Jet Bike List?

Kilofix

Anyone have a good Skyhunter Jet Bike heavy list?

As in; which Legion / RoW and what other Units would be ideal?

Say around the 2K or 3K point level?

Thanks!

I'm planning on a Jetbike command squad and praetor....after I get done all my other character ideas :P

The squad alone costs almost 500 points all together. I've run 3 man squads with a plasma cannon and melta bombs and they do wonders. They won't win you the game, but they can harass your enemy and be used in a tactically proficient manner to tie up units. As for full blown lists...the sky is the limit.

I saw a cool blood Angels legion one a while ago, it had 9 bikers plus a primus medicae on a Jetbike. I'm sure that was hell on earth to deal with :D a T5 2+ save unit with FNP...

Well for pure fluff I'd say White Scars obviously, however legion rules-wise, Emperor's Children with their Rite of War would definitely benefit Jetbike squadrons plus their ability to take sonic shriekers and gain +1 initiative really helps in challenges. Night Lords would also work well with Jetbikes, especially since you could combine them with moving under the cover of a forced night fight and drop podding terror squads. Alpha Legion might be the best though for sheer effectiveness. Legion-wide infiltrate means you could have mobs of meltabomb jetbikes in the enemy deployment zone for a turn one assault form multiple angles. Vicious and horrifying for sure. 

On the equipment side Meltabombs are a go to for the squad for me, as are Volkite Culverins (4 shots at str6 ap4). Plasma cannons are nice but if you jink you can't shoot them which is a bummer as jink is really a life-save with jetbikes due to their large footprint. I usually skip the Sergeant upgrade for the squad as I find the points are better spent elsewhere. The jetbike command squad is brutal for sure, but crazy pricey. If anything just take 3 x 3-man squads with meltabombs and volkite culverins, then stick a jetbike Praetor and a Jetbike Primus Medicae in one unit for your beatstick.

Are we talking pure, or a mix? A ranging XVII Legion Chapter, mixed together with a Fire Raptor and two squads of Ashen Circle to pin down high values while your jetbikes hem up the light armour and infantry, could be a fun, fast, and frantic army.

Especially if you starting mixing Dark Channeling and Daemon Allies into your forces.....

Night Lords, World Eaters or Blood Angels (Furious Charge) at the minute. Currently, their combat potential sucks. Meltabombs, and only a single power weapon means unless you can get more attacks (i,e, Rage), then they're pretty naff. Blood Angels sacrifice attacks for their ability to have S5 charges and the Photonic Blade. 

Night Lords can maybe get an I5 second turn charge with a +1 to wound against enemy infantry with a Chainglaive which is pretty good.

As the rules stand, there are very little legion bonuses to Jetbikes, and without things like Nuncio, they're not a very good force multiplier.

White Scars would be the obvious long term choice. They will certainely get a Jetbike RoW (at least I hope).

If you can get patient enough...

If you cannot wait, I throw you out of the Valallah and laugh at you ! :D

Sons of Horus would be a good shout too I think, with the re roll to reserves you are almost guaranteed to have them come in when you want and since they are extremely bulky a unit of 6 will count as 18 for the purpose of merciless fighter.

For me though they need to get access to power weapons to make them interact better with legion RoW and rules.

People say this about the SoH. The trick is being able to reroll all, not just 1's. If you are reliant on DSing, then you will be taking a MoS or comms relay.

What SoH allows you to do is to build a list with multiple deployment methods and choose if you want to Reserve play, without having to account for a ~100pt tax.

All other legions can do that just not as well. in short, in a reserves list, SoH are no better than

I remember when I first came here a certain Imperial Fist affecianado suggested the likes of IH on Jetbikes, because they'd be super tough.

I'm baaaaack~

>:-)

Archived