Carlson's College of Arms and Graffiti

Barring sponsor feedback, I am marking twiner's Imperial Knights sheet as done. This one was a big job, but only because it includes images for all three Knight chassis - Imperial, Questoris and Cerastus - but I now have a template with the various armor plates sketched out, so further Knight jobs will be easier (he said, hearing the ominous music rising in the background...).

With permission of twinner, I am posting a 'show off' of the sheet he commissioned. It's a rather lo-res image, and has been shrunk significantly (the original is 8.5"x11").

The criteria was he wanted a sheet for his House Hyperion Knights. I pointed out we already had a sheet posted (by Inquisitor Engel), but twinner informed me it wouldn't suit his needs. Reason: he wanted logos scaled for all three Knight chasis. Mixing between Imperial and Questoris Knights wasn't a big deal - even the armour plates that differ are roughly the same size - but the Cerastus Knight chasis is significantly larger (not to mention each type has unique shoulder armour).

The bulk of the final sheet is taken up by decals for the ion shields - all three tilting shields, with Mechanicum Baron Prime heraldry for each.

So, without further ado...

Hidden Content

gallery_80588_10710_22723.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a bit out of it lately. I hit a point on a few commissions where I was loading the file and just staring at the images. So, after a couple unproductive weeks, I decided to do a little work on some of the easier sheets I've got on my plate.

Project 1: Death's Redeemers

Sponsor: Kydoimos

Hidden Content

med_gallery_80588_10710_5544.jpg

Project 2: Forgeworlds

Sponsor: Vel'cona

Hidden Content

med_gallery_80588_10710_1214430.jpg

I've been a bit out of it lately. I hit a point on a few commissions where I was loading the file and just staring at the images. So, after a couple unproductive weeks, I decided to do a little work on some of the easier sheets I've got on my plate.

Project 1: Death's Redeemers

Sponsor: Kydoimos

Hidden Content

med_gallery_80588_10710_5544.jpg

This one is amazing. If this were mine (oh how I wish it were so), I'd prefer no. 3 for its stark simplicity and brutality. I don't suppose.... ?

Project: Forgeworlds

Sponsor: Vel'cona

At first I thought I was going to have an easy time of it: there were only three Forgeworlds that appeared on the bastions map that didn't have their logo shown elsewhere in the Skitarii Codex. Then realized GW has only put out decal sheets for Mars, Ryza, and Metalica... So, here's a sample of the main Forgeworld logos that'll be appearing on Vel'cona's sheets. I need to revisit the Voss Prime logo - the V is too heavy, the teeth on the cog aren't spaced right...

Oh, and I'm gonna be lazy on these. Rather than 'researching' the appropriate colors for each Forgeworld, I'm just gonna do my standard 6 color logos/backgrounds. Should cover all the bases.

Hidden Content

gallery_80588_10710_218427.jpg

Edited by Carlson793

One thing I pointed out to Kydoimos: if neither of the DA wings work for you, I've got a huge source file of other wing options.

No. 3 is perfect. Simple and direct. Killy. "We'll separate the chaff from the wheat, not sit around and draw additional pinion feathers on our chapter symbol."

Not an update on my stuff, as such; just an observation...

Fallout Hobbies Kickstarter ended July 24.

Backer surveys went out July 27.

The downloads-per-day for my decal sheets (yes, I keep a daily spreadsheet...) has jumped from about 16 per day (7/16 - 7/26) to 69 per day (7/27 - 7/29, with 96 on 7/27 alone).

Yeah, okay folks, once those Kickstarter rewards start rolling in, I'm gonna want to see how my work looks on other folks models :biggrin.:

That should be an indicator of the quality of your work.  Hope it's at least giving your graphic design/drafting skills a test!

Trust me, once the FW sheets are finalized I'll be scrambling to stick them to my AdMech army.  :wink:

Have a delay on the Forgeworld logos. Didn't realize until I'd mass duplicated some of them that the resulting files will exceed B&C upload sizes. Luckily, if I'm seeing correctly, the ones causing the problems just need to have certain vectors replaced with an embedded font.

Awome Work! You don´t have any plans for legio mortis???

I have no plans for Legio Mortis at this time, primarily because that's a sheet slated to come out from Forgeworld in the near future (previewed at the Open Day back in June). I may, however, prep a Knight scale sheet after theirs comes out if theirs is scaled for Warhound and larger only.

For those keeping score at home, the current group of Mechanicus/-um Forgeworld logos I'm posted will have 7 entries: Agripinaa, Graia, Gryphonne IV, Lucius, Stygies VIII, Triplex Phall, and Voss Prime. For the other three Forgeworlds - Mars, Ryza, and Metallica - there are already GW produced sheets.

Awome Work! You don´t have any plans for legio mortis???

I have no plans for Legio Mortis at this time, primarily because that's a sheet slated to come out from Forgeworld in the near future (previewed at the Open Day back in June). I may, however, prep a Knight scale sheet after theirs comes out if theirs is scaled for Warhound and larger only.

Awsome!! :D

I grabbed a copy of IA 9 & 10 a few weeks ago. After reading through the campaign sections, I decided to whip up the Maelstrom Warders campaign badge.

Hidden Content

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&record=2360&id=485&full=1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've been sitting on this decision for about a month now. Actually, more a realization/acknowledgement than a decision. Basically, I've hit a brick wall with regards to decal sheet design, and am going to go on hiatus for an undetermined period.

It's one of the hazards of bipolar and ADD: you get gung ho on something for an extended period of time, then without any warning, you lose all interest in it. I've tried a few times over the past month to get back to the sheets I've been working on, but I end up just sitting at the computer, staring at the open file on the screen, and the best I can do is rearrange elements without any real work being done.

I apologize to anyone waiting for a sheet.