Dreamforge's Panzerjagers and how they compare to GW's SoBs

So I promised LySiMachus last year I would post a pic of Dreamforge's newest model infantry kit when I got it and to show one next to SoB models. They recently released them & the boxes came in today so I threw one together immediately. I'll some proper converting later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/trex238/Comparison_zpslaxyke9n.jpg

This is just a stock figure with a SM powerpack & a boltgun. On the right is one of the few survivors of my old WH days. On the left is an old attempt at converting plastic sisters. I ended up scraping her & her squad as I wasn't happy with how it was turning out. She's just included for scale/comparison purposes. That said the two are similar in height. The attempted conversion is squatting like GW loves doing & if she were standing up like the Panzerjager (and on a base of course) they'd be the same height.

Ok so for those wanting to do a Sisters converted force with these as the basis, absolutely doable. Its been pointed out in both fluff & table top that non-enhanced humans prefer form fitting power armor & really they look like they could have the same thickness as far as armor goes. I would recommend some green stuff additions though, the fabric for instance. Maxmini has some fun gothic power packs which would fit the SoB aesthetic. For heads I recommend replacements as all the heads are covered be it hat, helmet or all encompassing mask/helmets.

I'll do some experimenting over the week & show what else I find interesting though if anyone wants to suggest something specific I'll see if I can do it.

Thanks Malus!

Agreed on the need for more cloth and different heads, but it definitely looks like a suitable base to start from. I also think I'd probably try to shorten the casing of the bolter, maybe take out the thickness of one or two of the insets on the grip (if that makes sense?)

Edit: the only other thing I might change is to cut out the extenders between the main piece and vent balls on the backpack, just to shrink the shape of it down a touch? It's not massively too big for the model as is, but might look better just a touch smaller?

Another thread came up recently discussing these again, in it I wondered about turning the helmeted heads from the kit into sabbat pattern sisters helms (file down the lip on the bowl of the helm, add a GS piece over the eyes and forehead?), having the minis to hand do you think this would be workable? Might save some cash on not having to buy new heads for every squad member?

As a aside, do you happen to have any of the current (non squatting) Tac Marines for a scale pic?

Sorry about the delay, its been a busy week at work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/trex238/Comparison2_zpsnuutodiv.jpg

Here's the test model between a standard marine & Vorn Hagan. Hagan is the same size as the BA Sanguinary Priest which should be as big or bigger as the new Tactical Marines.

Also I found out the Scout torso fits perfectly with the Panzerjager legs. I'm thinking of using it to represent the armored torso for power armor. For example:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/trex238/Comparison3_zpsesvfucsl.jpg

Archived