Carlson's College of Arms and Graffiti

So, in looking up the logo for a commission, I came across a load of Space Marine chapters that either aren't in the files here, or are older files that could use some tweaking (like color backgrounds for 'white paper' printing). Many of these are just conversions of campaign badges to chapter logos. The ones I've found are:

• Dragon Lords (ready to load)
  • Brazen Skulls
  • Dark Crusaders
  • Dark Eagles
  • Dark Hunters
  • Death Eagles
  • Death Strike
  • Destroyers
  • Doom Eagles
  • Doom Warriors
  • Fire Lords
  • Imperius Reavers
  • Inceptors
  • Iron Snakes
  • Knights Eternity
  • Knights of the Chalice
  • Knights of Dorn
  • Marauders
  • Rampagers
  • Red Talons
  • Red Templars
  • Revilers
  • Sons of Dorn
  • Sons of Guilliman
  • Storm Falcons
  • Storm Reapers
  • Subjugators
  • Warrior Adepts
  • Warriors Tempest
  • White Templars

Anybody know of any I may have missed that aren't in the Downloads section?

Edited by Carlson793

Carlson793 do you take requests?

was looking for something like this emblem ... 

710x528_15264763_9064099_1496989295.jpg

So basically Imperial Fists logo on a Maltese Cross, correct? Do you want the palm filled in or open as shown in the pic? And what chapter name are you using for the chapter (for filing the upload)?

I have a request if it wouldn't be too difficult.

The sword from the Dark Angels icon, but with Raven Guard wings instead.

Would that be doable?

It's for my custom Raven Guard successor, the Warshrikes.

No hurry on it at all, I'm still trying to figure out the paint scheme.

I can get it whipped up today so it's ready when you decide on colors.

Whoa. Thanks, dude!.

The pads are going to be black, and I was thinking silver for the icon.

Whoa. Thanks, dude!.

The pads are going to be black, and I was thinking silver for the icon.

Unless you have an APLS printer, which has a silver ink cartridge, you're either going to have to go the NMM route the simulate silver (which might not look too good), or use a specific technique to achieve an actual silver logo. Luckily, it's not too hard...

Basically, I'll prep the sheet as white logo on black background. When you print to clear decal paper, the white areas will remain transparent.

Before applying the decal, paint your pad silver. Trim the decal from the sheet with a good bit of black around it. When you apply the decal, the silver will show through the transparent portions. Then just use some black paint to blend the black edges of the decal into your background.

And while we're at it, you were wanting something like this?:

med_gallery_80588_10710_29498.jpg

Yep. That's pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

Cool cool. Just let me know what color you want, and I'll get it posted.

Wait, sorry... already discussed. Brain catching up to me now.

Edited by Carlson793

Carlson793 do you take requests?

was looking for something like this emblem ... 

So basically Imperial Fists logo on a Maltese Cross, correct? Do you want the palm filled in or open as shown in the pic? And what chapter name are you using for the chapter (for filing the upload)?

I was planning on using this for my primaris "Indomitus Crusade" consisting of Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, and Templars.  

I thought this decal would make a great symbol for my combined forces. 

So the decal will be going over yellow IF pads, blue CF pads, and white/black Templar pads.

Oh, also some vehicles of those colors.

What do you suggest for colors?  I have some white decal paper so printing white can work for me (i know that I just need to trim the decals very close to avoid any white edges).

What do you (and anyone else) think of a crimson/red fist on a black cross inside a white circle with a black outline.  That way I can print it on white decal paper and would only need to trim out circles instead of intricate fist/crosses.

I thought this decal would make a great symbol for my combined forces.

I was planning on using this for my primaris "Indomitus Crusade" consisting of Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, and Templars.

So the decal will be going over yellow IF pads, blue CF pads, and white/black Templar pads.

Oh, also some vehicles of those colors.

What do you suggest for colors? I have some white decal paper so printing white can work for me (i know that I just need to trim the decals very close to avoid any white edges).

What do you (and anyone else) think of a crimson/red fist on a black cross inside a white circle with a black outline. That way I can print it on white decal paper and would only need to trim out circles instead of intricate fist/crosses.

RE: White paper - An alternative, and one I build into the files I do, is printing to white paper with a color background. You don't need to trim as close, and after application you can blend your decal into the model by painting the colored edges with your background color. It's what I did to get the gold raptor on the missile pod of my Deredeo.

gallery_80588_10505_247855.jpg

I'll work up the alternative logo you described, just to see how it looks.

