I am not sure I have that many points worth of miniatures left, as my plan for a Lord of Skulls may have to go to one side to buy my other half the holiday she wanted....

Just to check, my original vow was 705, and I vow double, do I have to complete a second vow of 705 to take me to double the points, or do I have to complete another 1410 points?

I am not sure I have that many points worth of miniatures left, as my plan for a Lord of Skulls may have to go to one side to buy my other half the holiday she wanted....

Just to check, my original vow was 705, and I vow double, do I have to complete a second vow of 705 to take me to double the points, or do I have to complete another 1410 points?

You'll only have to complete another 705 points, I believe, to bring your full total up to double the first vow you made, incouding the points from the first vow

“I, BearingtheWord, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 2 times 334, for a total of at least 668 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.”

~BtW

I, Malisteen, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 2 times 300 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

I, Malisteen, vow my soul to chaos and swear to double my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least 2 times 300 points total completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure until the year-end.

For added incentive. If you fail Mal. Your badge will have my sorcerers face on it. Till year end ;)

Oh, ho! You dare to come after me? I will accept your challenge, you sodden farce of an astartes, provided you rise to the challenge yourself, and make your own Soul Vow, with your own badge of shame to carry the Crimson Eye should you fail!

Oh, ho! You dare to come after me? I will accept your challenge, you sodden farce of an astartes, provided you rise to the challenge yourself, and make your own Soul Vow, with your own badge of shame to carry the Crimson Eye should you fail!

And just as a group on Facebook launch a painting competition too...

Now is the time, Forte! Step forward and face me like an astartes, or reveal your cowardice that all in the subforum may gaze upon it and see you for the worm that I always knew you to be!

Now is the time, Forte! Step forward and face me like an astartes, or reveal your cowardice that all in the subforum may gaze upon it and see you for the worm that I always knew you to be!

Only if you paint using zenithal highlighting, correct osl (as in light only travels in straight lines), glazing, stippling, and colour theory ;)

And yes, I'm kidding on those. Though I will be :P

I'm just trying to plan what for which, when, and how.

Bah, your self-indulgent artistic excesses interest me not, nor does my disdain for them matter in the slightest for this challenge of soul vows. You would be painting against yourself, not against me, vowing to equal again your own paltry 200 point initial vow, not to exceed the jaw dropping feat of 600 total points that I have committed myself to.

So accept my terms! Make your soul vow! Then, if either of us fail where the other succeeds, the fallen party must carry a personalized badge of shame depicting the other's triumphant visage!

AND, if I might be so bold as to add an extra step to this deadly dance of ours, that badge shall be made to link to a post by the victor, wherein they gloat over their rival's downfall!

ACCEPT MY TERMS, FORTÉ!  VOW YOUR SOUL TO CHAOS, AND YOUR SIGNATURE TO ME!

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/quiz/623000/623414_1308304160158_500_291.jpg

Take a gulp, and take a breath, and go ahead, and sign the scroll!!

This is entertaining.

Yeah, but seriously, what did you lot ever do without me? It must have been so dull around here.

I know it's meant to look like this... but it kinda feels a bit like this. laugh.png

Given the size of vows we're feuding over, the latter link is most accurate, yes.

This is entertaining.

Yeah, but seriously, what did you lot ever do without me? It must have been so dull around here.

Actually, come to think of it... where did you go? You kinda just fell off the radar. 

Got busy with work and classes, and frankly I just needed a break from 40k and chaos marines in general.  Plus I had started a few too many different projects, and desperately needed to downsize my collection.

While I was away, I worked on my fantasy army, did a little painting for some warmachine stuff that had been lying around a while, and updated my languishing homestuck liveblog-liveblog.  I also wrote some quasi-erotic fanfiction for my Secret Forbidden Ship of Infinite Shame, but I'm not linking to that stuff here.

Such content would be highly inappropriate for your fragile little minds, and I only mention it so that Forté will know that even by the debauched standards of the Dark Prince, he cannot compare with me.

And there's me trying to figure out an entry for a Facebook comp, the Salute painting competition, learn some new techniques, paint Infinity, Malifaux, and 40k. On top of dealing with work and kids. You're on.

It's not official until you say the words.  Come on, do it, you know you want to!

http://www.cornel1801.com/disney/Little-Mermaid-Poor-Unfortunate-Souls/go-ahead-and-sign-the-scroll.jpg

"I, Forté, vow my soul..."

“I, Forté, vow my soul to chaos and swear to triple my first ETL IV vow, amounting to at least three times 190 points, for a total of 570 points completed on or before August 1st, 2015. Should I fail the forces of chaos and not complete my sworn points, I shall bear the Badge of Failure bearing the Eye of Mals warband and linking to a bragging rights post until the year-end.”

Done.

It most certainly was!  Especially the part where my victorious 1280 point contribution crushed your paltry 1125 point offering.  How it must sting, even now!  The very thought of it keeps me warm at night.

Archived