Ultramar's Photo Album

INKS

Thanks for the nice comments guys. When I started back in 1998, old school was all there was...

The scouts are the original ones from the 1st Ed. I bought them used for a song a long time ago as part of the old "Ultramarine" board game -> scouts vs. scouts in a space hulk.

Litlamzetiv, yeah the scout sergeant is a power armored dude. But he's a pretty old model and he didn't fit in well with the rest of the PA troops and his dimensions make him fit in pretty good with the old scouts. Fluff-wise he's stripped down his power armor to be able to operate with the neophytes.

Huzzah for classic scouts!

Edit: I can't quite tell from the picture, is that scout sergeant a conversion from the one that comes with the classic plastic squad, or is it a totally different model? If it's the classic plastic one, it's not power-armoured, it's just got the pauldrons, boots, greaves, gloves, and breastplate, with cloth for the arms and thighs. The only difference between the classic plastic scout sergeant and the scouts is the pauldrons; the scouts had one small ceramite one and one made from leather strips.

Edited by Cptn. Palladorus

• 2 weeks later...
Well....they look great, but red helmets don't indicate Veteran status, it indicates Sergeant status.

White helmets indicates Veteran status and red with a white stripe down the middle indicates Veteran Sergeant.

Just FYI.

While this is very true for an ultramarines force in general it is not for my task force :rolleyes:

The way I've written the fluff for my task force is that in a certain battle (I have yet to pice it together into a 1-2 page little story) their sergants took precise sniper fire from buildings while securing a city. (very similar to how Soviet snipers pretty much killed any officer in the german wermacht during the battle for stalingrad) So to avoid this all white (but on certain characters armor (smaller symbols like maybe an Ultramarine "U", or something along those lines) was removed from the armor, and instead the red (which also is a part of my commander's heraldry, became the "new" veteran color, and all was given those helmets (they decorated the entire chapter for it's veteran status at the same time as they reformed their veteran and sergant colors)...

I hope you get what I mean here ^^,

No, but then the sniper has a harder time deciding which one is the actual Sergeant.

Remember the Alpha Legion: "My name is Alpharius." B)

They switched to bright red to be LESS visible??????

+++'Course they can always ignore the bright red helmets and aim for the shiny chest eagles instead....

If Mueller wanted reflect a company on campaign he could always go with old WH40 Compilation Ultramarine method of repainting the right shoulder armor in solid light blue, thereby obscuring the unit markings altogether. Additionally, the chest eagle and the trim on the left shoulder are overpainted in dark blue. Rather drab, but it beats transitioning to a relatively complex, environment-specific camoflage pattern.

Martellus+++

Well....they look great, but red helmets don't indicate Veteran status, it indicates Sergeant status.

White helmets indicates Veteran status and red with a white stripe down the middle indicates Veteran Sergeant.

Just FYI.

While this is very true for an ultramarines force in general it is not for my task force ;)

The way I've written the fluff for my task force is that in a certain battle (I have yet to pice it together into a 1-2 page little story) their sergants took precise sniper fire from buildings while securing a city. (very similar to how Soviet snipers pretty much killed any officer in the german wermacht during the battle for stalingrad) So to avoid this all white (but on certain characters armor (smaller symbols like maybe an Ultramarine "U", or something along those lines) was removed from the armor, and instead the red (which also is a part of my commander's heraldry, became the "new" veteran color, and all was given those helmets (they decorated the entire chapter for it's veteran status at the same time as they reformed their veteran and sergant colors)...

I hope you get what I mean here ^^,

I actually think this is badass fluff, I need to get inspired to write stuff up about my wolves. Someone said it wasnt ultramariny, and of that I know nothing, but its definitely badass.

edit: I haven't slepd enough this night and it's sort of messing up my grammar.

Edited by arkel

Well that was pretty easy...

First made a mix of 50/50 regal blue and chaos black

then layer over a 50/50 mix of regal blue and ultramarines blue(just leave the previous color showing in the recess)

then highlight the egdes with ultramarines blue

and lastly highlight with a 50/50 mix of ultramarines blue and spacewolves grey.

this require a lot of mixing so if you want an army painted this way I suggest you use some mixing pots for it.

Might as well throw up some pics of mine here as well.

Termies

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x94/rockarn91/My%20Ultras/DSC00131.jpg

Some heavy/special weapons

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x94/rockarn91/My%20Ultras/DSC00134.jpg

The pics will look much better if you enlarge them.

Might as well throw up some pics of mine here as well.

Termies

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x94/rockarn91/My%20Ultras/DSC00131.jpg

Some heavy/special weapons

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x94/rockarn91/My%20Ultras/DSC00134.jpg

The pics will look much better if you enlarge them.

= Orgasmatron!

;P

Ryld: I'm really digging your army. I like seeing all of those matching marines in one spot--they just look smashing together. Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions?

1) Why are the shoulderpads so shiny?

2) Why do the bases of your squad commanders all look like they're pure mud when the rest of your army seems to have grass on them (this is at least true for the majority of squad leaders in the front row).

RubberDuck & Hastatus: I've already applauded these models in the PC&A forums, but they're worthy of another here! here!