=][= Fund raising drive for B&C =][=

Olis

gallery_2_3712_17257.gif

The official announcement can be read here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308146-yearly-board-fund-drive-begins

Brothers and sisters of the Liber!

Once again we find ourselves at a time when B&C must look to it's members to continue to operate. Since our benefactor and man at the rudder, Brother Argos, stepped down in 2013 B&C has had to rely on donations to keep paying the server costs. As this is a yearly outlay, we need only to do a donation drive once a year but it falls to us, the users of B&C, the members, to keep that which we enjoy the most alive.

As has been said in the announcement itself - we have enough traffic over the whole of B&C for each person to donate but a small amount - $1.50 on average - and we should be able to reach our goal. This goal will cover server costs for the next year and, should we exceed the goal, we have the means to explore projects and updates (once again, as mentioned in the official announcement).

Now, be aware that it is not expected of you to donate. You are not required to reach in your pocket - this is a request, nothing more. If you have some spare money, then please consider donating to keep the board going. How much you donate does not matter - small donations and large donations mean one and the same to us: B&C lives on for at least another year.

If enough of us put in at least a little cash, then we should be able to hit our goal in no time at all - last year B&C managed to get the lions share of the donations done within a week. As always if there are any questions, just ask.

So what say you, Liberites?

Seeing as you are now Part of the Ship are you going to put one of these in Age of Darkness?

I do not hold the authority in those parts to warrant making an announcement - that is up to Flint, Honda, Hyaenidae or Kage to sort out. Should an announcement not materialise in a couple of hours, I'll give them a poke to see what's up. ;)

Hail fellow Liberites!

Can we just remind everyone (now payday has come!) that we still need around a third of the funds to keep the B+C going for another year?

If you haven't donated, please think seriously about how much time we all enjoy using this site (I know for me it's at least as much time as I spend painting/gaming actual models) and we really don't ever want it to end. $5 or $10 really isn't much to pay out for a whole year!

For those of us where the Bolter and Chainsword is the hobby, it needs you to step up and help. It has given us so very much already, by providing us with this place and making us into a community that puts all other internet communities to shame.

Please consider what having the Bolter and Chainsword in our lives for another year is worth to you, and donate accordingly.

Come denizens of the Liber, hear my words, though we hail from many different places and owe our allegiance to various powers, we are all of us united in our love for this site and the network of support and inspiration it provides. But that network, like the Imperium itself, requires sacrifice to continue running, and with the departure of our beloved leader Brother Argos as the board's caretaker it falls to us, the users, to maintain it.

Unfortunately however, it seem our sub-forum's response has thus far been lacking in comparison to that of the other sub-forums.

They already sneer at us and make jest at our expense for being the place where the board's "crazies" lurk, so I ask you, will you give them yet more ammunition to use against us by abandoning this cherished site in it's hour of need?

Another barbed arrow with which to perforate the reputation of our beloved Liber?

NAY!

Let them mock us from their gilded seats of imagined self-importance! The Liber shall not be found wanting this day!

I implore you my brothers and sisters, open you hearts & wallets! Donate whatever you can, no matter how small the sum! Whether you give $5 or $50 is unimportant, all donations are equally important and equally appreciated.

I myself have already donated £15 to the cause, will you join me?

Together, we can help keep these glorious digital halls open to all who frequent it, and bring honour to our forum in the process!

Let those who would dismiss our worth know that they are wrong, that we are worthy to stand amongst them as equals, with our heads held high!

Let them speak of us not with scorn, but with pride!

Let them remember our worth!

Let them remember our loyalty!

Let them remember our name!

WE ARE THE LIBER ASTARTES, AND WE FIGHT FOR THE BOLTER & CHAINSWORD!

Archived