Tygwyn's ETL IV WIP

Tygwyn

Greetings brothers - thank you for popping by to have a look at my ETL IV WIP.

I am after all the C&C you are prepared to offer; I think I am slowly getting there with this painting lark, but have got a lot to learn and know that there is a lot of real skill, experience and wisdom out there so, have at it!

I haven't been working at high speed compared to some, but here is the first part of my first vow completed - my first ever LS Typhoon.  I have magnetized the missile launchers and the MM so they can be switched out - I have also put a magnet underneath so I could run it as a Tempest if I fancied it.

LS Typhoon 1.1

LS Typhoon 1.2

LS Typhoon 1.3

LS Typhoon 1.4

I think that I am going to hit the bikes 'batch style' next to try and pick up the pace as I fear that we are lagging behind a little.

For the Lion.

This an awesomely clean miniature!

And I like the base as well. Looks very cool. 

I think something like nuln oil would help the bumper gain some volume or depth. 

I agree! maybe aggrax earthshade for a more brown look?

Thanks for the feedback chaps - I will have another look at the bumper, but think it might just be my direct light source that has washed it out a little. I'm battling with the 'feathers' on my bikes now...

I have done a batch and started at Mechanicus Standard Grey, through Administratum Grey and Ulthuan Grey with White Scars tips. Oh then I had to go back with some well thinned Nuln Oil to tidy up a bit. Might drop one of those out next time...(!)

So, I'm thinking about starting on my Librarian's bike, and wonder what people think for painting/markings on theirs. As the Librarius isn't part of the Ravenwing do you think that they would have their own/DA livery on a blue bike (Libby style) or would that loan a ride from the RW with single winged sword and all?

With my Psyker-Biker conversion, I included Ravenwing elements in its construction (the feathered banner pole on back and the fairing) but also included scrolls and censers.  As for painting it, I am torn.  I've seen some amazing versions of this with a blue bike, and others with the standard Ravenwing black.

My best advice is to prime the bike black and then paint up the Librarian.  See what you think of him on the black bike, and if you decide to go blue, it's easy enough to paint it up from there.

Here's one I really liked - not sure if this painter is here on the B&C:
http://www.paintedminis.co.uk/dark-angels-librarian-bike/

• 1 month later...

Well, I am nearly finished with my First ETL vow - and thought that it was time to drop in a progress update.  I have finished the Attack Bike and the Biker LIbrarian.  I decided to stick with the black bike in the end, despite the Librarius not being part of the Ravenwing.  I figured that they would borrow a bike from there anyway, and the contrast of blue/black looks nice to me!

Biker Librarian 1

MMAB1

Should be able to post my completed vow pics tomorrow or early next week.  Just a few finishing marks to make on the main bike squad.

Here are some of the lads from my 1st ever ETL vow:

Sgt Kushiel leading the team into battle:

Sgt Kushiel (Front)

Sgt Kushiel (Back)

Ready to melt the face of any heretics he finds (but secretly wondering why all his battle brothers keep going on about grav guns, and thinking he should get in on the act.

Melta Biker

Just liked the back of this one - looks like he's burning away from a hit and run.

Bike Brother

This is what a Hammer of Wrath looks like as it turns in to crush you.   Mmmmmm Hunty.

The Hunt Approaches

Archived