21st Company, XIIth Legion

Daemon2027

'We might as well drop Cyclonic Missiles on that planet, would be more humane then letting the XIIth Legion loose on that planet' - Heard on the bridge of the Terran Glory during the compliance of Hundred and Third Fifteen.

“There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs.” - credited to a Mercan Author M.1

The nails effects us all differently. For the majority of us the difference is negligible. Some of us can resist the effects to a greater degree, others less so. Then there is Kounnar. From the moment the nails were implanted, he has not spoken, he does not join use in the pits, he does not have a squad. He shows no signs of the nails, no twitching, no howling, no blood lust. But when he is on the battlefield he is a storm of pure fury. He fights where the battle is thickest, he brings anarchy even in the midst of the chaos of battle. His actions have won us battles, frak, if we were not a broken Legion he would be considered a hero. Yet we call him cursed, doomed to forver hold the rage of the XIIth inside. He could hold the key to unlocking the potential of the nails within the Astartes, he could turn us into a Legion of controlled fury. But we are Broken, and no one cares.

18019410851_1a21db74bd_z_d.jpg

Centurion Kounnar, the Silent, the Cursed, 21st Company, Moritat designation.

• 2 weeks later...

I love it! brutal as all get out! Moar!!! I demand moar!!!!

More is coming, slowly, but coming.

Dude why do you do this to me.

Just send me that model

Lol, if you had flown into Heathrow T4 I would have made something for you as a welcome to England.

Yessssss. It must be mine. Now you're really making me want to convert one up for my BA.

Do it, Moritats are fun models to work on due to their nature. I imagine them as outsiders and merciless.

:cuss yeah!!!!

Way to step out onto the bloody sand of the arena, good sir!

Thanks, I'm happy he fits the feel of the XIIth

I really like that bit of fluff too.

Thanks, hoping to bring more back ground for the 21st Company as it grows.

Awesome :-0

Way to go mate

Cheers mate, hoping to stick with the World Eaters for a while.

Cohort XXI, Legio XII

The 12th Legion often operated as one, making it easier to direct and control the wrath of the legion, and contain the often bloody after effects of the savage legion. However, as with all the legions, some cohorts had been raised for a particular task which led to them being used away from the main body of the legion.

The 21st had initially been raised as siege breakers. The natural ferocity of the Warhounds was noted as perfect for the close combat nature of siege warfare, and were often employed where time was of the essence. The cost was often high, especially once the implantation of the nails had been initiated, so the Company often took whatever they could from conquered populations. As the Great Crusade came to the close the 21st Comapny size had rapidly reduced, leaving a core of veteran fighters used to fighting forlorn hopes, and surviving against great odds.

The 21st was attached to the 79th Epeditionary fleet which was pushing through Ork controlled space in the North Western edge of the Galaxy. Led by a Rougue Trader, a disgraced former member of the Saturn Admiralty, and made up of several penal legions, and regiments from backwater worlds, as well as indentured regiments of the Lacyraemara cult. As the 21st oathed their to fight for the Warmaster the 79th followed suit.

Crassiux Veteran Squad

17764523683_31882e72a5_z_d.jpg

Sgt Crassiux was one of the oldest NCO's in the 21st, and held a prominent position in the Cohorts warrior lodge, a fact reflected by the bone horns attached to,his helm, and the skulls hung from the squads Vexilia. While disabling was present throughout the Cohort, uniformity amongst the troops was not as important, so each Legionaire presented as they saw fit, equipping themselves how they pleased.

18385136995_c880f57ae4_z_d.jpg

The chaos of battle communication.was always hard on communications so those issued with vox's often integrated extra equipment to improve their ability to keep lines of communication open, often with little success, especially as the nails often took over the marines actions.

Thank you Jud Cottrell, I just need to get 8 half more built and painting will begin.

Kurama, I will see if I can make it into Lndon when the mes lets you off her lease :)

Ok, so mini update, well more a question, I got the Chaos World Eater upgrade, not sure if the helms work or not. Am considering GS'ing the ridge on top, to make it more standard. Thoughts my good hobbyist's.

18656882586_a7919fa07f_z_d.jpg

Archived