The Host of Kor Gahal - a Word Bearers project. I'm back. ;)

so how many of those models have you voed up tobsupport team chaos inthe ETL? msn-wink.gif

You're living my dream. I can't wait to make a LR shrine like that... must finish my Blood Angels... must stick to my task...

What's your red recipe? It looks amazing. Also, totally fantastic work on the vehicles and daemon engines. That's a wonderful helbrute.

Not too complicated;

Basecoat with mix of Rhinox hide/Khorne red

Highlight Khorne red

Highligt mix Khorne red/Mephiston red

Hightligt Mephiston red

Highlight edges Wild Rider red

Highlight sharpest edges mix Pallid wych flesh/Wild Rider red

A few dabs of Carrobourg Crimson wash here and there, used as a glaze to deepen the red. It takes a little time, and all steps are layered with thin paint, but I think it's well worth the effort. :)

so how many of those models have you voed up tobsupport team chaos inthe ETL? msn-wink.gif

Not quite sure what ETL is?

painting event, each faction team up, then vowing what units from it they will paint within the deadline time, and how many Points, then post a Before and after pic then the Points amount you finished goes to your teams total

and wouldent it feel wrong if the wordbeares wasent supporting the cause of chaos?

ill find the link for you, would love to have you join us

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/forum-62/announcement-35-e-tenebrae-lux-iv/

there you go

painting event, each faction team up, then vowing what units from it they will paint within the deadline time, and how many Points, then post a Before and after pic then the Points amount you finished goes to your teams total

and wouldent it feel wrong if the wordbeares wasent supporting the cause of chaos?

ill find the link for you, would love to have you join us

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/forum-62/announcement-35-e-tenebrae-lux-iv/

there you go

Thanks - while it sounds interesting, I'm no good at all when it comes to deadlines in the hobby - I have enough deadlines in my job (as a teacher), so I avoid them at all costs in my spare time. :) 

Sorry guys, like I said, I'm not really into any kind of deadlines regarding the hobby - I do it whenever I want to.

I've gotten a bit further with my Coryphaeus, Kor Gahal - a possessed Terminator lord. Still needs quite a bit of sculpting, but the main framework and some of the details are done.

I especially like the back bent legs - that was a new challenge on a terminator! biggrin.png

korgahal1.jpg

korgahal2.jpg

Size comparison - he's a big 'un!:

korgahalsize.jpg

I quit!

Just as I have something in mind to plan and build, you go and throw that together. That's it, I'm done, well and truly.

That's is amazing :tu:

One question though. What shoulder pads are you using? They look bigger than standard TDA ones.

I'm assuming they're off the Mutilator kit, same as the arm.

The only bad thing about this log is that you'll be stripping the Forgefiend. Love that paintjob.

Dragonlover

Kor Gahal is spectacular, I'm in love with the bent-back legs; you could almost seem him with some sort of flaying tail as well. :p That said, his waist comes across as a little thin.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. This is particularly inspiring for someone who's planning to restart his Chaos army after completing his ETL vow.

Just had to step in to say that Lord is absolutely superb.

One of my absolute favourite elements of Chaos in general is the mutation aspect, but I very rarely see it done in a way that strikes me as so aesthetically pleasing. Mostly it's just randomly arranged spikes/claws/tentacles/boils/whatever without any sense of proportion or arrangement, but this is something else altogether - you've struck a great balance between kind of "absurdity" (the mutations are still huge and asymmetrical) and style at the same time here. 

Really quality stuff - if I was involved in the modelling side of the hobby I would, despite my serious aversion to copying others' original ideas, aim to "borrow" that. I'm very impressed and will be watching on with interest :)

Just subscribed to the thread, very interested in the progression of this project.

Great reds and contrast on that test-piece possessed marine, I dig the metal trim as well.

And that terminator looks brutal, I'm not sold on the pose but you I'll wait and see once you've bulked him up, might just be what's needed. ;)

Are you planning on painting his mutated left-arm black like the fingers on your earlier possessed? If so that could be quite special.

I remember that you once made a Slaanesh kill-team, a lord made from warptalon base, a noise marine in terminator armour, and possibly some more models. After trawling through all the threads in your signature and the tags on the bitter (old) painters blog without luck, could you link me to somewhere I can view them again? :)

could you link me to somewhere I can view them again? :)

Check the ++CHAOS SPACE MARINE RESOURCES++ in the Chaos forum. Pretty sure they're all listed under inspirational topics. There's also one in the Daemons Resources ;)

Great to see you back, GuitaRasmus. And you're off to a phenomenal start (not that I expected anything different though).

I find it hard to believe how you manage to put this much of your unique style into painting such a simple miniature as your tester on page 1. I swear, I could have told it's yours if I'd seen it in a different place than this thread. I'll be watching this with much anticipation.

Thanks guys. :)

@ Slaanbull: Great to see your Lucius conversion at the Fang in GW Copenhagen yesterday - cool conversion, I must say. :)

I've just caved in and ordered a Land Raider kit from Subtle Discord - I've drooled over it ever since he first made it, but I didn't really have any use for it - till now. I had to have it for my Word Bearers Land Raider, so now I'm just waiting eagerly for it. :)

This beautiful thing: http://thedarkworks.bigcartel.com/product/loricatus-mk-i-hvy-armour-kit

Archived