I actually forgot it quite quickly when my Sorcerer managed to gain a steady 8+ vote on Cool Mini or Not ;)

And my Forgefiend is currently 7.7 too :P

I, Ancient Helveticus, vow my soul to chaos and swear to triple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 3 times 267 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure through year-end and take whatever action deemed necessary to regain favor.

If we vow our souls...do we have to complete the same model as for our first vow? Or just 2-5x the point value of the original vow?

Just multiples the amount of points of your first vow.

Welcome Bearingtheword, Malisteen, Forte, and Ancient Helviticus! You're oaths have been recorded and your souls stored in the Vaults of Chaos!!!

Participation is good, but...

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

I, ChaosRising, vow my soul to Khorne, and promise 2-5x the point value of my original vow. Obviously, as is required by Khorne's laws, I will be doing as much as I can.

On a related side note, I am reluctant to say exactly what multiplier I am aiming for, as there is a plan to repaint and recarpet our entire place in approximately a month (so I'm being told), which means that almost 12 years' worth of "stuff" (GW projects, materials, etc) and non-GW related has to be "evacuated" lest it be mishandled. As a result, some of my painting may be taking a back seat, although I fully intend to complete my current vow of 5 Khornate Warp Talons.

I might have to vow not to throw this bloody Heldrake away! Why I agreed to paint something with all these god damn barroque detail lines on it I'll never know!

I did a heldrake last year. It came out beautifully, but it took more time than my other 4 vows combined (which included one vow of 32 berzerkers). Good luck, and know that we are here to support  you as best as we can.

I might have to vow not to throw this bloody Heldrake away! Why I agreed to paint something with all these god damn barroque detail lines on it I'll never know!

I did a heldrake last year. It came out beautifully, but it took more time than my other 4 vows combined (which included one vow of 32 berzerkers). Good luck, and know that we are here to support  you as best as we can.

Most frustrating part is I've done the first one already and it was fine, but didn't use the wings from the kit.

I'm currently just about finished with the base coat on one side after 4 hours work.

I, Dreadclaw, vow my soul to chaos and swear to quadruple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 4 times 245 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

To be honest, for me the painting the trim on the heldrake, although painstaking, was relatively simple next to putting the damn wings together, and trying to convince them to stay connected to he body :lol: I'm afraid of touching the wings of mine atm due to how much they try to jump off. Of course this may be due to my simplistic painting schemes compared to some of you :D

I'm afraid of touching the wings of mine atm due to how much they try to jump off. Of course this may be due to my simplistic painting schemes compared to some of you biggrin.png

Building and painting have nothing to do with each other. I cheated my build by stuffing the turkey with greenstuff and putting 1,5 mm pins in everything ;)

I'm afraid of touching the wings of mine atm due to how much they try to jump off. Of course this may be due to my simplistic painting schemes compared to some of you :D

Building and painting have nothing to do with each other. I cheated my build by stuffing the turkey with greenstuff and putting 1,5 mm pins in everything ;)

Ah no, I meant my simplistic painting meant the details were far easier, not that it affected the sturdiness. My sentences were mixed up :/

If you can paint a trim in only one colour and a wash, you end up a far stressed person than if you do 3/4 layers. But luckily building and painting are quite different. I probably should have done as you just described, it certainly gives me a few...interesting images. Though I have yet to get into the habit of pinning. Or magnetising and basing for that matter :lol:

“I, thamier, vow my soul to chaos and swear to multiply the points of my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 30 times 115 points for a total of 3500 points completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

I just finished a second vow to add 290 points to my total so far.

How's yours going Mal?

Another 90 points and my Soul Vow is complete. Though I may have 240 points planned at least ;)

I, ChaosRising, vow my soul to Khorne, and promise 2-5x the point value of my original vow. Obviously, as is required by Khorne's laws, I will be doing as much as I can.

On a related side note, I am reluctant to say exactly what multiplier I am aiming for, as there is a plan to repaint and recarpet our entire place in approximately a month (so I'm being told), which means that almost 12 years' worth of "stuff" (GW projects, materials, etc) and non-GW related has to be "evacuated" lest it be mishandled. As a result, some of my painting may be taking a back seat, although I fully intend to complete my current vow of 5 Khornate Warp Talons.

Welcome aboard buddy! Just vow to do your points twice. :tu: How many points was your first vow?

“I, BearingtheWord, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 2 times 334, for a total of at least 668 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

~BtW

VOW COMPLETED!!  877pts from 2 Vows.... and just made a third Vow for another 550pts....

~BtW

Loving the banter on these pages and great pledges from our dark corner of the board. First vow was done, and Vow 2 is 925pts, which is double what I originally vowed. That said, if I get it completed in time, there may be a third. But we'll wait and see. 

Good work guys. Death to the False Emperor!

Welcome aboard buddy! Just vow to do your points twice. thumbsup.gif How many points was your first vow?

Well, considering that Vow #2 already put me past the double marker, how about I go for 4x?

Original vow was 82 pts. Vow 2 (180) + Vow 3 (165) would give me 345 total (4.2x)

Good progress here everyone.

Congratulations are in order to Bearingtheword, who is the first to complete his Soul Vow and with a whopping 209 points to spare.

Well done brother! thumbsup.gif

Considering, however, that you completed it so easily, I say to you and to all those who have not pledged their soul to chaos:

gallery_29004_9703_78134.png

Update:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Soul%20Vow%20Update%201_zps3sar9cgj.jpg

Archived