Carlson's College of Arms and Graffiti

My only critique of the Warmongers that is currently available (apart from colours), is the sword looks too short, or the skull looks to big

Ehh... It's to scale with the logo I was provided with. Course, as with all things 40K, things change.

Carlson, didn't realise this had been uploaded. Looks tops! Now I guess I need to fulfil my part of the bargain and paint some troops! Much appreciated!

And apologies if this has been asked before, but how do you "turn off" the background on a .pdf? And is there any way you can change the colours of a .pdf (I want to change the tactical badges for the right shoulder pad from black to a dark blue)

Cheers

Edited by Brother Greg

And apologies if this has been asked before, but how do you "turn off" the background on a .pdf? And is there any way you can change the colours of a .pdf (I want to change the tactical badges for the right shoulder pad from black to a dark blue)

If using Adobe Acrobat or Reader, go to View -> Show/Hide -> Navigation Panes -> Layers. Click off the 'eye' logo for any layers you don't want to see/print.

Once the PDF is created, there's no direct way to change colors (at least, no easy way I'm aware of). You need to open the source file in an editor like Illustrator or InkScape, change the color there, then re-export the PDF. That said, the Space Marine Squad Markings sheet I did has different color layers for the logos, including Blue.

• 3 weeks later...

Foer those who have followed my decal sheet antics for a while, you know I keep a Google Drive for my work. Originally it was intended to house the files I was producing that were too large to upload to the B&C servers, but since it's become my primary store for all my decal production files (makes it easier to build files at both home and work).

From time-to-time, however, I get an idea for a decal sheet, but never pursue it for the simple fact it's not 40K related. I've teased at least one in the past (a Knight House called Heterodyne, based on Phil Foglio's Girl Genius comic), and have actually posted one from a commission (the Red Shadows sheet, based on the UK version of the 80s G.I. Joe figures). Today, however, I've added my first finished non-40K sheets to my Google Drive (in a folder named, appropriately enough, 'Non-40K files'). I blame it on 1) the second-hand Axis walkers I bought for Dust 1947 that arrived with a certain cephalpodian logo on them and 2) spending the last few weeks watching a certain movie series at home and its spin-off TV series at work. Either, I think, would work well on some mixed-genre 40K models (one for Chaos, most likely an Alpha Legion successor; the other perhaps best as Inquisition). I hope you enjoy.

med_gallery_80588_10710_303648.jpg med_gallery_80588_10710_30860.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carlson,

Would it be too much to ask for some of your decal wizardry at all? Beyond a bit of recolouring my image manipulation skills suck.

Ideally I'm looking for two sheets using the skull and cross bones logo for my chapter badge, one in black and one in bone against black. I've hunted round but couldn't find anything here or on your Google drive.

Bone on Black and plain black

Thanks

Edited by zethliss

• 2 months later...

Hey Carlson! Are you still active? If so I was wondering if you could do a sheet of the lion's heads from the Solar Auxilia decals in white? They appear to be too tiny for marines on Forgeworld's sheet, and I would like to use them for my space marines.

This is the one I had in mind, can't seem to find a higher resolution of the image:

gallery_13174_14033_2534.jpg

Thanks so much!