Blood Angels and Bionics

Jolemai

Excluding Tycho and his mask, when was the last time you saw a bionic part on a Blood Angel? Don't get me wrong, I know we have them (and they are arguably the finest looking masterpieces in the Imperium) but where are they?

Does it look odd having a Blood Angel with bionics?

The main reason I ask is that I purchased this a while back and can't seem to envision it as a Blood Angel sad.png

I always find bionic bits for my BA, even going as far as to raid grey knights boxes, buy the iron hands sprue and contemplate hacking apart skitarri, I want a good set of GW/FW bionics damnit!

To me bionics is one of the most 40k things possible, lost a leg, or an arm, or a face, or a spine, WHO CARES! We've patched you up now get back out there!! This applies especially to BA for me, as they're always in close combat, so they're gonna get hacked apart.

A bullet makes a hole, a lasgun makes a burn, a missle explodes, but swords and axes remove things so you can win despite the odds, go home and get upgraded like a badass!!

I think as long as they might be artificed in some way then the bionics on a BA would look nice. Similar to Tycho's bionic eye. Being the artisan type marine we are that fluff wise the crude looking "basic" bionic wouldn't be too appealing to a son of Sanguinius. 

Archived