Modelling the Parthinian Serpent

Hey gang. Just wanted to know if anyone had any good conversion ideas for the White Scars' artifact described in Conquest, the Parthinian Serpent. It's described as a bow that generates its own bolts... I looked through the Warhammer range of bows and nothing really strikes me as orate enough to represent this lost relic of the Dark Age of Technology. Does anyone have any ideas? Because I'm stumped when it comes to converting this thing. 

Take one of those new Mechanicus rifles, and attach a bow flat to is surface. Make some other minor changes, and you got yourself a artifact cross bow. :)

So crazy it just might work! Though looking at the sprue I probably would have to model it mag-locked to the back of the White Scar's plate, since I don't know how I could convincingly make it look like it was held by a full Astartes. Thanks!

A bow that generates it's own bolts...does it also generate a rope of energy to ensnare the targets? Someone was watching too much of the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon from the 80's:

http://fcache.veoh.com/file/f/tl15394795.jpg?h=b5beb14a9266621e21e81bc59f25d004

Archived