the first ever model I can be slightly proud of(I think?) I also have to base it a bit but what do you guys think? I am open to criticism! 

Thanks!

~Sapphon

Ok my .02

I like the bone color you have going on there but to me it looks like there is still something unfinished about it. Maybe it needs an additional highlight or another contrasting color.

oh and drill out your barrels! msn-wink.gif

Great job overall! I've put off my bikes for a potential 2nd ETL vow if I get to it as they can be a beast to paint.

Ok my .02

I like the bone color you have going on there but to me it looks like there is still something unfinished about it. Maybe it needs an additional highlight or another contrasting color.

oh and drill out your barrels! ;)

I echo Space Truckin's comments. Needs either highlights or one more colour to make the big bone-colour areas not so "dull"/massive.

To be honest I agree, I highlighted all the bone areas with screaming skull but it is barely noticeable, I was thinking dry brush it with white scar or something... this picture isnt the most updated I did some stuff after it but we'll see what it looks like after the dry brushing!

Thanks for the advice!

~Sapphon

IMG 3707

To be honest I am not sure I notice the difference in the picture, but in real life after I dry brushed with white scar it made the model pop alot more with more texture! I also had realized that I forgot to paint his seat so I just painted it mephiston red with an aggrax earthshade wash. Let me know what you guys think as always!

Thanks

~Sapphon

Archived