Building a Emperor's Children Army

I've got a brother who is considering on building an Emperor's Children Army (with little to no Slaanesh Demons). Is there anyone who plays this kind of army that could help me figure out how to help him build a list?

EDIT: I made another topic about building a Thousand Sons army because my brother is kind of torn between the two. Here's the link to that one: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308128-building-a-thousand-sons-army/

The starting point is the same as any other army, get a HQ, and 2 units of troops.

For Emperor's Children, you've got some really good Troops in the form of Noise Marines, so I'd suggest building one squad as a 10 man sonic blaster and 2 x Blast master squad, and a second 9 man squad equiped with boltguns and close combat weapons, Icon of Excess and a Doom Siren on the champion. Add a Rhino to both squads, with a Havok Launcher and Dirge caster.

The Warlord it's tempting to suggest Lucius the Eternal, but otherwise a Chaos Lord with a pair of Lightning Claws works.

As the force evolves, add in the popular units such as Bikers (your Lord can graduate to here), and add more Noise Marines, Obliterators (If there's parts out there, imagine modelling 3 very large, very angry one man bands!) and vehicle support (personally I favour Predators for cheap fire support)

Archived