Assassinorum - Deathwatch Kill Team

Hi Everyone

I’ve been playing a fair bit of Assassinorum: Execution Force recently and I love it. It’s a really well crafted little game that is great as a “gateway game” to bring in new players as it’s simple, fast paced and atmospheric. 

If there is one criticism I agree with it’s that not having double sided or more modular boards makes it a little repetitive. I might try creating some more boards but for now I’m tinkering with who fights whom.

Presented below are my draft rules for a Deathwatch Killl Team. I know Drask isn’t Xenos but I like to think that presented with a dire threat to the Imperium The Emperor’s Finest do not just shrug and say, “Not my department”. If you disagree, just make them Sternguard from your chapter of choice.

I have done initial playtesting but all suggestions and feedback welcome. The Space Marines’ baseline stats are based on those of the Chaos Space Marine adversaries. I have assumed that their lower Resilience represents the fact that they are not as elusive as the Assassins. In order to at least match the Chaos Marines their combat prowess is quite significant so I have slightly reduced their speed to represent their increased bulk relative to Assassins.

Librarian

Resilience: 5+

Stamina: 2

Actions:

Move 5

Sprint D6

Genhanced Heal: 3+

Shoot with Smite: 2*D6

Fight with Force Sword: 2*D6+2

Abilities

Cloud Mind: Renegades do not have LoS if the Librarian is more than 6 squares away.

Psi Heal: May use his Heal ability on an adjacent space marine.

Tactics

Primaris Tactic: Prescience – Discard and re-draw one Event Card just drawn.

Omegon Tactic: Psi-Shock – All Renegades within 6 squares are stunned until the beginning of the next Space Marine phase. Librarian suffers one wound.

Note: The Librarian counts as a Culexus for the purposes of Event Cards, representing his enhanced mental resilience and the effects of his Psychic Hood.

Sergeant

Actions:

Move 5

Sprint D6

Shoot with Bolter: 2*D6+1

Fight with Power Sword:  D6+2

Abilities

Parry: In a Fight, you may force the Renegade to re-roll one die of your choice.

War Cry: Cultists making a Reaction Attack against the Sergeant suffer a -1 penalty to their Shoot/Fight rolls.

Tactics

Primaris Tactic: Auspex – When the Sergeant reveals a room shuffle the revealed room cards into the deck and re-draw.

Omegon Tactic: Inspiring Leader – Activate at the start of the Marine phase. All Marines within 6 squares including the Sergeant may re-roll any and all dice this phase.

Space Marine with Heavy Bolter

Actions:

Move 5

Sprint D6

Shoot with Heavy Bolter: 3*D6+1

Fight with Combat Knife:  D6+1

Abilities

Full Auto: When a Shoot action kills a Renegade, may immediately fire again at another target within Line of Sight and Range. Continue until a Shoot action fails to kill its target or there are no more targets. All Renegades On Patrol within 12 squares go On Alert.

Tactics

Primaris Tactic: Overwatch – Each time a Renegade moves into a square within Line of Sight and Range make a Shoot attack. Remains in effect until the Space Marine moves.

Omegon Tactic: Fire from the hip – make a free Shoot attack with 3*D6-1 after moving.

Space Marine Breacher

Resilience: 6+

Actions:

Move 5

Sprint D6

Shoot with Bolter: 2*D6+1

Fight with Combat Knife:  D6+1

Abilities

Shield: 5+ save against attacks from Renegades in Line of Sight.

Furious Charge: +2 to Movement

Tactics

Primaris Tactic: Momentum – After killing a Renegade immediately make a free Sprint action towards the nearest Renegade and then make free Fight action if possible, otherwise make a free Shoot action.

Omegon Tactic: Breaching Charge! Target an adjacent model. Hit on D6. If successful, cause 3 Wounds.

Archived