Dark Mechanicus Colour Scheme

Lucio

So with the new releases for Adeptus Mechanicus, and me coming to the end of my Chaos Space Marine army "want list", I'm thinking that it'd be interesting to build a combined R&H force, with a strong Dark Mechancius section.

For now, I'd have to use the rules in the books (so a force of Astra Millitarium, Adeptus Mechanicus and Skittari) but I want to keep them as a part of my Chaos collection, and have the opportunity to include various fleshy daemonic conversions, and iconography.

With that in mind, any good ideas for a colour scheme? I did start painting some R&H forces in a dark grey with red accents (in the link 88th Pheleogethos below), would that work on the Skitarii and AdMech units?

Has anyone seen any cool conversions crop up already that'd serve as inspiration?

Hey, and welcome to the Dark Mechanicus :)

Grey and Red could work. It you did the legs and outer robe in the grey and inner robe red? That might work.

Personally I took inspiration from the existing Mars scheme, but made it darker and corrupted with Dark Red and Corroded Armour.

As for examples of other colour schemes and cool conversions there are a few threads that have popped up here so far with the new AdMech models as you'll see below:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/307473-the-dark-mechanicus-unleashed/?do=findComment&comment=4055401

There are a lot of scratch builds here so may not be your thing if you're hoping to use the new models but the colours are nice.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306864-from-the-fallen-forge/

Very original conversions here using the newly released Skitarii.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/306524-from-the-forges-of-ghalmek/

Finally, this is my own thread. Whilst there is a lot more I could say here as I know my own ideas best, I will let you check this one for yourself as I would hate to come across like I'm putting mine before any of these other great threads.

(Mainly Skitarii stuff currently, but Kastelans are at the end and will be joined by the Electro-Priests and Kataphrons, who I have some ideas for, when I get them)

These are all I'm aware of that use the new models so hopefully I haven't missed anyone.

@Lucio: Welcome to the dark side, Lucio. I can absolutely see a dark grey and red (or grey and dark red) color scheme work. That'd be sufficiently different from what you see with most loyalist Mechanicum forces, or it could be at least, but, to be honest, I don't even think it's massively important. I'd think the Dark Mechanicum character of your army will likely show on the unpainted models already.

In addition to what Apostle linked above, make sure you also check out GuitaRasmus' old plog here. Page 10 has a painted Helbrute you should see. I never understood why he went for the Iron Warrior paint scheme in the end, but, yeah, whatever. 

@Apostle of the 30th Host: Wow, thanks for those links, brother. I'm a great fan of your work, but the stuff in Red Skullz' thread is stellar too.

Just a heads up...

GuitaRasmus has a new thread!!

It's Word Bearers based but he's using a fair few of his Dark Mech creations so at least they will finally see paint.

@Lucio: Welcome to the dark side, Lucio. I can absolutely see a dark grey and red (or grey and dark red) color scheme work. That'd be sufficiently different from what you see with most loyalist Mechanicum forces, or it could be at least, but, to be honest, I don't even think it's massively important. I'd think the Dark Mechanicum character of your army will likely show on the unpainted models already.

In addition to what Apostle linked above, make sure you also check out GuitaRasmus' old plog here. Page 10 has a painted Helbrute you should see. I never understood why he went for the Iron Warrior paint scheme in the end, but, yeah, whatever. 

@Apostle of the 30th Host: Wow, thanks for those links, brother. I'm a great fan of your work, but the stuff in Red Skullz' thread is stellar too.

Cheers Kortmer! You're welcome brother. I have been following those two with great interest since they went up - it's always nice to see how others are using the Admech models for Chaos...

01001100 01100101 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01110011 01100101 01100101 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00100000 01101101 01101001 01101110 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101110

• 2 weeks later...

Archived