Red Corsairs CSM army WIP (new - Blood Disciples p.4)

• 3 months later...

Lately my W40K zeal were burned out and I took "vacation" into scale modelling world. After three months and finished M1A2 Abrams tank in 1/35 scale and two Bf-109 Messerschimtt's in 1/72 scale my wargaming interests returned.

Here is latest addition to Chaos Space Marine army - Helbrute in "the Tainted" warband colours.

I've made this model from "Dark Vengeance" starter Helbrute and some parts (TL Lascannon barrels and  left arm with Power Surge) from Chaos Helbrute box. It is a very nice model and I have had a pure pleasure painting it.

Jst9G65-B2I.jpg

hz9vqWyCJR0.jpg

4Hdya65EHFE.jpg

1t2NS_irYf4.jpg

Really cool Brute :wink:

Awesome hellbrute. Glad to have you back :biggrin.:

Wow, that daemon-flesh is awesome looking!

Thank you, guys! Now I am working on my third Helbrute. This one will be with Red Corsairs insignia. I think the Corsairs deserves their own Helbrute despite it's craziness and daemonic possession fluff.

• 2 weeks later...

My third Helbrute, this one in the "Red Corsairs" colours, was finished yesterday.

To my surprise new Chaos space marines decals sheet contains some love for Red Corsairs warband. The decals are very good and with little help from Tamyia "Mark fit" fixing fluid they fitted the model smoothly.

XP75XUtVOiM.jpg

LraqKhvej-s.jpg

6J0rUDzDhko.jpg

UHm551zShm8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My latest recruits here - two heavy bolter armed Havocs squads.

the "Hairy heads":

ZISj0ysBW5c.jpg

and the "Horny heads":

Jtdd8YcqSLk.jpg

I also has assembled and primed 20 man Chaos Cultist squad with autoguns and 2 heavy stubbers, quater-painted Heldrake and plans for 20 man strong Thousand sons squad with two Sorcerers, Icon Bearer and Ahriman. But it is too early to show something from these models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

At last ETL 5 started. I've pledge for the first vow the following models:

Heldrake (Baleflamer) - 170 pts
20 x Chaos Cultists (17 x Autogun, 2 x Heavy Stubber, Shotgun) - 119 pts

Total - 289 pts.

This year I'll try to fullfill several small (in points) vows for the glory of Chaos!

CT3zx4eCs7s.jpg

i8pkO81n5C4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Quite a fine collection you have here!

I really like those patterns on the armour like with the "tainted" Hellbrute or the Claws of Lorek guys.

Your faces look quite "pretty" to me, too, in lack of a better word.

• 3 weeks later...

It was a daunting task to paint 20 models costing only 119 points game wise, but I manage it. I even don't told myself every day "Keep calm and continue painting" :biggrin.: . May be it is from my current aptitude to painting which sound like "Let see what happens, don't bother with results" . I also like the outcome very much, especially rusted weapons.

32UsovY3cdI.jpg

zXzpQJc9YyY.jpg

Next stop - Prospero's Sons - starting with Ahriman and 9 strong Thousand Sons squad.

ysNWZXnofDk.jpg

• 1 month later...

And the Ahriman and his 9 Thousand sons are done:

cAEjzb9c0Q0.jpg

fhH50VFNCD4.jpg

In the end I am very happy with overall result - mainly because strong contrast between blue metallic and gold I had achieved (exactly as planned). The loincloths are somewhat bad, all other model details seem ok.

For those who interested:

- base coat - black primer;

- main color - Tamyia XF-13 Metallic Blue enamel (note what the resulting coating is very slick. Acrilyc paints simply runs away. You need apply a little layer of matt varnish before you start using acrylic paints);

- I also use oil based washes to make shadows. Before oil you need apply a layer of gloss varnish (or white spirit will eat all your paint job straight up to the plastic parts). And a layer of matt varnish after that (oil paint dries slowly and you need something to keep them in place).

Chaos doesn't stop and he Called to me again. During Call to Chaos autumn competition I plan to paint:

- 3 man terminator squad

- 10 man thousand sons squad

- 1 chaos sorcerer

- 5 man CSM squad.

Terminators and 1000 Sons are already assembled and I am ready to start painting right away.

I think we all read something not only to look at pictures of someones miniatures, but to learn a bit and for inspiration. I'll try to give to readers a little more insight into my way of CSM miniatures.

First to paint is the Chaos Terminators squad:

36yoBUyCBVs.jpg

I want them to be from the Hakanor's Reavers warband.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/d/d7/Hakanor%27sReavers2.jpg

Not much are known about these warriors except:

The armour of these warriors burns with a magical heat, causing it to constantly crack and reform like lava.

Keeping this plethora of knowledge in my mind I already build the models (note the green stuff "circles" under their feet). Let's see what will happen next...

Edited by BadSanta

I had a plan to use Agrellan Earth technical paint to make cracked surfaces on lower half of terminator armour. Having them should been make following painting easier - simply pour appropriate colours in to the recesses.

And how my plan went? Of course it has failed (because plan can't meet with the reality and remain alive):
EHEn09ptFrg.jpg

I don't really know right now how to make the lava cracks but I will continue with painting today.

Edited by BadSanta

Wow, great log, I love the direction you're taking with them so far, I've always liked the idea of Huron being surrounded by his 'loyal' Red Corsairs and then having lots of other traitors andvarious warbands in his corner.

As for the cracking effect on the armour, i've recently seen this;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKBgq9kjBIn/?taken-by=ajuntapaulpal

Hopefully that is of some help or inspiration.

Edited by Dorn Lysander