What do you (and anyone else) think of a crimson/red fist on a black cross inside a white circle with a black outline. That way I can print it on white decal paper and would only need to trim out circles instead of intricate fist/crosses.

Okay, let's try this on for size. Red fist, black Maltese cross, white circle with black stroke. Placed on Blue, white, and yellow backgrounds to give an idea how it will look on each chapters colors.

gallery_80588_10710_446332.jpg

I think you're getting close.

What about half of the red fist next to half of maltese cross, side by side? Also still not sure of the blue/white/yellow backfield. I need to think about that a little more.

I do think you are on to something here though.

I think you're getting close.

What about half of the red fist next to half of maltese cross, side by side? Also still not sure of the blue/white/yellow backfield. I need to think about that a little more.

I do think you are on to something here though.

The blue/white/yellow is just to give an idea of what the logo will look like against each background color without creating a separate image for each color. In the final file, there would be selectable layers for each chapters background color, with another layer with just the logo. Want the logo on an Imperial Fist? Leave the Yellow and Logo layers on, turn the others off.

As for dividing the fist, I don't think it'd work. Unless you have it black half/red half (for Imperial-/Crimson-), you'll 1) have a bunch of random shapes that don't amount to anything, and 2) have ominous military/psychological implications (logo divided = chapter divided). A similar superstition exists on US military uniforms, where the US flag is backwards (stars on the right) on the right shoulder, the implication being the troops are "always moving forward, never retreating".

Love this resource!

Can I please make a request for the new Warmongers or Sky Sentinels - essentially the same logo, but they're a bit different to the original Warmongers

I was thinking printing on a clear background and painting the skull white (and keep it in the lines like when I was younger)

Cheers!

Getting ready to head out the door, but it should be easy enough to modify my current Warmongers version to this. Probably be easiest to post it under Sky Sentinels, but include colored background layers and a not that it can do double duty for Warmongers. 

Love this resource!

Can I please make a request for the new Warmongers or Sky Sentinels - essentially the same logo, but they're a bit different to the original Warmongers

I was thinking printing on a clear background and painting the skull white (and keep it in the lines like when I was younger)

Cheers!

Getting ready to head out the door, but it should be easy enough to modify my current Warmongers version to this. Probably be easiest to post it under Sky Sentinels, but include colored background layers and a not that it can do double duty for Warmongers. 

Thanks Carlson - no rush by any means. I do appreciate your help. I was looking for the template but couldn't fine it.

My only critique of the Warmongers that is currently available (apart from colours), is the sword looks too short, or the skull looks to big

Just wanted to say that your work is brilliant Carlson, seriously incredible stuff!

As soon as I can find a place to print decals (no idea how to do it myself) I'll be grabbing some of those amazing Campaign Badges! :drool:

@Carlson793 Thank you so much.  It's exactly what I've asked for ... I'm just wondering if it doesn't make the Crimson Fists too prominent and the Imperial Fists not prominent enough (since the Indomitus Crusade is being led by the IF according to GW).

@Honda (and anyone else) .... do you think the Fist should be Imperial Fist and the circle be red for Crimson Fist instead?

As soon as I can find a place to print decals (no idea how to do it myself) I'll be grabbing some of those amazing Campaign Badges! :drool:

It's a lot easier than you think. Lots of resources available including this topic on B+C (second post has links) and then there is a 20 minute YouTube vid by Art of War. Even if you don't have a printer, office supply stores could do it for you.

Edited by Brother Greg

@Carlson793 Thank you so much. It's exactly what I've asked for ... I'm just wondering if it doesn't make the Crimson Fists too prominent and the Imperial Fists not prominent enough (since the Indomitus Crusade is being led by the IF according to GW).

@Honda (and anyone else) .... do you think the Fist should be Imperial Fist and the circle be red for Crimson Fist instead?

Not sure how this would play out, but perhaps have two separate layers each for the fist and circle, with red and white layers for each. Stacked correctly in the layering, it would allow you to select whether you wanted Imperial Fist dominant (white fist, red circle) or Crimson Fist dominant (red fist, white circle). But that might indicate a certain divisiveness within the crusade, which is never a good idea.

Then again, white fist/red circled does have a certain something...

gallery_80588_10710_524152.jpg